This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Epic Wins and Pet Peeves

Believe it or not, my first day back to work from vacation wasn't all that sucky. Woohoo! There were, however, a few customers that tried to ruin my day but got swiftly put in their place and a few others that REALLY irked me.

Epic Win #1

A car full of 16-ish looking kids came thru late at night and were pretty obnoxious. Yelling, making fart noises, and the like. (note: I'm about 20)

Me: There's your order. Have a nice night.
    Obnoxious Kid: Wait! You're super sexi babe! What's your name?
    Me: ...Kisa
    OK: Kisa? That's a PRETTY name! What time do you get off work pretty Kisa? "eyewaggle:
    Me: Too late for you little boy!

I close the wondow and start taking orders. He mewled at the window for a bit, then moved on to yelling, then honking his horn, then pitiful stares. I waved He left.

Pet Peeve #1 and Epic Win #2

A group of older teens come to the window and were being loud and generally annoying. When I give them their order, back seat kid laughes all stupid like. "Whatever", I think, and go back to work. They sat at the window for a bit and, curious, I opened the window.

Me: Did you need anything?
    Dumb Kid: Naw. Just "decorating" for ya!

He had a straw in his hand so I looked at the window and, sure enough, it was dotted with spitballs.

Me: Are you kidding me?
    DK: Huh huh!
    Me: heaven help me....

I'm kinda a germaphobe so I get a glove, paper towels and bathroom cleaner (that stuff is STRONG) and clean them off the window. The teens are STILL there...

DK: Is that necessary?
    Me: Customers tend to frown on spitball coated windows, so, yes.
    DK: I ment the glove.
    Me: Yes. I don't want to come anywhere near touching your saliva. I don't want to catch anything.

DK looks disgusted and leaves. Oh no. I don't want to "offend" our "loyal" customers. Come baaccckkk. Come baaaccck so I can give you free stuuuffffff. Not.

Epic Win #3 and Pet Peeve #2

SC: HELLOOOOOOO???!!!!!!111!!!
    SC: HE-LOOOOOOOO???!!!!!!!111!!!
    CW: WHAAAAAATTTT???111!!!!!!
    SC: I want fooooddd! I want Foooooddd!!
    CW: Ok, but stop screaming in my ear. It hurts.
    SC: Bread- STIIICCCKKKSSSSS!!!
    CW: Pizza Hut is closed.
    SC: It's ok! It's ok! I work here!
    CW: Oh really?
    SC: Yeah! It's me, Dumb Shit!

Ahhh Dumb Shit... I think I've posted enough about you in COC for it to be obvious that you are an obnoxious ass. Thanks for the reminder...
    He finished ordering, through shouts, and pulled up. My coworker and I gave him his expired breadsticks and *cough* a bit more No not spit. CW put mints, sporks and wetnaps in the box and I wrote "Dumb Shit wants him some stix" on the box. I hope he noticed
    He got to the window and a friend of his is in the drivers seat.

The Friend: DAMN BABY! You be hot as HAY-YELL(hell)
    Me: shit...$10.42 please...
    TF: Can I have yer number gorgeous?
    Me: Hahaha...ha...haha...

He holds out the money and I grab onto it, but he hold on tight and grabs my hand.

TF: Kiss fo' da money? Fair trade.
    Me: I'm at work. *takes money and slams window.

I HATE THAT! I hate when random people touch/grab me. Especially my hands. It makes me want to start throwing things...

DS: Hey! Hey Kisa! You best not forget my breadsticks girl!
    Me: Oh, I won't....

His friend made a point to touch my hand everytime I handed him anything; Drinks, bags, change, sauces, napkins. I was about to take my size 9 non-slip shoe and whip it at his doofy face. When I'm pissed off, I don't miss.

TF: Hey, Dumb Shit. What's her name?

I'm right here...with a nametag on...dumbass....

DS: Kisa! That's Kisa!
    TF: Well, I'll be seein' you around "Kisa"
    Me: *closes window* URAAHHHGGHHH!!!
    CW: What's up with you?
    Me: Tell you later when I calm down...

