Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would make it my personal mission to tell anyone and everyone about Makeover Lady's 50% demand.

Comment

Personally, I would have agreed to give her 50% of the profits.

Since it all went to charity, the profits were nothing. 50% of nothing is still nothing.

Or, if you wanted to be really mean, just point out that since it was a charity event the whole thing was a loss. A loss is negative profits, so give her a bill for 50% of the cost with a note thanking her for asking to take on half of it herself.

Comment

Quoth Tama View Post
        "Goes to children whose parents were either burned to death or died on toxic gas shot at them by heads on tripods" (get that one)
        War of the Worlds
        Quoth Teysa View Post
        Sad thing is with the make-over lady, she probably could have drummed up enough future business to make working for free the one day worth it.
        Very likely...if the makeover was a good one. You have to wonder about some of these people.
        I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
        -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

I can't believe she asked for half the money meant for a charity!! I'm pretty sure that she wasn't even half of the people that came out to offer services. She sure was full of herself...did she really think that she was the only one out of all the people helping out that day that "deserved" some of the profits (not including the recipients of the charity of course)??

Comment

Quoth Gerrinson View Post
            Or, if you wanted to be really mean, just point out that since it was a charity event the whole thing was a loss. A loss is negative profits, so give her a bill for 50% of the cost with a note thanking her for asking to take on half of it herself.
            Beat me to it.

^-.-^
            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

My dad has cancer. Thank you and your pub for doing this! I love you guys! Those idiots can step on a rusty rake.
              It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
              -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

Comment

My husband's aunt, one of my best internet friends, and one of my awesome coworkers have cancer. Keep doing what you do, guys.

I'm taking my business to a charity event and donating a chunk of the proceeds at the end of this month. It's just occurred to me that I may come back with some CS stories in addition to a bit of money and a pile of karma.

Comment

So Ms. Priss wanted 50% of profits from the entire fair?

Wow, what a charlie uniform november tango.

Good on them for telling her to go fark off.

I hope she loses significant business for a few weeks because of it.

That'll teach her to try to scam over a non-profit fair for the benefit of those less fortunate and in need of help.

If possible, sue her for breach of contract.
                  Fixing problems... one broken customer at a time.

Comment

My best friend had breast cancer, and survived.
                    I recently lost a friend to cancer.
                    Thank you for fund raising so people can fight it.

Comment

Makeover lady probably planned the whole thing. She thought you guys would back down in order to keep her there. She would have gotten the best of both worlds: made some money AND gotten new customers.

As it is, she probably hurt herself. Possibly badly.
                      They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Well, I'm superstitious enough to figure that being that woman will be it's own ready made revenge. Karma is a boomerang.

As for the crabby dude, sheesh, just don't buy a damn ticket if it's that big of a deal. He doesn't need government documents and a dna sample. All he has to do is say "no thanks" and keep his wallet in his pants.

Comment

Quoth Little Retail Rabbit View Post
                          I don't know the exact details, but charities have registration numbers and fund-raisers will get official documentation from said charity to show they are officially raising money for a good cause.
                          I thought CRML did show the old guy the proper paperwork? After that, demanding ID was just nuts...did he think charities make up shiny ID badges for every single person raising money? (the local homeless newspaper here does that, but they have had legitimate problems with random panhandlers stealing papers, posing as vendors and pocketing the cash)
                          Last edited by Dreamstalker; 08-03-2011, 03:41 AM.
                          "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                          "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Working...
                          X