This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am not stupid...

Today, I was in back making food when Lindy, the cashier, came back to tell me the man with order #179 want's to make sure I put the extra's on his food. He got a nacho bellgrande with extra beef, bean, tomato, sour cream and nacho cheese. I always get pissed off when customersdo this because if I see extra on the screen, I put extra. He's just assuming I'm stupid or incompetant and deemed it necessary to remind me about the extra.

Really? Because I was just going to give you a regular one, just for the hell of it. After all, I love getting yelled at by customers and I know Taco Bell loves it when I have to give away freebies. I know sometimes the food makers can be forgetful, but I prefer if the customer gets their food, checks it, then complains if I messed up.

*End Rant*
    Answers: $1
    Correct Answers: $2
    Answers that require thought: $5
    Dumb looks are still free.

I feel for ya.

I don't work in food, but my former shift lead always treated me like I was some Jessica Simpson clone of some sort, she'd always give me little *reminders* that made me feel not only upset, but like I was a moron.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

At places like Subway sometimes you have to remind the person. I remember once I asked for double meat on a Italian B.M.T. which I always get. The guy was getting ready to move to the cheeses and I asked "Is that double meat?" He looks down and says "Oh sorry I forgot." So it depends on the restaurant.

At certain restaurants like chinese takeout, I don't even bother with some anymore and stopped going or ordering from them. You ask for extra meat and it looks like they put in two little pieces and more vegetable. I'm a carnivore and if I ask them for extra meat, I know I have to pay extra and am willing. Vegetables are good for you but I don't need them subliminally trying to tell me that. They'll give you as much veggies as you want with no extra charge. If I'm paying an extra $2 I want my meat.

Comment

I can understand how this might rub a person the wrong way. However, like Willis' example, it may be that the customer in question has had so many bad experiences where they have paid for extra toppings, only to not receive them. Thus, they now make an extra effort to insure that their order is made correctly. Unless you know they only do it when you are making their food, I wouldn't take it too personally.

Comment

If I were the sort to mess with someone's food (which I'm not-- and CS.com does not condone such things anyway), I'd absolutely DRENCH his food in the damn sauce, so his nachos bellgrande would be better classified as SOUP.

But that would be wrong.
          PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
            If I were the sort to mess with someone's food (which I'm not-- and CS.com does not condone such things anyway), I'd absolutely DRENCH his food in the damn sauce, so his nachos bellgrande would be better classified as SOUP.

But that would be wrong.
            Quite right that would be wrong!

Unless they pay for that extra sauce, you would be costing the restaurant money!

Comment

You'd hate my boyfriend - he always has to tell the people at Subway/Wawa about his vinegar love... he likes extra, extra vinegar. At Wawa there's no extra button so he has to do that >>;

Comment

Quoth Pezzle View Post
                You'd hate my boyfriend - he always has to tell the people at Subway/Wawa about his vinegar love... he likes extra, extra vinegar. At Wawa there's no extra button so he has to do that >>;
                Hmm, my first thought was that he might be related to the infamous Vinegar Boy (known in song and War Stories), but I doubt you would date anyone from as shallow a gene pool as that family appears to come from.

Comment

Quoth PatchO'Black View Post
                  Quite right that would be wrong!

Unless they pay for that extra sauce, you would be costing the restaurant money!
                  I'd happily pay out of my own pocket for the wasted sauce to give the guy his nacho soup.
                  PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth PatchO'Black View Post
                    Hmm, my first thought was that he might be related to the infamous Vinegar Boy (known in song and War Stories), but I doubt you would date anyone from as shallow a gene pool as that family appears to come from.
                    HAHA!!! Oh man I forgot about the (in)Famous Vinegar Boy

Comment

Quoth Willis View Post
                      At places like Subway sometimes you have to remind the person. I remember once I asked for double meat on a Italian B.M.T. which I always get. The guy was getting ready to move to the cheeses and I asked "Is that double meat?" He looks down and says "Oh sorry I forgot." So it depends on the restaurant.
                      There's two Subways I go to on a regular basis. One has great employees and I never have a problem. And the other one has Avocado Guy. Avocado guy will ask me 3 or 4 times if I want avocado on my sandwich, including interrupting me telling him what I DO WANT to ask it. Oh and this conversation happens way too often:

AG: What kind of cheese?
                      Me: No cheese please.
                      AG: Ok you want it toasted?
                      Me: No thank you, and can I have...
                      AG: What kind of cheese?
                      Me: ...

Comment

Quoth Pezzle View Post
                        My friend too. That guy has this weird love for mustard. He asks for extra and I see them give it to him. The guy wants more. One guy told him "dude that's like 1/4 of the bottle". He got all pissy and said fine. I told him dude you gotta relax.

I never let him near my mustard at home. He'll take a full bottle and use about half. I'll get pissed and he'll act like he's a victim and I'm being mean. I usually tell him he knows exactly what he's doing.

Comment

I have to admit, I do now and then remind someone about extra/less/no situations, but I do try to do it as nicely and tactfully as I can, and I do hope no one takes it personal. Especially take out items that are hard to check (ever try to discretely unwrap a burrito to see if it has an ingredient you absolutely hate?). I do believe workers who don't pay much attention and simply don't care if they get it right are rare, but they do exist, we all know them (and write about them in co-workers), but also I know how hectic and stressful it can get when it's crowded and orders are backed up, when anyone can make a mistake no matter how much they care. Not to mention the chance of mis-cmmunication between cashier & preparers, or even the chance of accidently pressing the button for "extra" rather than "no" - easy enough for anyone to do when stressed/overworked/distracted. I figure if a gentle reminder raises my chances of getting the exact food I ordered & paid for, then I'll do so, as politely and nicely as possible, and hope I'm not considered an SC for it. Heck, if my hubby makes me a sandwich I gently remind him no mayo, since he normally puts it on his and has been known to go on auto pilot and put it on mine. No insult intended, and he knows it (and might remind me to remember to put it on his, LOL).

Madness takes it's toll....
                          Please have exact change ready.

Comment

Quoth Willis View Post
                            My friend too. That guy has this weird love for mustard. He asks for extra and I see them give it to him. The guy wants more. One guy told him "dude that's like 1/4 of the bottle". He got all pissy and said fine. I told him dude you gotta relax.

I never let him near my mustard at home. He'll take a full bottle and use about half. I'll get pissed and he'll act like he's a victim and I'm being mean. I usually tell him he knows exactly what he's doing.
                            Aw that sucks that he acts a little edgy about it. My boyfriend just likes the vinegar soaked into both pieces of bread and drizzled with oil on the lettuce. Takes a few extra applications but once a sandwich place gets to know him, they don't mind at all. He's usually pretty nice about it, and tips for it

Comment

Make Mustard Boy bring his own mustard. Take a sharpie and write his name on it, and nobody else touches it. then he can happily overdose on mustard without costing his friends a lot of cash.

Comment

Working...
                              X