X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "It just seems so sad"

I apologize for the rambling.

Reminder to all that I sell cellphones in Wal-mart. A lot of the stores have combined this with photo and electronics all into one. Mine hasn't, I still help out the other departments, but nobody other than me and the other two cell phone people usually do anything with the phones. I work in the evening and part-time due to school, I've also not been there as long as the other two so I usually leave any actual important decisions up to them and just do what they tell me and sell the phones.

On our Verizon side we had a display for a phone that I've heard from customers that Verizon doesn't sell anymore, but as far as I knew our rep has not recalled them (usually what happens), but we also didn't have any stock at the time.

So a customer came up and ended up getting a little upset that we would have a display and no phones. I had told him that I don't usually make that decision and didn't know if there was a possibility of getting some more in from another store. Before I could say anything else he goes "Well, that just seems so sad, and kind of huffed off.

I shrugged it off, but not five minutes later my manager comes over "So what's the problem with the phones?" I explained about the customer and asked if he had really complained to management. Even better, he had called, saying he didn't understand why we would have the display. Manager, P said she had offered to go look into it and he responded with "Well, if you think it's important." and when she said of course and asked him to hold on a minute, he hung up on her.

So after I think I managed to mostly convince P I wasn't at fault, though I did have to repeat twice that I would have offered to see if other stores had it and also pointed out the newer version of the phone but he hadn't given me a chance to before walking off, she left.

Less than 10 minutes later P called to let me know she had just gotten another call from the same guy, this time complaining that the Deli had closed before the sign says it closes (usually happens due to call-ins). She said he kept repeated that it was a shame and 'so sad'. She told him if he was still in the store she could come help him and he said "No, no, no, no, don't worry about me, but why don't you care about your other customers?"
    I make music videos in my spare time. http://www.youtube.com/user/raven13x. Check them out ^_^

I come across this sort of thing often. People who make a fuss about things that either cannot be changed or can easily be gotten around and then when you offer an alternitive etc they get all apathetic and pretty much refuse to be helped. Arrrg its so aggrivating cos they usually end up goingover your head and making out that you didn't try to help at all!
    Customers: Love them or hate them you can't set them on fire... or can you?

Comment

Good old passive aggression. How I hate it!

If you've got a problem, tell me the problem and we can fix it. Don't hem and haw and try to guilt-trip and manipulate people into giving you what your wishy-washy heart desires. Use your words and state the facts, like a grownup.
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Don't let them get to you. At least you're keeping your butts covered by attempting to help them. I would think management would figure that out by now (wishful thinking, I know..), because they would endure the same thing if they were in your place.

Comment

If you weren't in Illinois, and the SC wasn't female, I'd have almost thought you were dealing with my nephew! Wow! Passive aggressive much??
          "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

Wait...I'm still trying to figure out how a call about the deli that SHOULD have gone either there or to CustServ got routed to electronics...
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
              Wait...I'm still trying to figure out how a call about the deli that SHOULD have gone either there or to CustServ got routed to electronics...
              No, the deli call went to Manager P, who forwarded the information to raine_naoe as something that might be good for a laugh... or a sigh.

^-.-^
              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth BrenDAnn View Post
                If you weren't in Illinois, and the SC wasn't female, I'd have almost thought you were dealing with my nephew! Wow! Passive aggressive much??
                Oops, some confusing pronouns slipped past me (one of my biggest problems in creative writing). The SC was male. an older man, high end of middle age.
                I make music videos in my spare time. http://www.youtube.com/user/raven13x. Check them out ^_^

Comment

Working...
                X