This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ...srsly?

So today my 3 year old injured herself so badly that I had to rush her to the ER. She'll be fine, but it was a fairly decent mouth injury....severed the frenulum under her lip, badly gashed her gum, etc etc. Bled like heck, so I showed up to the hospital looking like an extra from a Bruce Campbell movie. Going to be a fun couple of weeks while we wait on it to heal, and to see if the frenulum reattaches without stitches. (It should. They hope. I'm worried, but have no idea)

I get home after the hospital, and find this on my instant messenger:

Client: hello
    Client: hello?
    Client: ?????
    Client: hello?
    Client: are you there
    Client: hello??
    Client: ?????????????????????

All this within a five minute span while I was gone. I reply back, and tell him I was away, obviously.

Client: Yeah well you shouldnt be away
    Seraph: Sorry, had a family emergency. What can I help you with?
    Client: family emergency my ***
    Seraph: I had to rush one of my kids to the ER. It was an emergency. I assure you.
    Client: uh huh
    Client: well i am wondering about buying a template, btu I want a discount, i can only afford 50
    ((note: the item he wants is $85))
    Client: it was very inconventient having to wait for you
    Client: and if you really did have to take your kid to the hospital, i am sure you will have bills, and so you will be needing to pay them
    Client: so a discount should be in order
    Seraph: On the contrary. By your logic, if I have bills to pay, then a discount would be counterproductive. The prices are as stands, and please desist from your inconsiderate attitude. I'm really not in the mood.
    Client: i'll give you 60
    Client: you made me wait
    Seraph: You will pay the listed price, and will have to conduct any further business with me through email. Since you cannot seem to realize that "emergency visit to the hospital" takes precedence over my work, then that's that. If you have any further questions, you may email me at <email>. Good day.

<eyetwitch> The worst part is, this is like the third person this week who has tried a similar sort of "argument". I'm tempted to put some giant neon pink text on my site that says "PRICES ARE NON NEGOTIABLE". In Papyrus for the extra 'burn your corneas'. But I have a feeling it'd still be ignored. /headdesk

Edit: Awesome Client to the rescue

I JUST got an email from another client: "I heard about your little one, sorry to hear about that. Its always scary when your child gets hurt. I hope she is okay, and I hope you won't mind if we look into upping our order with a few more designs. "

...Holy handgrenades, that guy must be PSYCHIC.
    Last edited by Seraph; 07-27-2011, 03:42 AM.
    By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

"Yeah well you shouldnt be away"

You're right, I'm sorry. Everyone who does work with clients online must always be glued to their email, phone, and IM at all times, regardless of the need for sleep, food, or personal interaction. Clearly.

I always have this problem with my work as well - I've been told off by clients for not answering my phone at 2 AM.

Comment

Hope your little one heals fast. I did that when I was twelve it wasn't too bad.

Comment

Edited for how it *could* have gone...you would have been quite justified in doing it this way...
        Quoth Seraph View Post
        *click*
        <<next call>>
        Seraph: I had to rush one of my kids to the ER. It was an emergency. I assure you.
        *click*
        Client: well i am wondering about buying a template, btu I want a discount, i can only afford 50
        Well then you'll just have to wait a bit longer, won't you?
        Client: and if you really did have to take your kid to the hospital, i am sure you will have bills, and so you will be needing to pay them
        Excellent! I'm so glad you understand! The price just doubled, No refunds.
        ============================
        Edit: Awesome Client to the rescue

...Holy handgrenades, that guy must be PSYCHIC.
        Awesome! ^_^ People like this help to make it worthwhile.

May your little one heal up good as new, and soon!
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

First and foremost, good thoughts for the little one.

That's the sort of client I would burn off so fast he'd smell himself burning. That guy will cost you money, and worse, cause you stress you don't need.

I'd triple my prices on this asshole. Because it would probably drive him away. And if it doesn't, well, at least the triple price will be hopefully worth your while.

We called that the "asshole tax" at Kinko's.

Comment

many hugs to your little one. *hands over her giant moose* He helps with hurts. His name is Chocolate.

Here is my "stupid stick" so you might beat that idiot
            Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

Cuddles to your little one. I know how nerve racking it is when they hurt themselves and you have to remain calm so they don't panic.

(Elspeth - you like Navy coffee? If a spoon doesn't stand up straight in it <until it starts melting - grin> then it sure isn't REAL coffee)

Comment

Quoth Seraph View Post
                I'm tempted to put some giant neon pink text on my site that says "PRICES ARE NON NEGOTIABLE". In Papyrus for the extra 'burn your corneas'.

Oh.... Oh you monster... How dare you.

Sucky Employees = The result of sucky customers getting a job...

Comment

Quoth Seraph View Post
                  Stop that. Now what do you need.
                  Quoth Seraph View Post
                  Client: so a discount should be in order
                  Price is now $95. Anything else I can help you with?
                  Quoth Seraph View Post
                  Client: i'll give you 60
                  Client: you made me wait
                  Aaaaand now it's $105. Wanna keep going? Buy it or don't, you will be respectful if you want to conduct business. And from now on, I will only communicate with you through email. Good day.
                  A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Hope your little one is feeling better soon.

Comment

Oh, poor little girl! I'm so sad for her, but I'm glad she'll be OK. How traumatic for everyone involved.

That guy really does not seem worth your time in the first place, let alone after an EW outburst like that. He doesn't even want to pay fair prices for your work and he's willing to accuse you of being a liar and totally ignore the fact that your CHILD had a nasty accident. I know not everyone can or would do this...but at this point in my life, I'd have told him to go piss up a rope and never contact me again. (Probably right after he said "emergency my ***")

Thinking of you and that precious little girl
                      "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

hugs to the kiddo. hope she's feelin better soon! and hope you are even sooner! and curses to the asshat with no soul

Comment

Thank you guys for the well wishes, she's already cheered up a lot. She just realized that she's getting lots, and LOTS of Jello pudding.

And yeah, I won't be responding to this guy again, honestly. I mean, if he buys a premade, I'll still install it (as thats all handled automatically, with no need to contact him)...but yeah, not dealing with him on anything else.

Quoth Iseeyouthere View Post
                          Oh.... Oh you monster... How dare you.

I figured it was subtly worse than Comic Sans.
                          By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

I think you should have charged that jackass the Asshole Tax-- and point-blank told him what it was-- for copping that kind of attitude about a family emergency.

I split my lip when I was a kid. We were at Hechingers and my sister and I were playing around in this playhouse thing. As we were leaving, I tripped over the bottom of the door jamb and my mouth came down on a wooden hobby horse. Had to get stitches in my lower lip. I still have the scar from it.
                            PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Having bled profusely all over my parents on a couple of occasions when I was little, I know what you are going through. Hugs and good wishes for the little one... And you too.
                              Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
                              Save the Ales!
                              Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Working...
                              X