This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Squeaksmyalias View Post

A friend pointed out to me that I could have called the guy looking for help, and asked what it was about and put up a proper want ad and it would have taken less time then arguing with her. I'm thinking that it's not my job to make that call, this is a volunteer job when I have a moment to work on things I do, yes I keep on top of things but it's still volunteer. Besides even if it was my job and someone handed me an ad unless it was in my job description to do the research and call to find out the rest of the details I wouldn't have to do that. I really don't think that I should call someone this woman knows and basically say " Who the heck are you and why do you want pilots?" I also think that if I did that she would just assume I would do that all the time, and I am so not her secretary.
    Excuse me? That is not your job by any stretch of the imagination. As a volunteer you have better things to do with your time than be at the beck and call of an entitled female. If she can not be bothered to adhere to the (very reasonable) rules then she doesn't get to post. Simple as that.

Grrr at the whole situation.

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
      Why didn't Dan post his own ad? Is he not a member of the flying club? Perhaps Dan should summit his ad directly to you, not though the other woman.
      Even if he wasn't in the club he could, all he would have to do is be on Facebook and "like" the page. So he might not have a Facebook, but if he did like the page, any new people I send a PM to greeting them, asking if they have any questions and seeing if they are members of the club who aren't active, also letting them know we welcome them to leave messages and photos on the page along with rules. Yea I pretty much go all out on it, but a lot of the people in the chapter are normally not on facebook or new to it so they might not know we have more info on other parts of the page with rules (most of the group is 55 and up, with two teenagers, I'm the middle aged one of the group at 26). Also it might be people checking us out from events we had who might not know they can ask questions. I want a helpful welcoming environment to encourage people to want to be apart of our group.....I also am job hunting and I've got a ton of free time and want to use it on my resume cause it makes it look shiny.
      I'm the 5th horsemen of the apocalypse. Bringer of giggly bouncy doom, they don't talk about me much.

Comment

I see this sort of thing all the time on a money advice board. People posting things like "whats the best mortgage product right now" when its obvious that there are so many variables that no one can answer that question and will most likely ignore it rather than helping. Admittedly most people come back with specific lists of questions instead but you still get the people saying "thats none of your business, just tell meeeee!" even though they've been told the details are important.
        I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

Part of what I don't understand about this is the whole blindly following what Dan told her. Maybe it's because I'm naturally curious but if he asked me, I'd like to know why he wants an ad put up before I put one up so I know if it's something I'd like to pass around, it blows my mind still that she just doesn't know.

I'm so leery about posting things like that because if it's some strange scam, or a pilot is misled in some way, we can be blamed for promoting the ad just by having it up, while I don't see a pilot in our group suing us or getting us into serious trouble for it, other people could or at the very least I could get into some trouble for it since I allowed it to be up. Maybe I see this from having business classes and learning about it, but it seems obvious to me that an organization needs to be careful on what they are promoting, even if it's someone else posting an ad on their page, because it can lead to issues. At the very least the proper details gets the ad to the right targets and passed around more.
          I'm the 5th horsemen of the apocalypse. Bringer of giggly bouncy doom, they don't talk about me much.

Comment

Working...
          X