X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's the... thing!

You know, the one-piece thing!

Yes. That is what a customer said to us when she called today. She wanted a "one-piece thing."

No, she was not referring to a one-piece swimsuit. I'm not sure what details she gave, but we finally figured out the gist of what the one-piece thing was....

.... a vest....

Errr...what?

That person is a Deltahead. (Heard this on L&O: CI today to describe a person who is absent of a brain. lol)
    "Imagine that. Human souls, trapped like flies in the World Wide Web, stuck forever, crying out for help."-The Doctor
    "Isn't that basically Twitter?"-Clara

Comment

Sounds like one of Gravekeeper's customers

Comment

Quoth sylvier View Post
        Sounds like one of Gravekeeper's customers
        No they'd mean pants.

Comment

Move the Thing! and...that other Thing! (/end Princess Bride)
          My formula for living is quite simple. I get up in the morning and I go to bed at night. In between, I occupy myself as best I can.---Cary Grant

Comment

I'd have guessed a strawhat .

Comment

Oh. Your. God.

Its the Thing lady. You know... the thing!?

http://notalwaysright.com/de-ting-de-ting/308
              Sucky Employees = The result of sucky customers getting a job...

Comment

oh goodness, i just ~*~ love ~*~ when they use that as if it were a valid item description! a co worker had something similar, a woman just prodded her and asked where she could find "that thing" - and gestured wildly up and down her torso.

co worker listed several items to no effect; cardigans, sweaters, zipped hoodies, boyfriend cardigan/blazers .. i swear she ran through the stores torso oriented itinerary before the customer just gave her a disgusted look and declared she'd find it herself!

Comment

Mmm, wondering if she was thinking of 'singlet'?

Rapscallion

Comment

My mother is horrible about this. She uses the 'good old southern method'. "Fetch me that thingamajig" "What do you mean what? Its right next to that doohicky, right beside that whatchamacallit."
                    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Quoth Iseeyouthere View Post
                      Oh. Your. God.

Its the Thing lady. You know... the thing!?

http://notalwaysright.com/de-ting-de-ting/308
                      But it wasn't blue and blue.
                      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post
                        My mother is horrible about this. She uses the 'good old southern method'. "Fetch me that thingamajig" "What do you mean what? Its right next to that doohicky, right beside that whatchamacallit."
                        In my house, we call that "The Female Thing"

"Mom, wheres the thing?"
                        "In the cabinet, next to the thing"
                        "Thanks! Got it."

It rarely fails.

I can't call it 'southern method' for several principles, the main one being... I'm from New England, and my mom is from upstate New York. We're so not southern, lol.
                        Shamus: Why hasn't anybody designs a cranium-anus extraction kit yet? It seems that so many people suffer from a improperly-stored head.

Comment

All of this talk about the thing reminds me of The Thing by Phil Harris.
                          "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

When ever my mother or girlfriend use those sorts of terms with me, "the thingy" "the whatchamacallit" I always say "use your words" in that tone you use for toddlers.

Yes I have become very proficient at ducking.
                            If I dropped everybody who occasionally said something stupid from my list of potential partners, I wouldn’t even be able to masturbate

Comment

My mom doesn't do 'The Thing'. She does 'Over There'. Ask her where something is, or where she thinks she's left something, and it'll go pretty much like this:

Me: Where did you say it was?
                              Mom: *usually with her back to me or otherwise occupied with something else* Over there.
                              "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

Working...
                              X