This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Understaffed SC

Background: Today we were understaffed. We had someone in cosmetics until 6 and a photo tech until 7:30 ish. Then the cosmetics girl came back for the last hour to help straighten the store. But from 7:30 to about 9:15 is was just me and my manager. /end background

Before the cosmetics girl left I was at my register, the photo tech was on lunch, the cosmetics girl was helping in photo and the manager was helping in the pharmacy meaning I had a long line.
    I'm ringing up a lady and her son and she asks her son what kind of cigs he wants. Then when I ring them up I ask for ID (cause he looked to be about 25 ish and I have to ID under 40).
    Sucky lady: I'm buying the cigarettes.
    Me: I technically have to see his ID still.
    SL: *indigent* He's 27!
    Me: I technically, by law, have to ID if you look under 40.
    SL: *sputters*
    She pays by check.
    The lady two people behind her in line then pipes up.
    Impatient bitch: Where's your supervisor!
    Me: what's the matter ma'am?
    IB: I have things to do! I can't be waiting in this line!
    *note: she had been waiting for a bit, cause I had no one to help me get my line down. If I could have helped it everyone would have waited less then half the time they did. But as I stood I couldn't have done anything else. I was ringing people up as fast as possible. I can't help if my customers are slow. And checks take the longest.*
    Me: ma'am, I'm going as fast as I can. There isn't anyone to help help me. We're understaffed today.
    IB: Well as the consumer I shouldn't have to wait this long!!!
    (By this time the cosmetics girl was at back up helping with my line and I'd finished ringing up all 6 of Impatient Bitch's items.)
    Me: *with my most fake of smiles* I'm sorry ma'am. Have a good evening.

Later after it was just my manager and me, my manager is in the office counting money and I'm at my register when a lady goes to the photo kiosk loads a couple pictures and then turns to me and says: 'So where do they print out?'
    Me: Uh, my manager will have to print them for you. She'll be a minute.
    My manager then comes up to get the pick up from my register she hadn't been able to get for the past couple hours. And the lady sees her and says: Excuse me. Where are my pictures?
    My manager: I'll be over in just a moment to print them out. *mutters something under her breathe about impatient people*

Bonus: the other day I had a lady come up to my register with a bunch of items and coupons. After she's paid she realizes she's been overcharged and demands the manager come to that register to do the refund. Returns and exchanges are usually done in cosmetics and not at my register. Cause my register is the main register and thus the busiest. My manager (same as the one from tonight) goes over to cosmetics and calls my phone and asks who had a return. And I tell her to come to my register. She asks me why? And I tell her the customer wants her to (I'm pissed but I'm not about to talk shit about a customer in front of them or on the floor). So my manager comes and does the refund. As the lady is waiting for a rain check she notices two of my managers tattoos. She had one on each hand. The lady then comes up to my manager and touches one of the tattoos and asks 'Did you drink some beer before you got those?' And both me and my manger say 'No. You can't drink before getting a tattoo. You bleed more and they can't tattoo you.'
    Well today she came back in and mentioned her daughter wanted to get a tattoo and she didn't know if her daughter knew that.
    Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
    Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

<singsong> I know where you worrkkkkk! I work there too :-D

Comment

Quoth Teefies2 View Post
      Are you the cosmetics girl or the photo tech?
      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Teefies2
        Damn, what gave it away?
        Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
        Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

Quoth dragon_wings View Post
          Damn, what gave it away?
          The whimpers.
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Working...
          X