This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just F--king Update Already: Part II

This is regarding a customer known as Mr. Clown of an IT Guy. Background here:

http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...ad.php?t=43153

Since we gave them the free next version we heard not another peep from the guy about buying anything. Even though he implied he would buy an update "soon" (which I knew was bullshit at the time). Even though his users need the next version for their work due to regulation changes, he's never once tried to update.

At least until about a month ago. It wasn't his idea, of course. Nope. I got a call from his boss who wanted to update another license.

She's one of the ones who got cc's only when Mr. Clown of an IT Guy thought it would benefit him.

If Mr. Clown of an IT Guy hadn't been such a huge pain in the ass bully, I'd have long forgotten him and wouldn't have done what I did next.

I gave the boss lady a quote then let the boss lady know that the license Mr. Clown of an IT Guy was administering was very out of date and not very useful to their organization due to the regulation changes.

Boss lady was surprised but grateful for this information.

Unfortunately for Mr. Clown of an IT Guy, update prices go up the longer you wait to update. The update is now $1400 more than it was the last time I quoted him and $2800 more than the first time I quoted him. I let his boss know that the price was much higher due to the length of time between updates.

She also told me that they have enough money to update but Mr. Clown has sole discretion over whether to update that license. Which is a direct contradiction of what he told me.

He probably won't update any time soon, of course. I mean it's now going on 7 years since we've seen a dime from Bozo, so I'm not going to hold my breath that's going to change. But now there's another voice in the chorus at his job potentially bugging him about it. Based on what I know of him, he's not going to like that. Heh.
    The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

If and when he emails you again, make sure Clown's boss is cc'd on every one of your replies.
    A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

So did his boss imply that she was going to handle him? Sounds like he's costing the company money and the way you made her sound, it didn't seem like she'd do anything. Well except that she was surprised.

Comment

No. She's probably not going to actually do anything. She's the president of the organization but I believe Mr. Clown has them all dazzled with bullshit to the point they think they can't fire him or touch *his* server, even though that server is their property.
        The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

Working...
        X