This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Furniture Follies

Got a few goodies from when I started and finished my training for my job with the furniture company.

No Parts For You!

I was training with my co-worker S who had me do the typing while she did the talking. This SC calls in to order parts for her desk. S asked her for the model number for the desk and the SC said she didn't have the model number nor knew the particular brand of desk she had. S explained to her that without that information she can't place the order for the SC's parts. The SC screamed at her how she's supposed to be a professional and KNOW what model desk she has and what she (the SC) wants. S was able to get a little information out of her but the SC rattled everything off so fast that not even I could understand it and when S asked the SC to repeat the info, the SC screamed at her again that S was supposed to know everything and that she's supposed to be a professional. SC spouted off how ridiculous the ordeal was and demanded a manager but our supervisor was out of the office so S had to take a message. SC got upset and said she'd callback and hung up. SC never did callback but we both gave our supervisor a heads up just incase.

My Way Or The Highway!

This SC called in and said that when she tried to move her L shaped desk from one side of the room to another, the back panels and the rod that holds them cracked. I told her that I can replace the parts and she said no because she felt that she would have to go through a vicious cycle of disassembling, re-assembling and the parts failing again and re-ordering replacement parts and demanded that I replace the whole desk for her. I explained to her that I can't replace the whole unit (we're not allowed to). She demanded a manager but after my explanation, she huffed and said she'll go with getting the parts for the desk (she was still under warranty) and once I was done placing the order and told her it was gonna take 4-6 business days, she demanded a manager because she wanted her way or the highway. Since my supervisor was on the other line with another customer, I sent him an email with my side of the story and the SC's info to call her back. I got a reply back from my supervisor that she didn't like him either but he got her taken care of (My supervisor is teh awesome!)

Patience Is A Virtue...

My co-worker M got this SC that placed a parts order. M had to drop the bomb on the SC that one of the parts he ordered was on back order and that nothing can be done about it except wait for the part to get off back order and have his entire order ship (it was gonna take 7-10 business days). The SC kept hounding M about getting him the part out of back order and M had to explain to him (literally 6 times) that nothing can be done and that he still had to wait. The SC demanded that M must go "to the back" and get it for him. M told him that the parts ship out from our plant which is in another state. The SC demanded to speak with a manager but our manager was off for the day so M had to take a message. No word on the outcome for this SC but knowing our supervisor, this SC didn't get jack.
    I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
    Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
    Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Wait - 'get the part out of back order?'

Clearly this individual does not grasp the concept of 'back order.' Ah, but that's probably because his brain is also on back order.

Comment

Quoth xaenon View Post
      Wait - 'get the part out of back order?'
      Isn't that part of the back room of holding?

The 'order' is simply how it is organized...
      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Yeah, sounds like this dork did not know what back order meant....or his brain scrambled the words and all he heard was "it's in the back".
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Ahhh, someone who understands my world of woe I realize some of our customers do have very legitimate gripes about the furniture they order with us, from backorder dates to damaged or defective items. But some are reasonable about it while others just go completely batshit. Yeah, of course it's a drag if you order a bed, it arrives damaged (or the delivery agent calls to advise you it's damaged so they won't be delivering it) and you call us and find out you can't get a replacement till October because it's backordered now. No, we CAN'T make it come any faster. I really wish we could; I think High End Home Store is too lenient with their vendors and the backorder dates which are typically ridiculous. But there's nothing we can do about it either, except to try to offer compensation for their trouble.
          "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Working...
          X