This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High Maintenance Much?

Haven't posted here in a long time, but this lady I dealt with tonight suddenly reminded me this place existed.

I recently got a new job with a company I have been trying to get hired on with for the better part of 3 years now.

I work in the ownership division (aka timeshare) of a company that has thousands of hotels and resorts worldwide. The one with a famous family member named after a city in France.

Anyway, the telesales division calls people who are in a high status with us (gold or diamond) and offers them a discount package at one of our club resorts as long as they agree to take the two hour sales presentation. If said guest agrees, they are given 6 to 12 months to complete travel based on the resort they selected. The packages are sold open dated (meaning they don't have to confirm their dates at the time of sale).

My job is to follow up with people who purchased the packages, make sure they got their confirmation e-mail, get them to book their dates, answer any questions they may have. Pretty simple.

So I call this lady today who has purchased one of our New York packages.

Me: Hi, may I please speak with High Maintenance Bitch?/
    Sc: This is she.
    Me: Hi Ms Maintenance, this is MrSunshineState from famous hotel chain's timeshare division. Following up with you on the package you purchased to visit us in New York?
    Sc: Oh god, yeah, and I wish I hadn't bought that.

(she only purchased the package 3 days earlier)

Me: *looking at the account notes, no issues noted* I apologize, is there an issue with your package?
    Sc: No, it just took me OVER A DAY to get my confirmation e-mail because your DUMB SALES REP can't spell.
    Me: *pulling up demographics and see the e-mail address was successfully updated from misshighmaintenance@alo.com to misshighmaintenance@aol.com. * (Yes, it was a simple typo in the e-mail address. A careless mistake, yes, but not the end of the world.)
    Me: Sorry to hear we keyed it in incorrectly. Just to verify though, you do have the confirmation e-mail now, correct?
    Sc: Yes, but now I want to just forget the whole thing. You guys can't get a simple e-mail address correct.
    Me: Again, I apologize for the typo, but it was just that, a simple typo, that we do have corrected now. Are there any other issues you are having with this reservation?
    Sc: No. I just don't want to go now!
    Me: So you no longer wish to do business with us because of a typo?
    Sc: Yep! Not unless you want to compensate me with an extra night for free at the resort.
    Me: *thinking THERE WE GO, she wants an extra night for FREE that goes for $399/night* Well, I apologize, I can't give you an extra free night at the resort. You are already getting a discount of over 70% because we want you to take a tour and hopefully become an owner.
    Sc: Then I don't want to go. Why should I trust a company that can't get a simple e-mail address correct?
    Me: Not trying to sound sarcastic here Miss Maintenance, but it was just a simple typo. A careless mistake yes, but we have all done it. Haven't you ever made a typo?
    Sc: Nope. I don't make those mistakes! *click*

Me: *thinking* Oh well, her package is non refundable, non transferable, and if she is willing to just waste nearly $320 over a typo, more power to her. *

Hello, fellow central Floridian

Most of that post sounds so much like some of our customers. They go completely off their rockers over simple mistakes. Also, they get mad because they call the day after placing an order, wanting to make a change, but we've already shipped it out. Gee, most people LIKE to get their stuff fast! (Now, I could go into a rant about how our retail store employees don't seem to be able to get a shipped order right to save their lives, but...)

The only difference we have is that when people we deal with find out they're going to forfeit a deposit or shipping fee by canceling, they usually change their tune...that, or just start screaming so we often have to cancel AND give them their money back. The only time that doesn't make me livid is when the customer has been spending gazillions of dollars with us for a long time and asks us to do a one-time favor.
    "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Quoth MrSunshineState View Post
      Nope, she makes the kind of mistakes where someone pisses away over $300 because she wants to turn an honest mistake into a hell worthy trespass unless you give in to their demands.

Totally different animal altogether.
      I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

Sure she's never made a typo... sure...

Comment

maybe not, but your parents did.
          look! it's ghengis khan!
          Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Working...
          X