This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ah the smell of crushed hope in the air

Stumbled on here from the comic and reading through has brought back such horrible memories that the psyciatrist swore she supressed.

Let me explain first where I live. I am in the deepend of nowhere you know of texas. We are an industrial area so not many places to go see or tourist attraction. Our taxis are somewhat non existant and our city bus system is a joke. In all actuality where I live we have dial up for internet service because we raise horses in the middle of nowhere and not even dsl is offered. I am using a mobile internet card to have somewhat contact with the outside world. So boring area, bare bottom technology, country folk

A few years ago I was working at a hotel that mainly catered to people coming into town for business. Like i have stated this area is not a busiling metropolis but we did have an airport that had one plane to fly people back and forth from the nearest big city. Ineviteably though I would get this call

UF= unprepared fool
    AM= amazing me

UF:"Hi I just got off the plane and was wondering when your bus service would be coming by to pick me up"

AM: "I'm sorry sir but we do not offer that service. There are rental car stations in the airport (i think we had one maybe two)"

UF: "Why don't you have anyone coming to pick me up?"

Well lets review, unfortunately you assumed that because you were flying here that automatically this is America and everyone and everyplace should cater to you. Heaven forbid that you actually research a place or even look at the HOTELS WEBSITE THAT SHOWS THERE IS NO SHUTTLE SERVICE. But I digress that must take up too many brain cells in your entitled life to do something for yourself. I have dispatched the flying monkeys straight to your destination to compensate you for your wasted time and lack of planning. I'll be sure to take the blame for this.

This call came way too many times to count. And my blackened shriveled heart felt no sympathy.

Well, that's one less disgruntled tourist left to hassle you next time

Comment

to CS! Even in large cities, some hotels don't have shuttle service. I guess this guy has never ever had such a shocking thing happen to him before.
      "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

You'd have no idea how often I get bitched at for not having a shuttle service. And we're in the Denver Metro area.
        To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

We're in a fairly good sized town, and I always get SCs whining about how we have no shuttle service. Though fortunately, at least they are asking ahead of time. I suppose I should count myself lucky that I have not yet had someone ask "I'm here, when are you picking me up?" (Dammit, I may have just jinxed myself...)
          Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

You could've offered him a horse

hey, I like that...Just tell them to take a left out of the airport, into the nearby pasture and jump on the nearest mustang! Bwahahaha!
            "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Quoth LillFilly View Post

hey, I like that...Just tell them to take a left out of the airport, into the nearby pasture and jump on the nearest mustang! Bwahahaha!
              Hey i respect animals way too much to subject them to that type of cruelty

Comment

Quoth bhskittykatt View Post
                I suppose I should count myself lucky that I have not yet had someone ask "I'm here, when are you picking me up?" (Dammit, I may have just jinxed myself...)
                You did! Your next thread will be about and SC with just that demand.
                I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth LillFilly View Post
                  Quoth hartlock10 View Post
                  Hey i respect animals way too much to subject them to that type of cruelty
                  Fear not. Bim Dulb would jump a bull... or attempt to.
                  I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                  Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                  Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                    So that's how the sport of bull riding was born.
                    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                      I wouldn't wish that on the bull.

But it would be a hilarious sight . . . especially when the bull pokes the guy in the family jewel chest.
                      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

I'd like to know just how many hundreds of dollars per night he was gonna spend on the hotel room if he expected to have someone pick him up on-call >_>
                        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                          So that's how the sport of bull riding was born.
                          If you've got half a mind to ride a bull...

... then that's all you need.

^-.-^
                          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                          X