This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheap Coupon Abusers

We got a promotional sale going on that involves coupons. In addition it's also a sales free tax week. Our store ad explains that only one ad with coupons per customer because we tend to run out before the end of the sale so we don't get any complaints or frustrated customers. However, people tend to ignore that to be a cheap as possible.

Me:
    SD: Sucky daughter
    SM: sucky mother

Me: Hello, did you find everything that you were looking for?
    SD: yes, thank you
    Me: * ring up all her items, as the SD gives me her coupons. I ring up the coupons and tell her her total. she pays, but as I was about to tell her to have a nice day*
    SD: Oh I need to make these other orders? 6 for me and 6 for my mom. we got coupons for all of the items.
    Me:
    (keep in mind that these are the same excact items she had purchased previous order and now she's using another same coupons from the ad. In other words, she took more than one ad for 12 transactions!)
    Me: mam, do you know that it's one ad per customer?
    SD: no I was not told and I did not see the sign. Can you please make this an exception.
    * So I called the manager and told her about it and she told me to just to go through it anyway*
    * So I did*
    *I rang up 12 transactions with those coupons and it took me to finish her transactions in 30 f*ckin minutes. Thats not all, She also paid with Foodstamps for all of them*( my manager was watching the whole thing)
    Me: ok, that all the orders.
    SD: thank you, and I might come back to get more of these items with coupons before the sale ends. Thank you!
    SM: Thank you mam, I might come back as well.
    Me: You have a wonderful day.

* As soon as they left, my manager approached me and said*
    M: I thought she was gonna make only 2 transactions. Not 12.
    Me: Yes, and she used 30 minutes of my time as well.
    M: Allright, If anyone else wants another transaction on the same product, tell them that they will have to leave your register and go to another register, because we cannot have them hold up the line for any other customer.
    Me: Sure thing M.

*if SD or SM comes back to my register with the same coupons again, I WILL NOT SERVICE THEM.

Last edited by Evil Cashier 411; 08-08-2011, 04:29 AM.

Situations like this are how I got suspended from the grocery store. Well, not the only reason, it was a customer complaint. Because I made her feel guilty about using too many coupons (against the rules anyway) and by doing so, I was "taking food out of my childrens' mouths!"

We had these 4 coupon deals, but you could only use ONE of each of the 4.

By a few weeks, I was sick and tired of seeing entire families scamming by having each family member do seperate transactions of the 4 items, people leave and come back and get 4 more, leave and come back and get 4 more, one or two idiots even change clothes or put a coat on to try and disguise themselves.......for Christ Sake.

You needed a manager over-ride if the person blatantly had more than one of the 4 items. This dumb bitch and her brood of kids had at least 8 of each. And she demanded to know why I needed a manager. All I told her was that you were only supposed to have one of each, but a manager can override. So then she started screaming "So what I am doing is wrong?" and then it went into how her kids needed food (yeah, they really need Doritos and Pepsi).

Then the dumb bitch called the store when she got home, complained about me, etc. I refused to sign the write up because I was going to fire back a rebuttal. I needed a copy of the complaint. In the complaint, it stated how she spoke of living closer to competitor grocery store, but choosing Pick N Save instead, but not anymore if they are going to have rude people like me working there. And she got a TON of freebies.

FUCKING BITCH.

It still riles me up to this day.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

So then she started screaming "So what I am doing is wrong?" and then it went into how her kids needed food (yeah, they really need Doritos and Pepsi

Thats exactly my point. Thats why I call it CHEAP FOODSTAMP TRASH. The coupons were for candy. Thats all that she bought!!! GRRRR.
      Last edited by Evil Cashier 411; 08-08-2011, 04:45 AM.

Comment

The thing that floored me was that, the items that were on sale weren't even that nutritious (save for eggs and bread one week). It was mostly pop, chips, cookies, JUNK. Which sure, I eat my own fair share of, but that was no valid argument for her to use. Oh, I was preventing her kids from chugging 8 12 packs of Pepsi and eating 8 bags of Doritos.

