This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting a War Over.......$.50

I'm off work today, thank GOD! It's 105F with a heat index of 115F which means:
    1) Everyone will want to get Taco Bell instead of cooking
    2) The kitchen at TB will be hotter than hell
    3) All the employees will be irritable and cranky
    4) No one will want to come into work

Short Handed+Busy=Taco Bell-> Taco HELL

I'm glad I'm off Anyway, with me being stuck inside and all, here's some stories I haven't posted yet.

SC With Half a Brian

A woman walked into Taco Bell with her 6 or so year old daughter. The woman was heavily obese and required the use of those arm crutches to walk. Even then, she was huffing and wheezing after such a short walk. I do not hate anyone because of their weight, color, race, gender, etc, so I was just as nice to her as I would be to any other customer. She, on the other hand, was a bitch to me. She had a gigantic order that came to (I think) $50 for 37-ish items. It was enormous. When I read back the order and told her the total, she snapped, "Don't you DARE ask if this is all for me"!!! I was a tad shocked at her comment because I would not, nor have I ever, made a comment like that. Actually, most of the heavier people that come to my work order 5 or so things, so I never even considered that one woman could eat 37-ish items. I imagined maybe 6 or so were for her and, even then, I wouldn't have said anything.

Anyway, the cooks bring up her order which was in 3 large sized bags. She skims through the bags and then yells for me to get over there. I do, asking what she needed.

Me: Did you need something?
    SC: Yes! I want sour cream!
    Me: You want sides of sour cream?
    SC: Yes!
    Me: How many did you want?
    SC: ......*thumbs through her bags*.....12 should be good. Give me 12.
    Me: Ok.

I walk over to my register and start to ring her up for the 12 sides of sour cream because, well, it's not free (duh). She has a cow.

SC: And WHAT do you think you're doing?!!!
    Me: I'm ringing up the sour cream.
    SC: I have to PAAAYYY for it??!!!!!
    Me: Yes. I'm sorry, I thought you knew that.
    SC: How much?
    Me: It's 30 cents per side.
    SC: Whhaaatttttt???!!!! That's rediculooouuusssss!!!!!
    Me: I'm sorry, but that's the price.
    SC: Give them to meeeeeeee!!! Nnooowwwwwwww!!!!!!
    Me: Absolutly not. If I gave away that much sour cream, I would get in trouble.
    SC: So if I was a skinny twig person I could get free food, but a fat cow like me has to pay??!!! That's discrimination!
    Me: Mam, I never said that. I'm saying I can't give away sour cream just because you don't want to pay.
    SC: *cue catbuttface* C'mon (kid's name that sounded like Sugar) let's just buy our OWN sour cream so the evil woman can't rip us off!

Cue her...umm....limping away.....angrily.....
    So, she pulled the dicrimination card, threw a huge fit, caused a scene, and verbally attacked me over...($.30 x 12 =) $3.60. Was it REALLY worth all that?

I Demand a Refund!

One evening, a car full of teenage kids came thru and ordered a couple of $.99 things and an order of breadsticks. They paid, but then:

Kid: Do you guys carry ranch?
    Me: Yes we do. (we were the only Taco Bell in the area that still carried ranch for the chicken ranch salad)
    Kid: Can I have some?
    Me: If you pay for it, sure.
    Kid: How much?
    Me: $.29.
    Kid: Ok. *digs through his car; frinds pitch in to help* Do you take CJ Barrymore tokens? huhuhuhuh!
    Me: No. Only American money.
    Kid: But you can go to CJ Barrymore and useee it!
    Me: I don't go to CJ Barrymore ever and Taco Bell wouldn't like getting paid in amusement park tokens. Money only.
    Kid: Okaayyyyyyy. *hands me a quarter and a nickle*
    Me: Thank you. *gives him a penny and a packet of ranch* Have a nice day.
    Kid: Wait! This isn't ranch!
    Me: ?
    Kid: This is ZESTY ranch!
    Me: Zesty ranch is still ranch. Ranch is in the name even.
    Kid: I don't want zesty ranch! I want breadstick ranch!
    Me: What in God's name is breadstick ranch?
    Kid: It's ranch for breadsticks! ALLL the stores have it!
    Me: Really? Because I've never thought to dip parmasan coated bread in ranch dressing.
    Kid: I want a refund!
    Me: You want a refund....for $.29.
    Kid: Yes!
    Me: It's $.29.
    Kid: It's MY $.29 and I want it back!
    Me: Hey M! I need you to do a refund for $.29 because we don't have REAL ranch!
    M: Look kid. It's ranch. It tastes like ranch because it IS ranch. I will not refund $.29. If you want $.29, feel free to scour the parking lot. I guarantee you will find more than $.29. Have a nice day.

You mean I have to PAY?

