This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some SC's I've Been Saving Up

Some from today and others I've forgotten to post within the past month or so.

This is Why I Love Coworker S

She doen't put up with any shit from SC's.

CW: Hi, how ar-
    SC: BOOOOO!!! BOOOOOO!!!!
    CW: ......Go ahead.
    SC: Fruit roll-up!
    CW: Pardon?
    SC: Cheese fruit roll-up! Hurhurhurrr!
    CW: A CHEESE roll up?
    SC: Cheese FRUIT roll-up! Hurhurr!
    CW: Look. Order correctly or go home. Your pick.
    SC: Damn! What a bitch!
    CW: Looks like you picked. Bye!
    SC: WAIT! NONONONONONONO I'M SORRYYYY!!! I want a cheese roll-up and a beef supreme chalupa!
    CW: Ok. Second window.
    Me: Coworker S, you're awesome

I hate you...

SC: Hi, I want (expensive items #1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9).
    Me: Ok. Is that it?
    SC: Actually, take off (item #9)
    Me: Ok.
    SC: And (item #4)
    Me: Alright.
    SC: And (#1, 5, 8)
    Me: Ok....
    SC: Actually, can you delete it all?
    Me: .....*mad because I'm going to get in trouble for all those deletions*
    SC: Let's start over.
    Me: Proceed.
    SC: I want (#9, 7, 4, 6, 2)
    Me: ........(REALLY???? I deleted that shit for NOTHING??!!!!)
    SC: And (#5, 3, 8, 1). That's it.
    Me: That's EXACTLY WHAT YOU ORDERED BEFORE.
    SC: Oh...so it is.
    Me:

It's illegal to talk at work

Today I was happy about something (YAY) and decided to tell a coworker/friend about it as we made food. We're both damn fast cooks and were still getting orders out quickly.

SC: Hey! You girls can have giggly gossip time later! This is work, not high school!

So....high school isn't work? High school is for "giggly gossip time"? Then why wasn't high school more fun?

Nice tr-....oh dammit...

Lady orders 12 tacos with NO LETTUCE.
    Boss Man confirms order multiple times.
    Lady gets her food.
    Lady comes inside whining to Bitch about how she wanted lettuce on half her tacos.
    Bitch bows down to the mighty customer and gives her free shit.
    Boss Man gets pissed and says "She was full of shit which is exactly what I would have given her".

If you suck at scamming so bad, that my boss who fears the almighty customer wouldn't have caved, you need to try a different scam.

For serious???

Our lovely District Manager who I love so dearly gave us a new rule. Now, we have to ask for the name of each customer and punch it in with the order. This way, the cooks can call a name instead of an order number. In theory, it seems like a good idea. Key words: "in theory". Calling a name avoids the "I forgot my numberrrrr" and makes it seem more personal. The fatal flaw in this idea is the teeny problem of getting the name. This one, small question created an endless supply of SC's. People don't understand that the name they give will pop up with the order and be deleted with the order, never to be seen again. They think we are going to secretly use their name for some diabolical scheme Taco Bell has cooked up to trick innocent customers into spending more money.

CW: What's your name?
    SC: What?!!! WHY!!!
    CW: It's to put with your order so we can call you when it's ready.
    SC: Yeah right! I'm not giving you my name!
    CW: Mam, you can give me a fake name for all I care you just have to remember it.
    SC: I ain't givin you shit! Deal with it! I'm not as stupid as you thing!!
    CW: Ok then. I am putting you under "Margret". Remember that name, please.

Irked

CW: Hi, how are-
    SC: HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!
    CW: Good, go ahe-
    SC: Okkkaayyyyyyyyy!!! I waaaannnttttt a nacho bellgrandeeeeee with extra sour creeeeeaaammmmm and no beeeeaaaaannnn and no beeeeeaaannnnn
    CW: Wait, so no beans or beef?
    SC: NOOOOOOO!!!! NO BBEEEEEAAANNNNN!!!!!!
    CW: Ok...
    SC: And a LLAAARRGGGEEE Mountain DEEWWWWWW
    CW: You said a Mount-
    SC: LAAARRRGGGEEEE!!!!
    CW: I got tha-
    SC: LLAAAAAAAAARRRGGGGGGGEEEE!!!!!
    CW: I KNOW! FOR GOD SAKES I KNOW!
    SC: heeheeheee stupid bitch heeheehee
    SC2: you pisser her off heeheehee good job heehee
    CW: That it?
    SC: YEEEAHHHHHHH!!!
    CW: Second window. I can hear when you talk softly by the way.....
    SC:
    SC2:
    Me:
    CW:

Annnd end
    Answers: $1
    Correct Answers: $2
    Answers that require thought: $5
    Dumb looks are still free.

Quoth Kisa View Post

For serious???

Our lovely District Manager who I love so dearly gave us a new rule. Now, we have to ask for the name of each customer and punch it in with the order. This way, the cooks can call a name instead of an order number. In theory, it seems like a good idea. Key words: "in theory". Calling a name avoids the "I forgot my numberrrrr" and makes it seem more personal. The fatal flaw in this idea is the teeny problem of getting the name. This one, small question created an endless supply of SC's. People don't understand that the name they give will pop up with the order and be deleted with the order, never to be seen again. They think we are going to secretly use their name for some diabolical scheme Taco Bell has cooked up to trick innocent customers into spending more money.

