This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fix the situation!

Just a small tidbit from today. Nothing major, but it annoyed me nonetheless.

I had just gotten to work when the phone rang.

Me: *phone greeting spiel*
    SC: Yeah, my wife went through the drive thru earlier, and she got the wrong drink, and I want to know what's going to be done about it.
    Me: Oh I'm sorry about that sir. If she would like to return to the store at any time today, we'll remake her drink at no charge.
    SC: She's not going to do that!
    Me: ...... *what the hell do you WANT me to say?!?!? Should I MAIL you a new latte???* Well....then I can write down her name and drink order here, and we'll give her a free drink the NEXT time she comes by then.
    SC: *cue thinking noises* Uhhhh welllll okay.

I know her drink was messed up, and I'm making zero excuses for it. But they both effed up in a few ways here:
    A) SHE should have called me, not had her husband call for her as though she were an incapable four year old who can't take care of her own problems.
    B) He should not have expected me to read his mind in order to figure out what his demands were, and what was acceptable and unacceptable in terms of "fixing the situation".
    C) Not be a dick about it.

Like I said, not a major SC, but worthy of being posted here, as he pissed me off.

/endrant
    Here's your sign...

I can understand why she would have him call as my gf always has me do the complaint calls, as she is timid and lets people walk all over her and she knows I don't take shit, and for some reason the more annoyed I am the better I am with words. Normally, it is as simple as call let them know there was a problem and they offer you a like replacement no big deal. But when things don't go smooth, it helps to have someone who can settle the situation.

but he still sounds like an SC, of course I bet most of them don't realize that being nice actually gets you much better results than you intend.
    I'm sorry reading is not a new concept it has been widely taught in our nation for at least the past 100 years. Please, learn to do it CORRECTLY before you become contagious.

Comment

The drive through

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=um30Lbu6-nc

Comment

Yep, he's an SC, and maybe his wife just mentioned the mistake in passing and was going to let it go but Mr. Big decided to avenge the injustice for her or something. She probably was in the background rolling her eyes at him.

I hate that "what are you going to do about it" line too. Just tell us what you want. Either we can tell you it's not going to happen, we can get approval from a supervisor, or we can do it if possible. If you want to TALK to the supervisor, say so right away...I know at my job I'm not allow to try to hand off a customer to a sup unless the customer specifically asks for one. Same with compensation...just telling us you think you deserve something extra isn't good enough, you need to say that specifically or when I go to my supervisor they are going to ask me, "Did the customer specifically ask for compensation?" Auuuggghhh.
        "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

I actually am a supervisor, and was the manager on duty at the time.

There was no sign of his wife this morning, so who knows how long my "coupon note" will sit there, waiting for her.

I have no problem fielding a customer a free drink if theirs was messed up--this stuff happens. As Joe Pesci says "they fuck you in the drive thru!" Just not always on purpose!
          Here's your sign...

Comment

Quoth EmilyRose1982 View Post
            I have no problem fielding a customer a free drink if theirs was messed up--this stuff happens. As Joe Pesci says "they fuck you in the drive thru!" Just not always on purpose!
            Sure, and many times that really IS great customer service. Hence why I am always nice to the drive thru people when I am getting my food.
            "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Geez, it's a drink, not a freakin' particle accelerator...I know it's disappointing when you get the wrong thing, but is really that bad? It would never even occur to me to call the store back if they gave me wrong drink.
              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

My question is didn't she try it before she left the drive through or parking lot ? then she would have known before she left and could have fixed it right then.

Comment

Working...
                X