This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Don't Rip My Face Off

A women’s exercise class was going on at the school, but we had to move them from our main school hall into the sports hall due to a presentation that was set up for the morning. No big deal right? All I had to say to the women arriving was “The exercise class is in our sports hall rather than the main hall. All you have to do is walk down the corridor and take the last left.” Normally they would take the first left. Judging from these women’s reaction, I might as well have told them to hike up Mount Everest for their class!

The people running the class entered.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Me: Just so you know, we have had to move you into our sports hall tonight due to a presentation in the main hall.
    Organiser: Whaaaaaaaat?
    Me: It’s OK, it’s the exact same setup and size as the main hall, it’s just at the other end of the school.
    O: Whaaaaaaat? Well, why didn’t you tell me this before? How are people going to know where it is?
    Me: I will tell them when they arrive.
    O: You’d better.

They stormed inside.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First group of women arrive.

Me: Hi just so you know…(I do my little speech about where the class is)
    W: Where? Huh?
    Me: It’s the exact same corridor you normally walk down, except you take the last left instead of the first.

They all looked each other, confused.

W: Which way again?

A woman walked in on her own.

Me: Hi there, just so you…excuse me…excuse me!

She belted past me as if I was a canvasser on the street trying to get her to buy things. Fine, I wasn’t about to go chasing after her.

To be continued…

Next group arrive.

Me: Hi there, just so you know…(speech)
    W: Oh maaaaaaaaaaaaaan! You mean we have to walk all the way down there?!

They slowly walked down the corridor like it was the biggest inconvenience in the world. Funny, I thought they were here to do EXERCISE!

Three more women arrived.

Me: Hi there, just so you know blah blah blah
    W: What? What? It’s moved? Why didn’t the organisers tell us beforehand? If I had know there was going to be a change I wouldn’t have come! I am going to rip that woman’s fucking face off!!
    Me: Woah! Wait a minute! She didn’t know anything until she arrived. You only have to walk a little further down the corridor. It’s less than a minutes walk. We had to close the main hall due to a presentation.

She stood there, glaring at me, red faced, while her friends giggled.

Me: Please don’t rip my face off.

She turned around and walked off. Her friends thought it was hilarious.

And now the conclusion…

The woman who ran past me slid into the reception area about fifteen minutes after the class had started.

W: Excuse me, I have been waiting in the main hall for the exercise class, but no one has shown up yet. Is it cancelled?
    Me: No, they have just moved to the sports hall.
    W: Why didn’t you tell meeeee?
    Me: I did try, but you ran off.
    W: *blank stare*
    Me: Maybe you should head down there before you miss anymore of the class.

She did. She had been sat in the main hall for twenty minutes. The main hall was completely filled with chairs, tables and presentation boards. Where exactly did she think this dancing was going to take place?

What's the problem? Wouldn't the walk serve as a warm-up?
    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Laziness, pure and simple. How dare we as the lowly employees cause such an inconvenience to a customer, no matter how big or small? No, forget that we are simply doing our job, we're there to kiss their asses and make them as happy as possible.
      And these people are there for some sort of exercise class? And they complain about having to walk a few extra steps? Yeah, I'm thinking they won't be losing that much weight

Comment

Does this really surprise any of us? Sigh.
        "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Oh my God. I seriously don't know how you kept your cool and kept from telling them to STFU.

Some of these idiots at the school are worse than your bar patrons, and I truly didn't think that was possible.

You poor thing.
          "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

I would suggest a sign on the door of the main hall, but we all know that SCs don't read signs.
            "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
            -Mira Furlan

Comment

You mean I can't take an elevator to go work out?!

For Shame!
              https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

Quoth Kanalah View Post
                You mean I can't take an elevator to go work out?!

For Shame!
                No, but you can take the escalator...

Some days, it's just not worth chewing through the restraints...
                TASTE THE LIME JELLO OF DEFEAT! -Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post

Me: Please don’t rip my face off.
                  You actually said this? You're awesome!
                  "Redheads have at least a 95% chance of being gorgeous. They're also concentrated evil." - Irv

"This is all strange, uncharted territory and your hamster only has three legs." - Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
                    What's the problem? Wouldn't the walk serve as a warm-up?
                    You'd be surprised at how many people show up at an exercise class who aren't really there to exercise.

Comment

Were those two women from the last time you wrote about an exercise class who went outside to smoke and got locked out part of the group this time? I'd totally see them having a reaction like those.

Comment

Quoth xaenon View Post
                        You'd be surprised at how many people show up at an exercise class who aren't really there to exercise.
                        You mean like the guy who parked himself on one of the pieces of equipment and did nothing the whole time but watch a ball game on the TV?
                        Sometimes life is altered.
                        Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                        Uneasy with confrontation.
                        Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Dang. I guess that's like my mum getting upset the day I watched a movie and didn't put her excercise DVD back in the player, so she had to go put it in herself. Had to walk ALL THE WAY across the livingroom! (Note, the livingroom is not big. Also, this was a "walk your way to thin" dvd.) I laughed, and then I ran away.
                          Oh wook at teh widdle babeh dwaggin! How cyuuute babeh dwag-AAAAAAAUUUGGGHHHH! *nom*
                          http://jennovazombie.deviantart.com

Comment

I truly don't get this.

I park far enough away from most places so that I HAVE to walk.

(the only exception is my office on campus, because of where faculty parking is)
                            They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Am I the only one who finds that hilarious?

Thanks, CRML; I missed being able to laugh at your pain!
                              You gotta polish a memory like a stone. Chip off the parts that remind you it was just a game. Work it until it's indistinguishable from any other memory.

Comment

Working...
                              X