This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Amanita View Post
    I confess, I've sent messages to some ebay sellers asking if they would be willing to ship internationally, stating that I'm aware international shipping will cost more, and don't mind paying it.
    That I can fully respect and totally understand. As I mentioned earlier I did work out a deal to ship to someone in Canada. Difference is the buyer was very polite and understood while I was hesitant on shipping to Canada. The idiot pretty much bid at the last second then pouted to me until I (sadly) caved in.
    New England Patirots... FIVE TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPS!
    New England Revolution... Will win MLS Cup one day.

Comment

Quoth RetailWorkhorse View Post
      How about Cairo?

In Georgia.
      also Illinois
      I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
      -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
        Clearly he doesn't know that you need to take a sip first to break the surface tension
        Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx

Comment

What about Moscow.... in Pennsylvania?
          Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth siead_lietrathua View Post
            i fully admit to bidding on some USA only stuff. but i'll usually PM the seller before to make sure its ok (if time allows) and gladly pay the extra shipping needed.
            Yup, same here. If the seller doesn't reply before the deadline I'll just assume that s/he do NOT ship outside the USA (or any other country I might be shopping in, of course).
            FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC

You're not a unique snowflake unless you create your own mould (Raps)

***GK, Sarcastro, Lupo, LingualMonkey, BookBint, Jester, Irv, Hero & Marlowe fan***

Comment

I have had the opposite happen, when one person indicates will ship to "The Americas" I received a profanity laced reply when I asked for the price of shipping to Canada, I attempted to give him a bit of a geography lesson but I was unable to penetrate his density

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
                So why couldn't you get his negative feedback removed if your terms were clearly marked? It's been a while since I sold on ebay, so I'm curious...
                Because eBay can only remove Feedback for certain very specific reasons in order to maintain their neutral liability as to what people post. In this case, to get the information removed, you would have to get a court order and submit it.

^-.-^
                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
                  You wouldn't mind shipping to Paris, Dublin, or Moscow would you?

SpoilerThese are all cities in Idaho Spoiler
                  Quoth protege View Post
                  What about Moscow.... in Pennsylvania?
                  Actually, all 3 cities are in Pennsylvania, and 2 of the 3 (not Moscow) are in Paris. I'm sure he'd be willing to ship to Greece, Mexico, or Peru (all in New York).

"Namespace collision" is something that happened when I did a linehaul of an LTL load from Springfield MA to Montreal PQ. I took a quick look at the bill of lading, and returned to the dispatch window to ask if a certain shipment (going to Ontario) was supposed to be on the trailer. Cue the dispatcher placing an emergency call to the shunt driver to get the trailer into a door to offload the shipment. It seems that staff in Springfield were used to "Ontario, CA" referring to the province of Ontario in Canada (such shipments, on arrival in Montreal, would be put onto the truck heading to Toronto), while this shipment was for the city of Ontario in California.
                  Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
                  X