Pet Peeve #3 &4

A young woman came to the window. The mayflies actually are not bad at all now. Still she wouldn't roll down the window. She just looked at me with terrified eyes and screamed everytime she pushed the button.
    Finally, she worked up the courage to roll down the window long enough to chuck her card at my face and roll it back up
    I wasn't happy...
    1) I don't like when people won't roll their windows down more than 2".
    2) I don't take it well when customers throw things at me.

Pet Peeve #5

While I'm getting this woman's change, I see her dumping drinks, bags, wrappers and more out her window.

Me: Would you like a bag for that?
    SW:
    Me: For the trash you just dumped out the window.
    SW: Oh THAT.
    Me: .....Are you going to pick it up?
    SW: Nope... I don't like my car being dirty.

I laughed. Both at the wording (pervy car!) and her nonchalant attitude.
    Bad move. she no longet took me seriously and drove off giggling like we were both in on the same joke.....shit....
    Answers: $1
    Correct Answers: $2
    Answers that require thought: $5
    Dumb looks are still free.

Stupid, stupid people. I agree--don't touch me, don't be stupid, and clean up after your damn self. One of my pet peeves is when they come up to the counter, and set things as far as humanly possible from me, when I need to scan them. Really? I'm not gonna steal your stuff, and I don't have cooties, I promise!
    "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

I also hate when I have my open, outstretched hand for the customer to put bills/change/cards into and they put it on the counter. :/
      Answers: $1
      Correct Answers: $2
      Answers that require thought: $5
      Dumb looks are still free.

Comment

Quoth Kisa
        I also hate when I have my open, outstretched hand for the customer to put bills/change/cards into and they put it on the counter. :/
        QFT. I hate this with a passion. It's not like it's that hard.
        Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
        Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

Quoth Kisa View Post
          Simple solution. Put their change -- and bags of food -- on the counter, even if they have their hands extended towards you
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth Kisa View Post
            Me: Would you like a bag for that?
            SW:
            Me: For the trash you just dumped out the window.
            SW: Oh THAT.
            Me: .....Are you going to pick it up?
            SW: Nope... I don't like my car being dirty.
            "Well, that's funny, we don't like our drive-through being dirty. Fancy that. Now pick up your garbage and put it in a trash can, you filthy litterbug!"

I hate litterbugs and their arrogant nonchalance about trashing their surroundings. Seriously, is it such a Herculean effort to move a few extra feet to a garbage can?!
            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
            My LiveJournal
            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

ohhhh the cash on the counter/throwing it at the cashier isnt just me!? yay and sorry you all have to deal with it too! and i have started putting it on the counter. you should see the faces

Comment

Our state is not a dumping ground for people's trash. I was at the Zoo today and the ponds were chock full of water bottles, pop bottles, papers, etc. Can't people walk the 10 steps or whatever to put the trash in the trash can. I realize that the zoo has employees to pick that stuff up, but why should they when they have better things they could be doing. The same goes for the assholes that think the state is their personal ashtray.

And in most fast food places, there is absolutely no excuse as there is usually a trash can on the way out and it takes about as much effort to put it in there as it does to just dump it out the window.

Comment

On the friend of the sucky co-worker, seriously refuse service next time if he touches you. Sexual harassment from customers shouldn't be tolerated.

Comment

Quoth Hanzoku View Post
                    Sexual harassment from customers ANYONE shouldn't be tolerated.
                    Seconded. Totally inappropriate, even as a quote-unquote "joke"
                    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                      Simple solution. Put their change -- and bags of food -- on the counter, even if they have their hands extended towards you
                      Been there and done that tactic before. It works and won't get you in trouble.

Or at least I never did when I did that.
                      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth Hanzoku View Post
                        On the friend of the sucky co-worker, seriously refuse service next time if he touches you. Sexual harassment from customers shouldn't be tolerated.
                        QFT.

You could always take a page from Darlene on "Roseanne" and tell the guy, "Any part of you that touches me, you're not getting back."
                        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Working...
                        X