Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there anything else I can help you with?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there anything else I can help you with?

Dear customers,

The above phrase is meant to gently advise you that as we both seem to feel that I have resolved your issue to your satisfaction, our time together is drawing to a close. I am asking you this question to give you the opportunity to tell me that I am incorrect and you are not satisfied, or that you have additional questions about this or another issue. I am not asking you this question so you can say no and then when I thank you for calling and wish you good day, suddenly hit me with a barrage of questions in a tone that suggests I have somehow rudely rebuffed you by ending the call prematurely. I can still help you but I now have proof that

A) you never listen to me (so why ask me questions, really?)
    B) you are an idiot

C) All of the above.

Comment

D) Monkeys.

What? They answer is always Monkeys. Well, sometimes Egg.

Comment

Sometimes the answer is 42.
        The key to customer service is accepting the following:
        Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.

Comment

Quoth ViolaPlayer View Post
          Sometimes the answer is 42.
          Yes, but what's the question?
          "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
          - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Monkeys + Eggs = 42.

*nods sagely*
            1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
            -----
            http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Quoth Kogarashi View Post
              Therein lies the problem.
              "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

It can also mean that we haven't resolved the problem but that what you're asking for is unreasonable and I am done talking about this particular problem. If you have anything else then we can talk about it but it is not an invitation to re-hash the (now) closed issue.
                My formula for living is quite simple. I get up in the morning and I go to bed at night. In between, I occupy myself as best I can.---Cary Grant

Comment

Quoth flybye023 View Post
                  It can also mean that we haven't resolved the problem but that what you're asking for is unreasonable and I am done talking about this particular problem. If you have anything else then we can talk about it but it is not an invitation to re-hash the (now) closed issue.
                  And you know I hate asking that question when I know they're still mad because they have to say, "well, you didn't help me!" I have to ask that question. Id like to say, "well, I helped you to the best of my ability but I can't help stupid."

Comment

Quoth Kogarashi View Post
                    We apologize for the inconvenience.
                    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth AquaGirl View Post
                      "well, I helped you to the best of my ability but I can't help stupid."
                      Wouldn't you just about give your soul sometimes to be able to say that?

Comment

Quoth morgana View Post
                        Wouldn't you just about give your soul sometimes to be able to say that?
                        I dunno about my soul. Maybe someone else's, though.

Quoth AquaGirl View Post
                        And you know I hate asking that question when I know they're still mad because they have to say, "well, you didn't help me!" I have to ask that question. Id like to say, "well, I helped you to the best of my ability but I can't help stupid."
                        As Ron White so astutely put it: "You can't fix stupid."
                        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth AquaGirl View Post
                          That always makes me cringe too...but yeah, I have to ask. At least by that time they're usually about to hang up on me
                          "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Working...
                          X