This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth fma_fanatic View Post
    So..the oatmeal woman was incapable of stirring the oatmeal herself? Apparently if she's unable to do that, just how capable is she of doing her job.

I'd be half tempted to say something like "Well, you got a spoon didn't you? Use it!" and hang up.
    I was more tempted to say "Well if you're at work, shouldn't you be working instead of wasting company time calling me about something so stupid?"

Comment

Quoth fma_fanatic View Post
      I'd be half tempted to say something like "Well, you got a spoon didn't you? Use it!" and hang up.
      "Madame, I would be more than happy to show you exactly what you should do with both your spoon and your piping-hot bowl of oatmeal, but, alas, you are not here and I would like to keep my job, such as it is"
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

The oatmeal fool just boggles the mind. "I spend $2.14 every day!" Good God, woman, are you insane, throwing away so much money---never mind, I couldn't keep a straight face typing that.

She has all the work done for her and yet if she has to stir it, it's the end of the world?
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
          Good God, woman, are you insane, throwing away so much money---
          Especially on a food product that once had the wonderfully appetizing name "Gruel"
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)

Comment

Quoth notlovinit View Post
            True, but he is there.. as I stated in the post he is within arms distance of me. He is right there at my window yelling at me to wait.

As for the people that hold the food out when you aren't there, at McDonalds it's coporate policy to do that. If our coporate bigwigs come by and catch us not doing it we get in trouble. I still don't though. The whole point of it is to make the customers move faster to come to the second window to get their food (you wouldn't believe how long some people take to pay, but that is another rant), but it doesn't really seem to help my customers and my arm gets tired so I don't do it. But I don't really care if I get in trouble with corporate. My franchise is so desperate to hold on to me that something like that isn't going to get me fired. But for others it might.
            I actually asked one of the workers at a McD's why they did that, they stated it was corporate policy, and I called corporate to ask - they said it wasn't - can you tell how shocked I am that they were lying?
            The Case of the Missing Mandrake; A Jude Derry, Sorceress Sleuth Mystery Available on Amazon.

Comment

Quoth Stormraven View Post
              I actually asked one of the workers at a McD's why they did that, they stated it was corporate policy, and I called corporate to ask - they said it wasn't - can you tell how shocked I am that they were lying?
              Really? That's what my owner/operator tells us. He says it's coporate policy and if anyone from coporate comes in and discovers that we aren't doing it we can get in trouble. That's really strange. I doubt the kid was lying to you. That's exactly what I've been told is that it's coporate policy so that's probably what he was told too. He's just passing on the lie.

Comment

or it's not policy but they will ding you for not doing it because it *is* on the checklist.
                I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Um, I was saying I"m not surprised the Corporate lied, not the kid.
                  The Case of the Missing Mandrake; A Jude Derry, Sorceress Sleuth Mystery Available on Amazon.

Comment

Pardon how rude this may sound, but there's gotta be something wrong with someone who not only expects quality food from McDonalds, but also goes around proclaiming that they eat there every single day.

I myself treat McDonalds like what it is. Junk food. Comfort food. A good treat on a Friday afternoon after a horrible week at work.
                    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Stormraven - Sorry, I get it now. Yeah, corporate lies a lot to us. They tell us to do one thing and then when a customer complains they apologize that we would even think of doing that. Jerks.
                      Blas - That doesn't sound rude at all. I think the same thing. Whenever someone makes some ridiculous complaint about the quality I'm always thinking, "Then go to Flemings and pay more than $3.23 for your entire meal."

Comment

I'm glad you agree it's not like I never eat there.....I usually do, once a week or every other week. It's not for the quality, it's because it's cheap comforting food.
                        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
                          it's because it's cheap comforting food.
                          Ditto. A couple of nice hot dollar cheeseburgers and a bottomless cup of carbonated CAFFEEEEEEEINNNNNNNNNNNE!.....$3.25

Can't beat that ^_^

Comment

"Super Size Me", anyone?
                            "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
                              Oatmeal lady could buy a whole container of oatmeal for $2.14 and you know, make it herself, to her own specifications.
                              for the next month. Geeze.
                              "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
                              "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Working...
                              X