This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crazy Day!

In case anyone's forgotten, I work at Bustice (y'all might actually be more familiar with it as "Restricted Also"). We give out cards every so often that save our customers money. Of course, because we sell girls' clothes, we're starting to get busy for the back-to-school season. Today was... crazy.

(If it seems like I've taken something minor too seriously, I apologize. I had a panic attack at work today and that made things about 10x worse)

.... Ooookay then

So we're giving out B-bucks and Fun Cards right now. Basically, when a person spends $50 before tax, they get two cards worth $25 towards a $50 purchase at later dates (basically, spend $50 now, get $50 for later). I understand not wanting to spend the extra money to earn them, I really do. But this lady did the opposite.

Some of y'all may have seen my previous thread about my company's policy on asking for phone number/email address/birthday of the girl receiving the merch. I don't care whether a person gives me their info or not, that's their own prerogative. But seriously, lady. Just say "no" and drop it. Don't keep going on about it. (Oh, and coworker? I love you, but don't keep discussing it with her. It makes me want to throw Barney the Demon Unicorn BeanieBoo at you).

Anyways, we go through the transaction normally. I'm just trying to get her away from me so I can breathe for a second before returning to my other tasks. Her total comes to $60something, so she's earned a Bbuck and Fun Card. So I tell her that she's earned them, and ask if she's familiar with them, and she says "Oh, no thank you. I'm not interested."

Um. You're not interested in what amounts to 50% savings? Too bad, I'm giving them to you anyways because you've earned them. I don't care if you use them. Just take them.

Computer Crap
    There was a company-wide computer problem today where the registers either wouldn't take anything but cash or would make us call a 1-800 number to get authorization for checks/cards/etc. Luckily, we weren't completely slammed, but it's not exactly convenient.

I had a lady come through my line who couldn't decide whether or not she was gonna add a miniature sock monkey to her purchase (the little girl really wanted it, but they weren't sure they had enough money for it.) Finally, she decides what she's gonna do and then goes to pay with her card. I try her card at my normal pace. No dice. Second time, more slowly, same result. Third time's the charm, right? I slide it faster than normal to see what happens. Nothing. So she decides to give me cash. A ten, a shit-ton of 5s, and quarters. This became a hassle when she kept trying to decide whether she wanted to add the monkey (ergo trying to decide how many 5s to give me). It started to get confusing when I had to repeatedly count how much money was in my hand.

This lady wasn't so bad, I guess, but her indecisiveness was starting to grate on me.

Listen, lady...

I know it's not convenient to wait for us to call to have your check verified. I know you're confused about why a little $20 check needs to be verified. Believe me when I say it's us, not you. Complaining to me and my manager about the fact that you're actually in a big hurry isn't gonna make it go any faster. You can leave, if you want, and take your check with you. Or you can wait while I get the verification code, type it in, and send you on your way.

As a side note to you, ma'am: If my manager thinks you're crazy, then you probably are.

Let me just pull it out of my ass, hm?

I had a little girl, her mother, and I'm assuming her grandmother come into the store to look at BTS supplies. They're doing some charity thing where they donate a school year's worth of school supplies to a child. They know the child's name. Grandma wants to know if we have the tye-dye backpack (absolutely not the messenger bag) with the letter E on it. We carry the E, yes, but there are no Es on the shelf in either style of bag. There are none in the back. I went and checked. I could call another store if you'd like. No? Fine. You'd like me to check again? Ma'am, the UPS guy hasn't been here yet. It won't have changed. Additionally, Manager and Coworker are both at the registers tied up with other very important tasks. I can't leave the front of the store until one of them is free. You will have to wait 30 seconds for Manager to get off the phone.

So yeah. That was my day.

Quoth retailsweetie View Post
    (If it seems like I've taken something minor too seriously, I apologize. I had a panic attack at work today and that made things about 10x worse)
    The main function of this site is for people to be able to vent after customer interaction. Go for it

What's big to someone isn't always a major deal to someone who was there. All the stress all adds up - release it here.

As a side note, I'd have been thinking rude things about those people you had to deal with. I'd have been thinking them loudly.

Rapscallion

Comment

Wait..so basically the second $50 purchase is free? And people are complaining about it?? That is .. special. Have some cookies, and there is a fort for everybody if the SC's get to you. I think it has just about everything possible (and somethings not possible).
      Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Working...
      X