This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• But they pinch my fingers...

We have a regular customer we cannot stand. Some of his particular gems include buying a bunch of things like a beach ball, box of clothing dye, hairbrush, returning them an hour later because he "forgot" that his wife gave him the money to buy food.

He once removed a surfing magazine from it's cellophane packaging and didn't "understand" why we made him buy the magazine even though he"already read it."

We repeatedly have to remind him that his EBT card can only buy food. Every single times he "forgets" and tries to buy cat food or toilet paper or whatever.

Today he came in and bought some rubber gloves, he told me that he had a job cleaning windows. Hours later he returns with the obviously used gloves. They are too small and pinch his fingers he tells me.

I tell him that he should have returned them immediately as we cannot take used merchandise back. He then says in a snarky tone, "I don't see why, don't you like get credit for them, like with expired food."

When I tell him no, he goes back into his whiny rant about how they pinch his little fingers and that he has to clean more windows tomorrow. He finally gets the hint and buys another pair of gloves, thankfully, he didn't try to return those.
    My Horror Blog

Cinemania

On top of it, no, stores don't always get credit for expired food.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I know, the only things we can send back for credit are dairy, soda, beer and produce. Nothing else.
      My Horror Blog

Cinemania

Comment

Your SC has a glove that he says is too small. Is it OJ?
        To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

What blows my mind in cases like these is that the guy spent more money on gas to return to the store than the item he wants to return is worth.

And that's not even factoring in his time wasted.

Comment

Generally speaking, at my store, we get credit for anything that comes from a vendor, as they are responsible for writing their own orders. Anything WE order, no credit. We do have to write it off but too many write offs result in a shrink in the boss's bonus. And we ALL know, if the boss loses her bonus, she isn't happy. And if she isn't happy, no one is happy. So, yeah jerkwad, that sandwich you just microwaved, ate half of, then said you didn't like so you're not paying, not only did I have to dig the wrapper out of the garbage since you threw it away (before microwaving...he had no intention of paying) but now the boss will be in a fowl mood tomorrow because it's a 5 freaking dollar sammich!!!!!!
            And why do they keep the employees in a cage? The same reason they keep lions, tigers and bears in a cage, to keep them from culling the herd. -Dark Psion

Comment

Most of the time at the c-store things get wasted out on the register--that is, put into the system as waste when they expire or are damaged. The exceptions would be milk, beer, and soda, which come from individual vendors that can give us credit. I've seen my manager and assistant manager throw out unbelievable amounts of wasted product before, so, no, SC was wrong. Very, very wrong.
              "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

Way back when I was working at Walmart, some items could be damaged out to the vendor for credit. The thing was, as my manager explained to me, we had to have both an intact barcode and an intact (relatively) product to get the credit. Product but unreadable/missing barcode? No dice. Empty package with barcode and no product? No dice. Made me really hate the people who would steal Pokemon cards and leave the empty wrappers all over my department, because we couldn't get anything back for the empty packages.
                "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Working...
                X