This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What in the world?

So, I only have 2 rooms left tonight. This gentleman and older lady come in. They would like a room, so I offer them the Non-Smoking one @ 129.99. He starts counting out the cash, and I inform him I need photo ID to check him in, and especially for cash, because I need to photocopy it. He doesn't have it.

His friend does, but she doesn't want to give it up. She goes on and on about how good her credit is, and wondering how secure it is. She finally relents, and I enter her information into the system. The guy insists on paying for the room, and I accept his cash, and copy her ID.

Then I ask her to initial and sign the reg card. Our reg card has three places to initial (for the rate, for smoking in a NS room fee, and having a nondeclared pet fee) and the signature line. She is the one who presented ID, so she has to sign for it. She refuses. She goes into this whole diatribe about how this isn't a free country anymore and she has filled out bank loan forms with less (really?), and mocks tearing the reg card. I finally say I can't sell you the room without this signed.

Her: Just sell us the room, BroSC!

Her male friend is a lot more calm, and convinces her to sign it. I give her the keys (she signed for it).

She also insists that the room be inspected in the morning before they leave and they have a signed certification that the room is satisfactory. I tell them to talk to my manager in the morning about that. "Meg", I'm sure will get a real kick out of it.

SC
    "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Hmmm...sounds like maybe there was some shenanigans going on with those two and they didn't want to leave too much of a trail
    "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Working...
    X