Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maybe if the holes in your ears were bigger you could hear me.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe if the holes in your ears were bigger you could hear me.

First a little background info to help with my story. We accept traveler checks at my work. The most common one we get are american express ones. For some reason this year they changed the way we have to put them in the computer. Before you just hit a button that said "Business/Traveler Check", put in the amount of the check and put the check through the scanner. I'd check that the signature on the check matched the customers I.D. and that was it. Now every time someone has one I have to call in an authorization code. When the American Express people give me the code I then have to put it in the computer and write it on the check. It takes a couple minutes longer then it use to take. 98% of the people are very patient while we do all that. Not these 2 guys.

SC1: Sucky Customer 1
    SC2: Sucky Customer 2
    Me

Me: Hello.
    SC1: Hi. I'm paying with a travelers check. Is that ok?
    Me: Yes sir.
    I ring up all his items and give him the total. He pulls out an American Express travelers check and signs it.
    Me: Ok I just have to go call in this check and get a confirmation code. It will just take one minute.
    SC2: Wait a second. What do you mean "call it in"? Its a check. You shouldn't have to call in checks.
    Me: For these ones I do. The computer won't process it unless I have a confirmation code. It will only take me a minute to do it.
    SC1: I wouldn't have written the check if I knew it was going to be this big of a deal.
    I wanted to tell him I could have already had the code and been back in the time it took them to complain but I just smiled and went to the phone. As I'm calling the number the phone kept messing up. I would only get like 4 out of the 10 numbers I needed. I decided to try the phone in the managers office but I went to explain to the SC's what was happening.
    Me: I'm sorry but I can't hear the code on the phone at customer service so I'm going to try another one. It will be just one more second.
    SC1:Ohmygod! What the hell is wrong with you people?
    Me: I'm sorry again. Ill have it as soon as I can.
    Here you need to know one more thing. I have gauged ears. But there very small gauges. Like I can barely put my pinkie through my ear. I've never had anyone at work comment on them before.
    SC2: Maybe if the holes in her ears were bigger she could hear better!
    SC1: Hahahahahaha! I know right. She's so dumb. She has holes in her ears she still can't hear.
    This was news to me that having gauged ears would effect my actual hearing.
    Me: I'm sorry for the wait but you don't need to be rude.
    SC1: Just get the code so I can get the hell out of here!

I quickly got the code and came back to register. I checked them out and wished them a nice day. Even as they were walking out they were still giggling and talking about me having holes in my ears but still not being able to hear.

Yeah. That one ranks just below the "if it doesn't scan it's free" line, right?

Some people aren't nearly the comedians they think they are.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post

WORD. We have to ask for phone numbers at my work and it's always the dirty old men or nasty slobs who go "but I'm married" or "so you gonna call me up later?". They don't get why their oh so funny joke is met by my vacant, emotionless stare. Do they seriously think they're the first ones ever to say that?
      Midori = Green and DelSol= My beloved Honda

Comment

Haha I always get the ones where I say "It's $x.xx" and they say "No it's not, it's (insert time of day) hur hur"

Comment

You should have look at them sympathetically, smiled like you would at a 3 year old and said in your nicest voice 'Oh that's a good one. I heard it yesterday from a 4 year old.'

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
            Yeah. That one ranks just below the "if it doesn't scan it's free" line, right?

^-.-^
            Maw, I've heard that line soooooo many times. >.< And all of them act like they're the only ones who ever thought of it.

Comment

Working...
            X