This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wherein I'm not important

I'm a delivery driver.. Most people are courtious enough to cut on their porch light. Some however don't, I just recently bought a 3 million candle spot light to find the house numbers and to light the way when people do not cut on their porch lights.. Before I bought the spot light if I pulled up and there was no light and no other light source (e.g. street light) I would call the number on my cell and ask them to please cut their porch light on. Most are apologetic and cut it on, some get rather pissy with me.

I pull up to a house and there is no porch light, it is almost pitch black and I can't even see the side walk, so I call the customer up and ask them to turn on their porch light, the woman that answered the phone scoffed and said "Fine" as if I was asking her to jump to the moon.

After she cuts her porch light on, I get out of my car and go to the door and knock, this woman with a rather snooty expression on her face answers the door:

SC: Why'd I have to turn my porch light on?
    Me: For my safety
    SC: (snorts) What could happen if I didn't?
    Me: I could get robbed, get injured on your property
    SC: You're just a delivery driver, who would care?
    Me: Me, I'd care.. My 4 kids would care, my family would care, my husband, my friends and so on.. And you'd care after I sued you for negligence.
    SC: As if you could sue me
    Me: I could, and I'd win too.. I've had to sue a customer before after I was injured on their property and I won.
    SC: ... (Apparently at a loss for words)
    Me: Enjoy that sandwich, it's the last one that will be delivered to you
    SC: You can't do that!
    Me: I can, and I will.

I left, when I got back to the store the bitch had called and cussed out the manager who then black listed her. I explained what happened and we left a note for the GM explaining what was going on and that this woman might call back.
    http://www.customerssuck.com/?m=20080203

My destiny is not pretty, but it's what my cutie mark is telling me.

I can't believe she would say something like that to you! At least you got her blacklisted. It really gets me cross to hear about people out there that think they are so much better than delivery people/waiting staff/customer service staff. They wouldn't get through the day if we didn't exist!
    My Crafting Profile http://www.craftster.org/forum/index...ofile;u=139859

Comment

Don't ever mess with a delivery driver. They got your goodies...lol.

Comment

I'm so sorry that happened to you! Good job getting her blacklisted.

Quoth HappyFun Ball View Post
        SC: You're just a delivery driver, who would care?
        Where do these people get the idea that someone's job = their worth as a human being?
        "Redheads have at least a 95% chance of being gorgeous. They're also concentrated evil." - Irv

"This is all strange, uncharted territory and your hamster only has three legs." - Gravekeeper

Comment

I LOVE your manager!!! So many wouldn't dare lose a "customer." I use quotes because abusive=not a customer in my book.
          "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Yet another person who subscribes to the very out-dated idea that there is a "class system" based on what sort of work someone does. How sad. I wonder how many other restaurants and stores she has been barred from with that attitude....

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
              I use quotes because abusive=not a customer in my book.
              Same here. Your store doesn't need "customers" like that one.
              "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
              "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
              "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
              "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
              "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
              "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
              Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
              "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Oooh got her black listed!

Comment

Wow, for the win! With that attitude I won't be surprised if she's been blacklisted from a lot of other places too.

Just curious, what was your previous injury/incident?
                  "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Epic!! Somehow I have the feeling that woman has an attitude problem towards everybody (of course she'd tailor it to fit each person), but wow, watch a complete and utter bitch. So glad you told her off and that your company realizes that they really DON'T need her business that badly!
                    "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

The previous injury occurred in December of 1996. For some reason the people on the ritzier neighborhoods would put wreaths in their windows and have these bright ass spotlights fixed on them, add those and crumbling stairs and you're just begging for an accident. I was blinded by said spotlight and lost my footing on their shoddy stairs. I fell and broke my leg, 3 ribs and a finger. I had to sue them for negligence.
                      http://www.customerssuck.com/?m=20080203

My destiny is not pretty, but it's what my cutie mark is telling me.

Comment

Quoth HappyFun Ball View Post
                        I'm a delivery driver.. Most people are courtious enough to cut on their porch light. Some however don't, I just recently bought a 3 million candle spot light to find the house numbers and to light the way when people do not cut on their porch lights.. Before I bought the spot light if I pulled up and there was no light and no other light source (e.g. street light) I would call the number on my cell and ask them to please cut their porch light on. Most are apologetic and cut it on, some get rather pissy with me.

most of the dumbasses in my area still would not turn on the porch light (most claim they are broken or have a burned out bulb) and then have the gall to yell at me when I am on their porch with my big-assed Maglight turned on.

the conversation usually goes like this
                        SC: HEY QUIT SHINNING THAT LIGHT. I THOUGHT THE POLICE WERE HERE.
                        ME: sorry but your front walk, steps and porch are NOT lit and I do not want to fall and hurt myself (and what I do not say is that yeah with all that trash, kiddie bikes, dog shit, dog leaches, rotting wooden stairs, rotting trash bags, that HUGE beer can collection, etc. I most defineately do NOT want to kill myself over a pizza)
                        SC: HEY QUIT SHINNING THAT LIGHT. I THOUGHT THE POLICE WERE HERE.

wash rinse, and repeat
                        I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                        -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Fuck yo' sandwich, bitch! </Dave Chapelle>
                          Last edited by tropicsgoddess; 07-28-2011, 11:07 PM.
                          I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                          Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                          Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Heheh, that's funny. Reminds me of back when I used to run a convience store. The place got robbed a few times before I took it over (not in the best part of town). I was on the phone talking to a friend when some kid came in looking for a hot dog. I didn't put them out because I just didn't want to. The kid yells at me to "get off the phone and make some damn hot dogs!"

I took the phone away from my ear just long enough to say "There aren't any hot dogs right now. Don't yell at me or I'll call the cops and get you arrested!" That made him shut up and go away. Then I went back to my phone call.

Comment

Okay, while the kid's attitude was sucky...

You were on the phone with a friend when a customer comes in...and you don't get off the phone to help the customer? Also, is the only reason you didn't put out the hot dogs was you "didn't want to"? If this is right, I would have to say that sort of thing would justify a customer being upset.

Comment

Working...
                              X