CW: What's your name?
    SC: What?!!! WHY!!!
    CW: It's to put with your order so we can call you when it's ready.
    SC: Yeah right! I'm not giving you my name!
    CW: Mam, you can give me a fake name for all I care you just have to remember it.
    SC: I ain't givin you shit! Deal with it! I'm not as stupid as you thing!!
    CW: Ok then. I am putting you under "Margret". Remember that name, please.
    I would so introduce myself there as Penis McFartburger, just so I got to hear the counter person holler out "penis!" when my order is ready.

Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Kisa View Post
      This is Why I Love Coworker S

She doen't put up with any shit from SC's.

CW: Hi, how ar-
      SC: BOOOOO!!! BOOOOOO!!!!
      CW: ......Go ahead.
      SC: Fruit roll-up!
      CW: Pardon?
      SC: Cheese fruit roll-up! Hurhurhurrr!
      CW: A CHEESE roll up?
      SC: Cheese FRUIT roll-up! Hurhurr!
      CW: Look. Order correctly or go home. Your pick.
      SC: Damn! What a bitch!
      CW: Looks like you picked. Bye!
      SC: WAIT! NONONONONONONO I'M SORRYYYY!!! I want a cheese roll-up and a beef supreme chalupa!
      CW: Ok. Second window.
      Me: Coworker S, you're awesome
      Do they make these in store models too, or just fast food? Because I'd like to order a coworker like that for my store.

Comment

Coworker S is awesome.

Hubby hates the name thing. Hubby's name is Micah, pronounced m-EYE-kah. Usually, they misunderstand him and put Michael. Or the person calling his name out says Mee-kah. There's lots of Micha's as well. I keep telling him he should just use his middle name, or make something up. This is why he prefers the numbers. Of course, he's never SC when they get his name wrong, though. As long as he gets his food he's happy. (We were shocked when, on Tuesday, local take-n-bake pizza place not only got his name right, but they even spelled it correctly on the receipt!)
        Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

My GF shortens her name down for those, I'm lucky enough that I have a common name, and my friends with unusual names will generally just go with something off the wall.

This sounds like a case of silly managers running into a good implementation, and taking away nothing but a random detail.

The frozen yogurt places that have cropped up everywhere (lead by red mango, copied by pink berry et all) use this system, however, they also manage to make a fairly warm and inviting location (well, red mango does). As opposed to generic US fast food which is all stark lightning, white, and no where NEAR comfortable.

I have also seen some starbucks start using the system, but again, they want you to hang out there for a while and be comfortable.

Comment

The KFC near my house does names for orders. Since no one ever spells my name right, I generally just go with a fake name. A hard consonant at the beginning also makes it easier to hear them call it. I think they tend to speak up when the word starts like that.
            The Case of the Missing Mandrake; A Jude Derry, Sorceress Sleuth Mystery Available on Amazon.

Comment

Friend of mine was at What-a-burger one time and his name is Jacques. The server called out his name as Jack-kwees.

Comment

this is why i always use Treasure... its funny to watch the look on their face - like they can't figure out if i'm being serious, or if they should draw their own conclusions as to my alt. life style - really it doesn't matter - just call it out...
                I am well versed in the "gentle" art of verbal self-defense

Once is an accident; Twice is coincidence; Thrice is a pattern.

http://www.gofundme.com/treasurenathanwedding

Comment

Quoth Stormraven View Post
                  Since no one ever spells my name right, I generally just go with a fake name.
                  I do the same thing. Although one time at Starbucks I gave my actual name without thinking, and the guy looked at me, squinted a bit and then spelled my name correctly! I spent the rest of the day wondering how he knew. Never did figure it out.
                  "Redheads have at least a 95% chance of being gorgeous. They're also concentrated evil." - Irv

"This is all strange, uncharted territory and your hamster only has three legs." - Gravekeeper

Comment

One time at some restaurant they asked my mom for a name. They didn't ask for her name, so she said "Gertrude". lol It's been a family joke ever since, and when her best friend called, she'd tell us to tell Mom it was Gertrude on the phone.
                    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Ellf View Post
                      Friend of mine was at What-a-burger one time and his name is Jacques. The server called out his name as Jack-kwees.
                      My name frequently gets mangled to be 'Earl'.
                      I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                      -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Mr. Bellsdown has those issues with places that call his name. They never, ever, ever get it right.

His name is Ben.

He has receipts with names like Bean, Beat, Beed, Burn ... I don't even know where they come up with those.

Comment

Back in my fast food days, once I became a long-time employee, I occasionally was able to tell immature drive-thru "customers" to ether shape up or go elsewhere. Good for CW S for handing that situation.

As to customers who don't want to give their name, I would have a selection ready, such as "Ann Nonymous", "Al Ias", "John Doe", and the like and offer to the customer to use one of them instead.

Comment

Quoth thansal View Post
                            As opposed to generic US fast food which is all stark lightning, white, and no where NEAR comfortable.
                            There's a reason for that. They don't want you to hang around. It's also why they keep the dining area so cold in the summertime and so stifling hot in winter. They want you to get your shit, eat, and leave - without being obvious about it.

Comment

I've always had a problem with places mangling my name when they ask for it, and it never once occurred to me to use a much-easier alias, as my common alias (Andara, of course) gets just as mangled as my actual name.

But I have another, more fun alias that is very difficult to mangle: Bubbles. I'm going to start using that for sign-ins and the like. I'll throw it at the Fuddrucker's people next time I go in.

^-.-^
                              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                              X