Each salad once came with its own type of dressing. Salsa for the beef salad, ranch for the chicken, and chipolte dressing for the steak. We were the last Taco Bell in the area to get rid of the ranch and chipolte. It got discontinued due to lack of sales. When we had the dressings still, a lady ordered a beef fiesta salad. After she paid and get her salad:

SC: I want low fat italian dressing.
    Me: ......We don't carry low fat italian.
    SC: What?!! You sell salads! That is unacceptable!!!
    Me: Each salad comes with it's own dressing (insert above explination)
    SC: Give me ranch.
    Me: Did you want ranch instead of the salsa?
    SC: I want ranch.
    Me: Ok, you can either give me back the salsa and I will give you ranch instead, or I can ring you up for the ranch so you can have both.
    SC: I'm keeping the salsa!
    Me: Ok, so you want to pay for the ranch?
    SC: I have to PAAYYYYY!!!!
    Me: Yes, but don't worry! It's only $.29
    SC: *launches into a full scale rant on how she shouldn't have to pay, f-bomb this and that, Wendy's doesn't charge for dressing, we should be more like Wendy's, blah blah blah*
    Me: So....did you want the ranch?
    SC: Well OOOOBVIOOOUUSLLLYYYYYY!!!!!111!!! I CAN'T eat my salad without iiittttttt!!!!!111!!!!

She pays, gets her ranch, and speeds off after calling me a...wait for it...."f*cking dressing bitch Nazi". That has stuck with me I'm a dressing bitch Nazi!!! DON'T LOOK AT ME!!!
    Answers: $1
    Correct Answers: $2
    Answers that require thought: $5
    Dumb looks are still free.

Actually, I work for a pizza place where we DO include ranch with our breadsticks. It's yummy and people like it.
    You're focusing on the problem. If you focus on the problem, you can't see the solution. Never focus on the problem! --From Patch Adams

Comment

I like ranch on salad, with carrots and with chicken. My sister is one of those people that eats ranch with EVERYTHING! I assumed that kid was like my sister I actually tried Little Ceasers ranch dip ans I almost barfed it was so gross. I'm not a ranch and breadstick person I guess
      Answers: $1
      Correct Answers: $2
      Answers that require thought: $5
      Dumb looks are still free.

Comment

Dammmmm, and i thought working at Lowes was bad!

Comment

Quoth Kisa View Post
          I'm a dressing bitch Nazi!!! DON'T LOOK AT ME!!!
          NO RANCH FOR YOU! COME BACK ONE YEAR!
          To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
            BOUGHT FARM! NO RANCH FOR YOU! COME BACK ONE YEAR!
            Quiddly dote.
            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Wow...I'm that tiny girl that is sent in to get food for all the guys because it gives them a chance to talk about guy stuff. There was ONE time I ordered...like three pizzas and two things of breadsticks, extra sauce, and the clerk looked me up and down and asked if it was all for me. I kind of pulled a face and then was like..."No I have friends in the car waiting." It was kind of surprising at the least.
              Oh wook at teh widdle babeh dwaggin! How cyuuute babeh dwag-AAAAAAAUUUGGGHHHH! *nom*
              http://jennovazombie.deviantart.com

Comment

Most sour cream my store sells is about $4, so that woman was better off with yours I bet!

And ranch dressing with breadsticks just sounds gross to me. Give me marinara sauce for dipping them anyday!

Comment

When I worked at the Supermarket, I remember a guy who spent close to a half hour arguing over a 21 cent onion...

Comment

I don't know, I sort of felt like starting a war today. At the wedding rehearsal my gf got two of the SAME drink. One was 8.00 the other was 8.45. The menu said $8.... sure its .45 cents but that is also over 20% and while it is such "a small amount". I make $8 an hour, Only because the couple used to work there did I not ask WTF and pay it. Plus our meals were getting paid for by one set of the parents. Still, it comes down to principle. For fast food I get nickel and diming for all the extras it keeps you from excessive food costs and entitlement.
                    I'm sorry reading is not a new concept it has been widely taught in our nation for at least the past 100 years. Please, learn to do it CORRECTLY before you become contagious.

Comment

Quoth Kisa View Post
                      Taco HELL
                      *GASP* Oh noes, you've used your real company name ...Which, of course, none of us had guessed from your prior posts about them. At ALL.
                      Quoth zombiequeen View Post
                      "No I have friends in the car waiting." It was kind of surprising at the least.
                      Easy way around that -- Make a list of what to get on a postit or small piece of paper and make sure that they see you reading from it when you order ^_^
                      Last edited by EricKei; 07-24-2011, 03:21 PM.
                      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth zombiequeen View Post
                        Wow...I'm that tiny girl that is sent in to get food for all the guys because it gives them a chance to talk about guy stuff. There was ONE time I ordered...like three pizzas and two things of breadsticks, extra sauce, and the clerk looked me up and down and asked if it was all for me. I kind of pulled a face and then was like..."No I have friends in the car waiting." It was kind of surprising at the least.
                        RW: Yup. All me. Totally not for the pack o' guys currently on two couches playing Mario Party. Really. Do you sell energy drinks? Because I haven't slept for days and neither have these guys and it's a contest as to who falls asleep first to be tortured. Really.
                        Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

I put ranch on just about everything, breadsticks included. But then I'm from Arizona and that seems to be a west coast/southwest thing. I went to Washington, D.C. when I was in the 8th grade and ordered a salad with ranch dressing. The guy behind the counter had never heard of it before.
                          "Redheads have at least a 95% chance of being gorgeous. They're also concentrated evil." - Irv

"This is all strange, uncharted territory and your hamster only has three legs." - Gravekeeper

Comment

You were surprised the woman argued that much over sour cream? C'mon now, you've been working at Taco Hell how long now? Seriously, never underestimate the power of discounts or free. People will attack you for a penny if they have to. Yet strangely, few people will pick up pennies from the ground.
                            A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

I guess when she found out she would have to pay for the extra sides, her attitude....soured.
                              By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Working...
                              X