This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
    They'd get so crestfallen and sad and then mope a bit before putting us on their personal "don't bother" list.
    I WISHED these places would take the office off of their lists. We'd tell them "look, we're never gonna buy from you, it's a waste of money and time to keep calling us, STOP CALLING" but it never did any good
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth underemployeed View Post
      I miss my old co-op, one of the guys often got calls that he didn't want, I was under instructions to "have fun" (and make them stop calling). One was for a free magazine I told them, "Sir, while it is nice that it is free, so is getting herpes..... He has no interest in getting herpes that has been around longer than your magazine"

Or I would just tell them cw has been fired for incompetence, actually once I got the boss of whoever called the first time calling in to look for CW and I assured them cw was fired for incompetence and well I was cw's equally incompetent replacement who wouldn't be around much longer.
      Hahahahahahahahahahaha. Thank you I needed that.
      "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Working...
      X