X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magic refunds!

So whilst I was at the large supermarket a while back I got this call:

Me: Hello [supermarket] Beki speaking how may I help you?
    SC: Hi yes, I bought a bag of apples earlier today and some of them are rotten
    Me: I'm sorry to hear that, do you still have your receipt?
    SC: Yes I do
    Me: Well if you come back down to the store we can sort out a refund or exchange
    SC: I have to come back down?
    Me: Well I need to be able to see the item and your receipt
    SC: I live 10 miles away I can't just come in!
    Me: Well I can take a note of your name and number so next time your down we can sort it out
    SC: But I want it sorted NOW!
    Me: I'm sorry but I have to run it through our tills so I will need you here with the items
    SC: Can't you do it over the phone?
    Me: I wouldn't be able to refund you the money over the phone
    SC: Can't you put it onto my card?
    Me: Did you pay by card?
    SC: No I paid cash
    Me: I physically cannot do it over the phone, our systems won't accept it and you wouldn't be here to get your cash!
    SC: I just want this sorted, you should figure out how to get it to me! I'm not coming back in!

It went round in a circle like this for about 10 more minutes. I understand that there's a lot of countryside near us and she was quite far out but I was happy to give her my name and leave a note for next time she came in. She literally wanted me to somehow get cash to her over the phone. It's not even like she used a card we could re credit, and we would need that in front of us anyway to do it! I left a message for the manager in the end after finally getting off the phone with her. I don't know what happened in the end but i checked the price of the apples she bought and the amount of money to be refunded? 80p.
    My Crafting Profile http://www.craftster.org/forum/index...ofile;u=139859

10 miles? What is that, like a 15 minute drive? Sheesh. Lazy much?
    "Imagine that. Human souls, trapped like flies in the World Wide Web, stuck forever, crying out for help."-The Doctor
    "Isn't that basically Twitter?"-Clara

Comment

Quoth BamaBabe View Post
      10 miles? What is that, like a 15 minute drive? Sheesh. Lazy much?
      It's possible she came in on one of the dale buses which round near me are few and far between. But I agree, if she was that desperate for the refund she would have come back!

Comment

Dale buses? Are those like the buses in Mrs. Seeton? I love Emily Seeton!

Comment

Did she want you to mail the cash in an envelope or wire it to her or something? Wow.

Comment

Sometimes you need to be firm with these kind of people and give them a reality check.

"So ma'am I just want to make sure I understand you right, you want me to beam some money to you through the phone? If I could do that I wouldn't have to work here...."

It leads them into A) Realizing how stupid their request is or B) Them telling you what they want and how they want it, the correct way.
            Midori = Green and DelSol= My beloved Honda

Comment

Quoth jjc927 View Post
              Did she want you to mail the cash in an envelope or wire it to her or something? Wow.
              No, she wanted it faxed.

... or downloaded ...
              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

I'm sorry; the coins are too big to fit through the holes in the receiver.
                "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Teskeria View Post
                  Dale buses? Are those like the buses in Mrs. Seeton? I love Emily Seeton!
                  They're just normal buses, that service the Yorkshire dales. Sorry if that disappoints!

Comment

80p for a whole bag? You have some cheap apples there.

Comment

I've had that conversation.
                      The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

One of my biggest pet peeves is when people start to complain about the drive to and from a store, especally if it only takes twenty minutes at the most. I can understand a longer drive of forty minutes or more, or even by public transit, but I used to have to drive thirty to thirty-five minutes just to get to work on a good day. So, yea. >.<

I thought it was illegal to put a card number over the phone? I know at my store we can't unless we want to get something worse then a firing.
                        Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

Quoth sirwired View Post
                          80p for a whole bag? You have some cheap apples there.
                          They were on half price offer at the time

Comment

"Ugh, you mean I have to come back?!"

Only if you want your money.
                            you are = you're. not "your".

Comment

Working...
                            X