This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If we don't have power.....

I got a lesson in why I prefer blackouts to brownouts. The way the power was rolling about 4pm the lights started to go out every 5-10min for 3-5 seconds. It was nice because we got to bag all the pumps as they kept going offline

For some reason SCs can't understand, even if we only lose power for 3 seconds that is long enough to take down the pumps and all of our POS computers (Point of sale is one way, but they truly earn the other option too). Now the registers take about 5 minutes to completely reload and be ready to cash out sales.... Cue starting a transaction and BAM power goes down again. At this point we have one reg on a UPS that is working. And begin cash only sales for the next few hours as the main computer didn't have a working UPS either and credit is ran through that.

Now, with a blackout I can easily GO no power, no pumps. But when people pull in and see we have power, they can't fathom why the pumps won't work..... Actually noticed one guy about to try and unbag the pump then the power went out.... oops. YEAH WE know there is a problem buddy. that is why all our pumps are bagged we got sick of telling people they had to wait for the computer to restart so we "might" be able to get them a receipt.
    I'm sorry reading is not a new concept it has been widely taught in our nation for at least the past 100 years. Please, learn to do it CORRECTLY before you become contagious.

And I forgot to mention that even with my coworker outside flagging people down to say CASH only our credit is down. And me making sure when I saw them walk in they knew. (oddly I could tell who does retail as they mentioned seeing the sign on the door), managed to get one person who gave me the BUT I WANT TO USE MY DEBITTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!! In sort of a "I realize two workers AND quite possibly a sign told me no credit but I'm special!!!!"
    I'm sorry reading is not a new concept it has been widely taught in our nation for at least the past 100 years. Please, learn to do it CORRECTLY before you become contagious.

Comment

Quoth underemployeed View Post
      In sort of a "I realize two workers AND quite possibly a sign told me no credit but I'm special!!!!"
      Ah, yes, the old "But you don't mean meeeeeeeeeeeeee" variety of cursetomer >_>
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

And I forgot to mention that even with my coworker outside flagging people down to say CASH only our credit is down. And me making sure when I saw them walk in they knew. (oddly I could tell who does retail as they mentioned seeing the sign on the door), managed to get one person who gave me the BUT I WANT TO USE MY DEBITTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!! In sort of a "I realize two workers AND quite possibly a sign told me no credit but I'm special!!!!"
        In their defense, they probably only heard "No credit" and thought "Herp I'm gonna use my debit derp". What I'm saying is that person is still an idiot.
        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

I went through a McD's drive thru one morning. There was a sign saying cash only on the drive thru menu board and the person taking the orders started off by saying there systems are down and they can only do cash sales.

When I got to the pay window I asked the girl, "So...how many brain dead people make it this far and try to hand you a credit or debit card?"

She rolled her eyes, laughed and said, "You wouldn’t' BELIEVE how many!"
          You'll find a slight squeeze on the hooter an excellent safety precaution, Miss Scrumptious.

Comment

My local Way of the Sub may be most excellent in every other respect, but they've had a LOT of issues with their eftpos system(s) in the year or so they've been open, and they NEVER put signs up or warn you before you get to the till.

Picture, if you will, a normal... well, ANY fast food place. No notes, no mention by staff the entire time you're in line and/or ordering... You get allllll the way down to the till, and they suddenly say "Cash only, our systems are down".

Not once, many times! Yet they'll have signs up moments after the toaster oven craps itself, or the slushie maker....

Luckily for them there's an ATM not too far away /grumbles.
            </end rant>
            Ne auderis delere orbem rigidum meum! - Don't you dare erase my hard disk!

This is Tech Support, not Customer Service.
            What's the difference?
            We're allowed to tell you "no".

Comment

Working...
            X