This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sales are a scam now?

Like any store, we put different items on sale at different times. Some more often than others. Recently this SC, who I have seen/helped before and acted normal before decided to become a SC on me.

SC: I have question.
    M: Ok.
    SC: You have <perishable item> on sale?
    M: Yes we do.
    SC: Now is <item>, you know, "good."
    M: What do you mean?
    SC: You know, fresh.
    M: Yes. They are our normal <item> just on sale this week.
    SC: So this in not just scam to sell me day old food?
    M: No. They are fresh thru the date on on the sticker. If it is day old, it will have special markdown sticker on it.
    SC: I see, i see. I'm not so sure I believe it.
    M: Would you like me to get a manager?
    SC: ..... uh, no. *wanders off*

I suspect the SC wanted a discount on the sale price, but was not able to work that in and gave up.

SC paranoia fail. Where do they come up with this stuff??
    "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

BeenThereDoneThat, one of those investigative news shows, about... maybe a decade ago? They had a show about grocery stores repackaging and reselling food past it's "Sell by" date.

Not completely off base in wondering... but highly unlikely. And still very SC.
      Shamus: Why hasn't anybody designs a cranium-anus extraction kit yet? It seems that so many people suffer from a improperly-stored head.

Comment

Quoth Nayeli_Sabia View Post
        They had a show about grocery stores repackaging and reselling food past it's "Sell by" date.
        SC.
        Sounds like the "Meat Manager's Special" at winn-dixie >_> Only they didn't always bother changing the dates...
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Even if that's a possibility, did she really think the worker would tell her if she was right?
          Fiancee: We're going to need to do laundry. I'm out of clean pants.
          Me: Sounds like a job for Gravekeeper!
          Fiancee: What?!
          Me: Nevermind.

Comment

BeenThereDoneThat, one of those investigative news shows, about... maybe a decade ago? They had a show about grocery stores repackaging and reselling food past it's "Sell by" date.

My fiance's bakery co-worker at the grocery store that is now closed used to do that. So did the deli/meat dept. manager. And they wonder why the store closed...
            EVERYTHING YOU SAY IS CANCER AND MADNESS. (Gravekeeper)
            ~-~
            Also, I have been told that I am sarcastic. I don’t know where anyone would get such an impression.(Gravekeeper again)

Comment

If it is a "managers special" in one store only i can see that as a possibility. However this was a sale advertised in our flyer that almost every store in the company did.

Comment

Yeah, I do remember hearing about stuff like that happening, but it's pretty rare...and it's really not something you should spend your life worrying about, IMO. Check the dates on the food before you buy it and if it says it's good, go with it. You're probably more likely to die in a car accident on the way home from the store than to become deathly ill from old repackaged food. (Well, aren't I just a ray of fucking sunshine?? )
                "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Working...
                X