This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thief? Where's my thief?! THIEF!

Cookies to the person who guesses the correct show.

Haven't had any stories about World-Chained Merchandising Business until today. Was closing with T tonight and we had two groups of people come in with sticky fingers.

Group 1:

Two teenage girls came in and were looking at our bracelets and earrings for quite some time so I went over to see if they needed help in deciding (I'm great at helping people who can't figure out which pairs they want). They never actually replied other than shaking their head but they looked spooked so I kept an eye on them. Didn't do much good. When me and T were cleaning we found the price tags for 4-5 of our bracelets and the back of a pair of earrings (later found the earrings in another section of the store. evidently they didn't like them enough to take ).

Group 2:

This was a trio of stoners who were looking at our hookahs. The one guy says straight up that he's going to use them for weed. T and me ignore it the first time and make an emphasis to say herbs and tobacco (no herb isn't slang. we sell non-tobacco herbs dipped in molasses. it's suppose to be healthier to smoke). Finally, we have to tell him if he keeps talking about illegal substances we'd have to ask him and his friends to leave.

All goes well and they leave. As I'm going around straightening things I noticed one of the crappy plastic mini hookahs is missing. Me and T both remember it being there when we finished talking to the guy and his friends but we had then left to go help other customers. We think the chick that was with them swiped it during that time because T remembers the two guys leaving the store but couldn't remember if she left with them or not. It doesn't end there either.

While me and T were cleaning we noticed that one of the itty bitty Buddha's that comes in a set of 6 was missing and in its place was a shaker instrument that one of the guys had been playing with. Someone wasn't paying attention when Karma was explained.
    Honey and Thorns ~ Handmade Knit and Jewelry

they...stole...a...buddha!?!?!?!? royal karma payback

Comment

of all the things to steal. i mean really a Buddha?!? they're begging for a lightening bolt.
      There are only two rules of tactics: never be without a plan, and never rely on it.

Comment

...like a 9 year old trying to rebuild a motorbike in his bedroom. And you never read the instructions.

Best. Episode. Ever.
        (So far.)

Do I get a TARDIS cookie?
        NPCing: the ancient art of acting out your multiple personality disorder in a setting where someone else might think there's nothing wrong with you.

Comment

*hands wynjara a tardis cookie and a rory the centurion cookie*

I couldn't believe the Buddha was stolen either. T was so not amused.

Comment

Quoth redleg View Post
            of all the things to steal. i mean really a Buddha?!? they're begging for a lightening bolt.
            Or at the very least a large boulder.

And as stoned as they probably were, I doubt they could run as fast as Indiana.

Comment

Quoth NateTheChops View Post
              I doubt they could run as fast as Indiana.
              Indiana?! We named the dog Indiana...
              "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
              "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
              "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
              "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
              "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
              "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
              Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
              "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Wow, a mini-hookah, though small and portable, are still pretty large. Must have had a large bag or something. But a Buddha, really?! Hope they have fun living the next life as a roach or something equally disgusting.
                Most of the "tobacco" shops around here have the same rules, for obvious reasons. They even have signs hanging up, stating "Cuss Words" and they will get thrown out if they say it. If it's a slip up, the owners usually understand, but after the first time you're told, you really have no excuse. They have also gotten smarter over the years and keep everything either behind the counter or in the glass display cases, so that way, if someone wants to look at something, they have to ask an employee and the employee stands there until they decide whether or not they want it. If they do, the employee either takes it to the register or keeps it behind the counter if they're not done shopping. If they don't, right back into the case it goes. Still, there are some things that somehow go missing, but not as much as before.
                I wish our stores sold earrings and stuff. That would be awesome!
                Just because they serve you, doesn't mean they like you. And just because they smile and act polite doesn't mean they aren't planning to destroy you.

"I put the laughter in slaughter."

Comment

Our mini hookahs are actually pretty small. They're about 5 inches tall and 1 1/2 inches wide. No problem getting it into a purse.

Comment

Quoth RedRoseSpiral View Post
                    we sell non-tobacco herbs dipped in molasses.
                    *Looks left*

*Looks right*

*Looks behind him*

*Makes sure no one's looking*

*liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick*

!

*GAGHACKCOUGHCHOKEWHEEEEEEEEEZE*

*Thump*
                    Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Hey, I saw that! Bad horsey, you don't know who has touched those. *Deploys decoy bacon once more*
                      Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

'Lasses is s'posed ta make stuff taste good!

*Cuddles bacon-plushie*
                        Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Quoth Sunshine View Post
                          they...stole...a...buddha!?!?!?!? royal karma payback
                          i'm starting to think they weren't exactly sober in the first place...

Comment

-dies- They stole ... really wow...XD

Comment

Quoth wynjara View Post
                              Best. Episode. Ever.
                              (So far.)
                              Agreed 100%.

Of course, it was written by Neil Gaiman, after all. That fact alone meant the episode was going to be awesome regardless, but he just made it magical.
                              I was so happy when I found out that one of my favourite authors was writing an episode of Doctor Who. It was a dream come true!

Quoth RetailWorkhorse
                              'Lasses is s'posed ta make stuff taste good!
                              Silly RetailWorkhorse, molasses makes things taste bad, not good.

Now vinegar, on the other hand, will make pretty much anything taste good. There's nothing good that can't be made better by pickling it. Even chocolate tastes great pickled!

...What?
                              my favourite author is neil gaiman. - me
                              it is? I don't like potatoes much. - the chatbot I was talking to

Comment

Working...
                              X