This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth BrenDAnn View Post
    Diet Pepsi person: Are you sure your Pepsi and Diet Pepsi boxes didn't get switched by accident? We've had that happen, unbeknownst to use, before. Not taking the SC's side, just asking. Crunchy/Soft? Okay, go half one way and half the other I guess.
    I'm positive because the bubbles from the diet pepsi are brown. The bubbles from regular pepsi are white. And she never even tasted any of them. She just looked at it thru the white, opaque cup and decided it wasn't diet! Weird?
    Answers: $1
    Correct Answers: $2
    Answers that require thought: $5
    Dumb looks are still free.

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
      Mountain Dew is a Pepsi product, so is available at some locations. Dr Pepper is one of those odd ones in that it doesn't always do it's own bottling, so in areas where it doesn't, it contracts out to both Coke and Pepsi, so where it gets offered depends on who does the bottling for them in that region.

^-.-^
      So true. Also with retailers who sell Dr. Pepper it can vary depending on area.

Here in my city, it's delivered by Pepsi Cola, but if you go to the next county east of us, it's considered a Coca Cola product.

I noticed the difference when shopping a few years ago at a WM in Burlington and inspected the shelf tags. I later asked one of the vendor reps about it and he confirmed it's dependent on the area.
      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth Kisa View Post
        OB: Oh. You seem new. Experianced people usually seem smarter.
        Well that old lady showed that some experienced age people aren't smarter at all!

Comment

Huh. I just now questioned, and figured out why, I call soft drinks soda.
          My mom and dad grew up in areas that were both soda, bordering coke/pop regions respectively, and I grew up in a county where it's mostly pop... but in a 'tiny' spot of culture that was mostly military/from other areas. We also didn't have soda a lot... but I picked up soda as most natural to say for carbonated beverage. Huh.
          My granny says coke, my other set of grandparents said pop when they were alive even though they lived in a soda area/bordered pop... but then again this is internet survey (that's been going for a long-ass time...)
          "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
          "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Quoth mikoyan29 View Post
            maybe it's me, but none of the sauces that Taco Place puts on their foods is spicy. I usually have to add the hot sauce. when people ask for Coke, the proper response is...No Coke..Pepsi (and a cheeseburger).
            cheeburger! cheeburger! cheeburger!
            "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Writing to you from "hardcore coke" country here, as well...Where "Pepsi" is a valid response to the question "What kind of coke would you like today?"
              It's spicy regardless of how hot the spicy is. I don't do hot sauce at all. If it's wet and spicy and it's more flavor than heat I'm good. But if it's more heat than flavor (the majority of sauces I've run across are all about the heat and who cares about flavor, which I've never understood), then I don't want anything to do with it.
              Hear, hear! I grew up in New Orleans, where waaaay too many people just like it "hot"...I want *flavor* in my food, not *heat*.

Quoth Crossbow View Post
              Interesting. The Taco Bells near me have Pepsi products, as well as Dr. Pepper and 3 flavors of Mountain Dew (Regular, Code Red and Baja Blast).
              so where it gets offered depends on who does the bottling for them in that region.
              AB beat me to it. DP is made by the DrPepper/7UP company, iirc, and bottled by themselves, by Coke, or by Pepsi (sometimes two of these in one region), depending on area. Here, mainly by Coke, which has the odd side effect of making it impossible to find MrPiBB -- which is MADE by Coke, and a is a direct competitor to DP -- in any form aside from fountain drink machines; even then, if DP is present, MP is not. Subway is one of the few places to get MP at all in the NOLA region.
              "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
              "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
              "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
              "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
              "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
              "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
              Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
              "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
                cheeburger! cheeburger! cheeburger!
                Just reminded me of the time my Mom volunteered me to help out at the concession stand at one of my sister's field hockey games. The stand had a couple of Foreman grills set up and while someone else manned the grill and Mom manned the register and handed out frozen treats, I was running around getting the candy, or transporting finished burgers to the customers. When someone would order a cheeseburger, I'd call back to Grill-man, "Cheeburger!" And he'd respond with a "Cheeburger!" and slap one on the grill.
                PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Kisa View Post
                  I'm positive because the bubbles from the diet pepsi are brown. The bubbles from regular pepsi are white.
                  I so have to test that out now! I actually don't like Diet Pepsi.
                  I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                    The fact that this has happened enough times for you to say it happens "on occasion" really, REALLY worries me. I mean, something like this should be a one-off story. Good lord!
                    You can file this behavior typical as "hear what I want to hear". Maybe with a touch of "I don't really need to listen to the serving peon".

Comment

Damn. Now I want some chocolate milk.

Comment

As it is my last month at my store (forever! yay!) I have decided that I am going to go all SC (sucky cashier) on the sucky customers. If I get a lady stating that I am trying to kill her daughter because we put something on the sandwich that the daughter doesn't like I am going to get all wide-eyed and be all "YOU didn't tell us not to put that on the sandwich! But your daughter doesn't LIKE it?!! Are you trying to KILL HER?!!?! OMG I think you tried to poisen your daughter and then frame us! I will testify against you in court! I'm calling CPS! ELEVENTY!"

I'm just kidding. I won't really. But I am putting inapporiate signs around the workplace on my last day and then pop in randomly to see how long it takes them to find them all.

Comment

Quoth notlovinit
                          As it is my last month at my store (forever! yay!) I have decided that I am going to go all SC (sucky cashier) on the sucky customers. If I get a lady stating that I am trying to kill her daughter because we put something on the sandwich that the daughter doesn't like I am going to get all wide-eyed and be all "YOU didn't tell us not to put that on the sandwich! But your daughter doesn't LIKE it?!! Are you trying to KILL HER?!!?! OMG I think you tried to poisen your daughter and then frame us! I will testify against you in court! I'm calling CPS! ELEVENTY!"

I'm just kidding. I won't really. But I am putting inapporiate signs around the workplace on my last day and then pop in randomly to see how long it takes them to find them all.
                          Yay for inappropriate signs that people don't find for a while. :P
                          Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
                          Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

Quoth RetailWorkhorse View Post
                            In the Northern states it's called Pop.
                            Yes and no.

If by "Northern states" you mean the Midwestern ones, yes. But in the Northeast, they definitely do NOT call it pop.

Years ago, in one of my first restaurant jobs in Arizona, a lot of my customers called it pop, a lot called it soda. My (New Jersey native) mother once heard me refer to it as "pop," and went a bit off on me. "It's SODA, it's not POP!" As I told her, "Mom, I'll call it whatever the hell my customers call it....I really don't care." (The family spent a few years in the Midwest--my first four years of life--and Mom hated the whole "pop" thing."

I still don't get why it's so hard for some people to just look at the sign and pick from the options listed and not from the massive list in their heads.
                            Oh, I know this one.

Because they're idiots.
                            Because they don't read.
                            And because they're idiots.

Ask me something tougher next time!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                            Still A Customer."

Comment

I call it soda pop. I'm a bit unusual.
                              "And so all the night-tide, I lie down by the side of my darling, my darling, my life and my bride!"
                              "Hallo elskan min/Trui ekki hvad timinn lidur"
                              Amayis is my wifey

Comment

A lot of people call it soda pop. It's not that unusual.

Since I almost never drink the stuff anymore, I just refer to my drink by its brand name: Gatorade!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                                Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
                                X