This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's Douchebag-urday!

My poor co-worker M was practically a magnet for all the assholes today.

I'm calling bullshit.

This EW call in to order parts and demanded that she have them shipped overnight and waive the fees. We can ship it over night but the customer has to pay for it and we're not allowed to waive the fee. The EW demanded a supervisor and when M told him that our supervisor wasn't there and there were no others to take the call (which is true) he demanded our supervisor's extension to call him and said " I used to work in a call center, I can't believe there's no supervisor there!!!111!!!! and that if our supervisor didn't call him back the next business day before a certain time in the AM the EW would call his lawyer. Oooh, we're scared.

O RLY?!!
    This guy call in to place a parts order but couldn't place the order for the SC because he didn't have any information on the model or collection his furniture was under. She explained to him that without any information she can't place the order. This asshole kept arguing, ranting and bitching at her and even told her that she wasn't smart enough for her job and didn't know she was doing. Seriously?!! Who's the dumbass that expects customer service employees to be psychics and read their mind!
    Last edited by tropicsgoddess; 07-31-2011, 02:42 AM.
    I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
    Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
    Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Quoth tropicsgoddess View Post
    Who's the dumbass that expects customer service employees to be psychics and read their mind!
    A sucky customer!
    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Well, even if we were psychic, we can't mind read if there's nothing there to read...
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
        Well, even if we were psychic, we can't mind read if there's nothing there to read...
        "Imagine that. Human souls, trapped like flies in the World Wide Web, stuck forever, crying out for help."-The Doctor
        "Isn't that basically Twitter?"-Clara

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
          Dammit, got it in before I could post.

But yeah, this. My ESP works just fine, but not on the brain-dead.
          What colour is the sky in your world and how high of a dosage do you need before it turns back to blue? --Gravekeeper

Comment

EW would call his lawyer. Oooh, we're scared.
            "Oh, your lawyer? Well, sir (or ma'am) I need you to take this number down, XXX-XXX-XXXX and ask for Joe Attorney, he's the head of our legal department. Why? Well, since you're calling your lawyer, that makes this a legal matter. I'm not an attorney, so just have your lawyer call Joe, I'm sure they'll have this matter fixed up in no time. Unfortunately, I won't be able to help you any further, since this is now a legal matter."

It's fun just watching the backpedaling when you do that.

"I'll call my lawyer!" My company's headquarters has got a whole floor filled with lawyers, they'll eat your lawyer for breakfast and poop him out before lunch. Please.
            I have a map of the world. It's actual size.

-- Steven Wright

Comment

" I used to work in a call center, I can't believe there's no supervisor there!!!111!!!!
              Meh, they aren't much use when they're in, anyway. When we used to be open Saturdays we didn't have one in the office. We didn't need one, we'd all been there so long that we could do the job in our sleep, and if anything came up that required a supervisor, we'd just tell the customer to call back on Monday.
              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                Meh, they aren't much use when they're in, anyway. When we used to be open Saturdays we didn't have one in the office. We didn't need one, we'd all been there so long that we could do the job in our sleep, and if anything came up that required a supervisor, we'd just tell the customer to call back on Monday.
                Reminds me of the "Peggy" commercial where the lady caller demands to talk to a supervisor and Peggy yells "Transfer!" They pass the phone around the office, each yelling "Transfer!" And the phone ends up where? You guessed it PEGGY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love those "Peggy" commercials

Comment

The EW demanded a supervisor and when M told him that our supervisor wasn't there and there were no others to take the call (which is true) he demanded our supervisor's extension to call him and said " I used to work in a call center, I can't believe there's no supervisor there!!!111!!!! and that if our supervisor didn't call him back the next business day before a certain time in the AM the EW would call his lawyer. Oooh, we're scared.
                  Yeah, in my department there are no supervisors around after 10 PM most of the week and 8 PM on weekends...and we're on the east coast with many west coast customers. Nothing I can do about it.

We had a guy threaten us with a lawyer today too...not the first time, of course. He wanted to exchange a sofa he got a year ago after he'd already taken a large discount to keep it "as is". Apparently he doesn't understand the concept of "as is" and doesn't believe the manager at the time told him this in no uncertain terms. Whatever, dude.

Quoth Teefies2 View Post
                  Reminds me of the "Peggy" commercial where the lady caller demands to talk to a supervisor and Peggy yells "Transfer!" They pass the phone around the office, each yelling "Transfer!" And the phone ends up where? You guessed it PEGGY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Me too! See, at least where I work that woman would have gotten somewhere by asking for a supervisor straightaway...it might not go completely how the SCs want it, but there's only so much I can do without approval and I end up going back and forth between a SC and a supervisor because they keep pushing for me to do "something", but usually the "something" I come back with is not enough. I HATE HATE HATE being the middle(wo)man.
                  "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Quoth Teefies2

I just saw this commercial today, and I remembered this thread. It made me
                    Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
                    Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

Quoth dragon_wings View Post
                      I just saw this commercial today, and I remembered this thread. It made me
                      I LOVE The "Peggy" commercials! My favorite is the re-training commercial!
                      I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                      Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                      Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth tropicsgoddess

I LOVE The "Peggy" commercials! My favorite is the re-training commercial!
                        I'll probably be going to the library today (free wifi FTW!). I'll have to check them out on YouTube.
                        Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
                        Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

On Wednesday my coworker on the other side of the cube wall was talking to a customer named Peggy and she repeated the name many times...she tends to speak loudly too...I was because I just kept thinking "My name Peggy!"
                          "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Working...
                          X