This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm sorr .. Wait .. What??????????

Even though it's only July, like most retailers, my store is having "Back to School" sales, with some really good prices on certain items.

A "lady" came up to my register yesterday with a LOT of school items, said that she was buying them for her church who fills backpacks for needy kids. A noble cause, I agree!

As I'm merrily ringing up her order, she takes one of the 10 or 20 (I forget how many) packs of pencils (10 #2 pencils for $0.59) and opens it, pulls out one of the pencils and ... not only gives me the catbuttface, but yells THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Me: I'm sorry? What is?
    SC: These pencils aren't sharpened!!!! ELEVENTY!!!!!!!!!!!! The picture on the box shows them sharpened! They HAVE to be sharpened!!!!!!!!!!!!! ELEVENTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT is FALSE ADVERTISING !!!!!!!!!! HOW are the poor kids going to use these pencils??????????????

(Ummm I dunno, they use the sharpener at the school? Just a thought)

SC: You can't advertise these pencils this way if they're not sharpened! That's FALSE ADVERTISING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't want them and I'm never coming here again!!!!!!
    ::::::::: Storms out of the store, leaving her entire order of stuff for the "poor" kids.

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't the "poor" kids just be grateful they GOT pencils, sharpened or not? And if it was me buying pencils at a great price, I think I'd be happy just to get them at that price. But perhaps I'm misguided

What was she thinking....you know what, I'm good. I have no clue how anybody would not know how pencils function. I got nothing.
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Gah, er, uh...!

*brain go splody*

Now I know what GK means about brain cells dying. Seriously, this just gave me a headache.

SC
      "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Comment

I don't recall pencils ever being sharpened beforehand. Maybe she could've bought a pencil sharpener or sprung for some mechanical ones? I haven't used a pencil in years... lol

Comment

***** Overhead page *******
          IRV Please come to the service desk one of your customers has escaped. IRV ONE OF YOUR CUSTOMERS HAD ESCAPED thank you

****CLICK****
          I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
          -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

pencils are nearly never sold sharpened, mainly because the ends snap off, 95% of all coloured pencils are sold in their raw state.

Comment

Sounds like to me that she needs her "pencil" sharpened. "Pencil" in this case being her puny brain...lol.

Comment

Quoth energyguy View Post
                pencils are nearly never sold sharpened, mainly because the ends snap off, 95% of all coloured pencils are sold in their raw state.
                Plus everyone and their fracking mother would be demanding a discount on the pencils because 'Look - they're damaged! The tips are broken off! That should be 75% off the price since they're a damaged product, right? RIGHT!?!?!'

Jezum crow, unless times have changed, I'd imagine there would be a pencil sharpener in the classroom. Sounds like she remembered something else to buy that was far more important (for herself) and wanted a reason to back out while still sounding like such a "Charitable Soul"
                Okay everyone, lets all point and laugh at him right about....

Now.

Comment

Hell, I carried around a handy dandy pencil sharpener, lady!

Teeth! Want me to bite you?
                  I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                  Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                  Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                    Hell, I carried around a handy dandy pencil sharpener, lady!
                    So did I and those aren't expensive to get either! Man that lady was DUMB!
                    I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                    Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                    Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth Anakah View Post
                      I don't recall pencils ever being sharpened beforehand. Maybe she could've bought a pencil sharpener or sprung for some mechanical ones? I haven't used a pencil in years... lol
                      Me either. Every pack of pencils my Mom bought over the years my brother and I were in school always came unsharpened.

Which was also the purpose of buying a *gasp* pencil sharpener. Imagine such a concept.

Where the Hell has that lady been hiding?
                      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth Teefies2 View Post
                        Me: I'm sorry? What is?
                        SC: HOW are the poor kids going to use these pencils??????????????
                        They use a pocket knife like everyone else. Dur. (We really need a nice toothy cross-eyed "dur" smilie)
                        Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

why not use a mechanical pencil??? :\

Comment

Quoth RetailWorkhorse View Post
                            They use a pocket knife like everyone else.
                            Bad idea. These days, that's flirting with expulsion Pencil sharpeners are cheap, why not add one of those to the purchase?
                            I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                            -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
                              Bad idea. These days, that's flirting with expulsion Pencil sharpeners are cheap, why not add one of those to the purchase?
                              At their age most likely, supposing they are young - however, as I was singled out as the "artsy one" from middle school on I never got in trouble for carrying an X-Acto with me everywhere to sharpen

Comment

Working...
                              X