This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SC time vs. reality

We have one SC, who always calls in special orders at the last possible minutes and expects us to somehow get the ready for them. Normally they are "nice" enough to give us a few hours, however their last one gave me a whopping 35 minutes to get the order ready. This order takes about 45 minutes to get ready, assuming I have nothing else going on, no other customers to help, product to deal with, etc.

M: *answers phone*
    SC: Mi, this is Mr. SC, I need to place a order for <SCs normal order> to pick up at <time>.
    M: Unfortunately, the earliest i can do is <next AM>
    SC: WHAT!!!!! That is not acceptable! I order this often and it is normally done for me!
    M: As we have told you before, we request 6 hours notice for order like this so we can be sure it can be done properly. In the past, you we're lucky that we were able to fill it. At this time, we have already shut down that part of the operation. (actually we hadn't, but we had no time left to fit their order in before close as all the already scheduled orders and normal stuff need to be finished)
    SC: But you should know I need my order!
    M: Well, i can have have it ready for <next AM> if you want, but it is too late in the day to have it ready today.
    SC: I want a manager! I will get my order!

Luckily MOD was nearby and I tell them about the situation. I listen as they talk to SC.

MOD: I understand, however as we have told you before, to ensure we can get the order ready we need at least 6 hours notice.

MOD: You called too late, we can't get it done today. As you were told already tomorrow AM is the earliest we can have it ready.

MOD: No, I will not give you a discount because we were not able to accommodate a request after our normal hours.

MOD: Ok, bye!

MOD said that they hung up because the SC had started cursing at that them for the horrible customer service and run around were were supposedly giving them.

Good for your MOD. We often bend the rules for our customers but we also emphasize that it is being done as a one-time courtesy and next time they won't get the same deal. Everything has to be noted on the order or in the customer's profile so it's easy to find later. I'm sure many of them try to play the "but you did it last time!" card later on, but if we have the notes saying we did it once and why, they're SOL.
    "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Good for your business! I'm glad management doesn't put up with those shenanigans.
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Yeah, like having an SC curse at you is gonna make you bend to their will.

Comment

Best MOD ever! Can I have him/her at my work!?
          Check out http://thegeneralpublicsucks.blogspot.com/ for all of my encounters with the amazing General Public!

Comment

Working...
          X