Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All of my action figures are opened and in various poses. I realize they would probably be worth more sealed but I'm not buying them for their money value.

Comment

Most of my Transformers are opened. The ones that aren't are not because I haven't gotten around to it yet mainly.

Though I do loath to open Primus and Unicron since they look so good in their boxes and so dominate everything around them.

Comment

That's one of the reasons I take my own photos and don't use the stock pictures. Just to be on the safe side. I hope you can forward the info from ebay to paypal; it's starting to smell like a big scam to me. Have they even offered to send the item back?
        "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Quoth Panacea View Post
          So is this guy saying he's going to return the item? I'm not seeing that in the post.
          No, they're not returning it. I've told them before that they can return it, unopened, for a refund. They've refused, and that's when they started demanding I just 'give them the money'.

Whats worse, is I just spent a most depressing hour on the phone with Ebay. Basically, whoever told me not to worry about a negative feedback was lying out her butt. Or this guy was. Someone's not telling me everything. <.<

Basically, they said that her complaint is being worded in such a way that she can leave a negative feedback if she wants. It'll torch my rating, since I've just gotten started up again. But, nothing I can do.

The most infuriating part was when I raised the point with the guy that my hands are tied regarding warning others of her behavior (thanks to the new rule of no neutral/negative feedback), and his response was "Her ONLY obligation as a buyer was to pay you. Now you have to make nice with her, its not our problem. If she decided to leave a negative feedback about you, she'd be completely right to do that, even if she is causing you a problem. This is how it is in places like...grocery stores. She paid you, that's all she has to do. Now the ball is in your court."

So yeah, I'm pretty darn upset over all of this. The only consolation is that Paypal has promised me that if this all goes completely south, they'll most likely reimburse me out of their own pocket to smooth things over. Not sure how I feel about that.
          By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Their changes to the Feedback system make them so incredibly horribly lopsided it's ridiculous.

And, despite their claims, the buyer's responsibility does NOT end with the sending of payment. >_<

^-.-^
            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

If they leave negative feedback you can reply to it so people can see what is up with it.

Comment

If you are the type to watch your auctions, you can sometimes cancel and block on people who leave too many negatives or who have some for really frivolous reasons.

Remember that the Feedback they leave is often far more telling than what they get.

^-.-^
                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Update on the situation....yes it's been a while. XP

The item was returned today. Messily opened, and the card obviously missing. /headdesk

I called up PayPal to let them know, since its the last day she had before I automatically won the case. To my surprise, they said she never provided proof of the delivery, and I decided to be nice and read them the delivery confirmation number off the package. (The rep was a bit surprised when I offered to do so....saying "you're not obligated, you know." )

Ended up, I would have to jump through an appeals process to get the case in my favor, even with the item sitting in my hand, opened. They said I'd have to provide cement proof that it was unopened before I shipped it. Timestamped photos and whatnot. I guess the sigh I accidentally let out somehow managed to transmit how I felt, because the rep lol'd a bit and said he could help out with that.

So, in the end, they've closed the case neutrally. She got her money back.

But, they also gave ME the money back, out of PayPal's pocket. They're also launching a secondary investigation into this woman, to see if this is something she tends to do. This is on top of the one that Ebay is doing.

So even though it wasn't a total victory, I'm still relieved that it came out somewhat in my favor. Even if it was for a small amount, I still wanted to stand up for what was right. Yay, morality. /sigh

Now to sit and watch my feedback, and see if she goes berserker. <.<

(But, the other question then is her love for me like a truck? Cookie for the reference. )

Comment

Would you like some making fuck?

Comment

So even though you have emails where you stated the buyer would need to return in the original unopened condition it was sold in....you're still screwed. What a load of bull.
                      A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

I used to sell a lot on eBay, but I almost never do anymore. There's too much of this bullcrap, especially since they changed the ratings system.
                        Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                        HR believes the first person in the door
                        Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                        Document everything
                        CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
                          So even though you have emails where you stated the buyer would need to return in the original unopened condition it was sold in....you're still screwed. What a load of bull.
                          Yep, I just don't have absolute concrete proof that it was sealed RIGHT before I shipped it. I know it was, she obviously knows it was, but I don't have like, a timestamped picture of it right as I put it in the envelope. /facepalm

Quoth wagegoth View Post
                          I used to sell a lot on eBay, but I almost never do anymore. There's too much of this bullcrap, especially since they changed the ratings system.
                          I am unfortunately having to sell on it again, to try and raise money to get new cabinets for our kitchen. Otherwise, I wouldn't be messing with it at all. However, the slowly collapsing current cabinetry demands I do something about it, LOL.

Also, two cookies for Lachrymose!
                          Last edited by Seraph; 07-31-2011, 07:29 PM.

Comment

This is why alot of people advise not to use paypal, i had problems on ebay once when i was trading in phone stuff that a guy didnt like my answer when he said he decided he didnt want something after having it for several weeks and had been using it.... and that he wanted to return it for a full refund as was his rights......of course i told him to go jump.

2 days later over 100 buy now auctions bought at around 2-3am in the morning with neg ratings left for every transactions with rude comments and comments that stated i was a theif and so and so forth. all from a new virgin account on wbay. The email addy was different but they mailed me a few times saying stuff like im going to make your life a misery and you will never sell on ebay again etc etc....The IP addy was the same as the "disgruntled customer" and i even traced the address back to Oxford colledge or university...i forget the one. Reported him to the police...they said yeah like we care and blah blah....in the end someone i was friends with online and hearing of the situation managed to do something to get the log in information he had used on the campus network (or summink, it identified the user ne ways) at which point he was emailed saying look we have your details we can contact the campus with the info and what your doing if you try anything again.

Problem solved.

gone off point but still ebay sucks...and paypal is just an arm of ebay now and tend to do the buyer can do no wrong angle on everything
                            We are the willing, led by the unknowing, doing the impossible, for the ungrateful, we have now done so much, for so long - for so many, with so little, we can now do anything with nothing!!!

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                              Their changes to the Feedback system make them so incredibly horribly lopsided it's ridiculous.
                              Yes, it is. I don't know why they thought it would be a good idea to do that. Customers can be nasty and vindictive as hell; I've gotten some negative feedback that were just blatant assholishness. Unfortunately, eBay is pretty much the only game in town, so we sellers are basically SOL.
                              I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                              My LiveJournal
                              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Working...
                              X