Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I thought only babies put things in their mouths?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I thought only babies put things in their mouths?

We have 4 seperate displays of £2 lip gloss on our counters at work. One has flower-shaped lip-gloss, one is cup-cake shaped, one has little rings that open to reveal lip-gloss, and then you have my personal favourite, the tiny little Japanese kokeshi-style dolls (no one else seems to like them ). Needless to say, kids grab these. They are now sealed up with plastic because the types we used to sell in the past, the little bleeders would stick their fingers in the lip gloss and smear it and wear it and then we couldn't sell it. Kids certainly like to have a look, and for the most part they just look and put them back (especially once they realise their puny lil hands can't get through the seal)

I was serving a woman and her daughter recently, on the till that displayed the dolls and rings. I was ringing up the mother's stuff when she turned to grab something else. The daughter was idly touching the lipglosses. During the time when her mother was getting whatever else it was, the daughter picked up a little lip-gloss ring and then put it in her mouth.

Wouldn't have been much of a surprise if she were a toddler. But if I had to guess her age I would have to say about ...hmm...11!

The mother came back. I said "You daughter just put that ring in her mouth. I can't sell it now." I couldn't outright say "so YOU buy it" and the mother idly said "Oh don't do that, put it back." The daughter put the ring back in the display. She gave me a rather insolent look as she did this, so I made a real show of picking it up with tissue and throwing it in the bin.

Seriously though. I've not yet caught a toddler trying to put it in their mouth- probably because despite the fact they often mistake them for sweets, their mothers see them and don't want them choking. Surely an 11-year-old would know better -_-

Oh, they know better, they just don't care
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx

Comment

Quoth Syriilord View Post
      Neither does the mother, or she would've been embarrassed enough to pay for it.
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth Syriilord View Post

SC's NEVER do.

Comment

This crap happens at my work but with candy tins. The kids always unwrap the tin and sometimes partake in the candy inside. It always happens with these Super Mario star and mushroom shaped tins with sours inside. Of course mom is no where near her child when this is happening, and rarely me either. I always end up finding the tins on a shelf somewhere unwrapped. Can't sell it now, can I! Who wants an open tin of candy?
          Midori = Green and DelSol= My beloved Honda

Comment

Sounds to me like the 11 year old found a method of stealing and SC mom is too oblivious to notice or care.
            I woud have charged the little brat for it, lol.

Comment

Quoth Thatgirl71 View Post
              Sounds to me like the 11 year old found a method of stealing and SC mom is too oblivious to notice or care.
              This. I wonder how often she'd done that and the clerk was so agog that she would do something like that that they've failed to say anything.

^-.-^
              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I'd be tempted to scan the item on to their purchase.
                If I dropped everybody who occasionally said something stupid from my list of potential partners, I wouldn’t even be able to masturbate

Comment

Can't rule out being mentally handicapped in someway either. Then again some kids still lack a ton of common sense at eleven.

Comment

That happened to me a lot. I worked a party supply store as a teenager. When I worked as a cashier many a mother would let their infant slobber all over the shrink wrapped paper plates and use it like a pacifier and then not warn me. I would suddenly find my hand covered in baby spit. Disgusting.
                    The angels have the phone box.

Comment

Uggh yeah sometimes parents would let their babies carry an item of clothing, and they would suck on the hanger...and then hand it to me....GROSS >.<

As you maybe able to tell from many of my posts...I kinda hate kids ^^;;

Comment

Gross, but nothing is worse than when ADULTS put their credit cards in their mouth to hold them and then hand them to you to pay! Yuck, and then they get offended by the grossed out look on my face and the hesitation to take it.

Comment

Ugh, I can't stand it when people don't control their oral fixations. One day I was on the verge of retching because a teenaged girl was walking around the store, stopping at the pharmacy with her mother, and then walking around some more, pushing a baby in the cart . . . . all the while the teenager had one of those rubber bracelets and was gnawing and chomping away on it, letting it dangle out the side of her mouth, pulling it out of her mouth, wadding it up differently, sticking it back in, etc. Disgusting.

Also definitely NOT cute if I get handed a product covered in kid slobber, I don't care if it's just a kid, human spit is human spit, and I'd rather not touch it, especially a stranger's. Ditto for adults who do the finger lick to count bills.
                          The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Comment

I hate baby drool. It's a baby, it's not like it got up out of its carrier, grabbed this item of the shelf and stuck it into it's mouth, YOU gave it to them to hold. It is not pleasant when you take the item from the child and discover that it had been drooling and gnawing on it, and then hand it to me like it's no big deal. IT'S GROSS. I always make a point of grabbing my scanner gun and don't take it from them. Double bonus points of you tell me you decided against it. Great, because the other customers consider baby drool a free bonus??
                            Midori = Green and DelSol= My beloved Honda

Comment

I thought only babies put things in their mouths?
                              No. Time Lords do it too.

However they don't usually lick the gloss and then try to act like it's not their fault you have to throw it away now.

Comment

Working...
                              X