Comment

Jeez, I hate when people do this. I will admit that I coupon and I get a good deal of free things and get my bill down really low, but I will NEVER clear a shelf or do anything that the coupon doesn't allow. I hate shelf cleaners. I once had to go to THREE different grocery stores to find the product I was looking for because of these people. It's not cool to buy 50 of the coupons and then use them to clear the shelves. I buy 1-2 of each item with my coupons and I still have a fairly good sized stockpile. It's not necessary to be inconsiderate and rude to cashiers or break any rules to save a lot of money. Grrrr. Ok sorry, end of rant. I just really hate those extreme couponers. They make it hard for the rest of us.

Comment

I don't coupon. Someone gave me a load of manufacturer's coupons, and I finally went to go use them since they were due to expire. Trapped on a register for 20 minutes- the only thing that kept me there, under the withering glares of the people behind me, was the fact that she wouldn't give me back my damn coupons and they were worth 50 dollars. Real food too, mostly soup with a bit of juice.

Never. Again.

Comment

Why wouldn't she give your coupons back, Sleepwalker?

Also, blas, I can't believe you got in trouble for following the rules! All you did was call the manager. That's worth getting written up? I would've gotten talked to if I hadn't called a manager. PnS is backwards. I don't like shopping there at all, and now I know not to ever apply for a job there. Thanks for the save.
              Last edited by Food Lady; 08-08-2011, 06:42 AM.
              "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

That place was the first place I ever worked where I realized that any rule can be broken to satisfy the almighty scamming, trashy customer.

Comment

I'm really beginning to hate the coupon abusers too. Around here there are some newspaper machines that will sell the Sunday paper all week. A couple weeks ago after I left the gym I walked over there to get one because I wanted the coupons. After I put my money in, I realized that someone had removed the coupons from every one of the papers in there. I was PISSED.

I saw on Craigslist a while back, some woman was looking for a partner to go "recycle bin diving" to look for coupons. Really? Is this what the world is coming to?

I guess I am going to have to start having the paper delivered to my home to get the damned coupons, assuming someone doesn't steal them out of my paper before I go out and get it. Yes, I've heard of that happening, too.

Comment

The diaper couponers are the worst at my store. There's like umteen different varieties of diaper sizes, box sizes, and prints. Coupons are highly specific, like 2 dollars off Pampers brand size 2-4 value box (176 count) etc. You would think that is simple enough to read right?

Nope, I get coupons for pampers on huggies, coupons for the huge value boxes on the small packages, coupons that need you to buy BOTH diapers AND wipes on just one of the 2....I could go on. I know my fellow cashiers rarely check them, but I do, and it pisses the customers off. Ma'am you need to get wipes too, ma'am this coupon says one per customer and you gave me two...

When I was working security at my store we had a woman try to use a coupon for a free small box of diapers on the most expensive pack we offered. We told her she was wrong. She pulled out receipts from several other stores that did it for her. She was PREPARED because she knew she was scamming. My manager stood by my decision and the woman vowed to call corporate.
                    Midori = Green and DelSol= My beloved Honda

Comment

Quoth laborcat View Post
                      I'm really beginning to hate the coupon abusers too. Around here there are some newspaper machines that will sell the Sunday paper all week. A couple weeks ago after I left the gym I walked over there to get one because I wanted the coupons. After I put my money in, I realized that someone had removed the coupons from every one of the papers in there. I was PISSED.
                      This is theft. If the newspaper people ever caught someone doing this, they would prosecute.
                      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I HATE HATE HATE HATE cheap people, especially the ones that abuse the system and ruin it for everyone else!!
                        I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                        Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                        Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth MidoriDelSol View Post
                          The diaper couponers are the worst at my store.
                          Ugh. And they make it difficult on those of us who want to use the coupons legitimately.

My problem, sadly, is that the diaper coupons are never programmed into the system right. It'll say something like "Jumbo pack or larger," but when I grab the larger pack, it won't scan properly. Or while showing a picutre of the newest variety of wipes, it'll say "X off any wipes package" with absolutely no size/scent specifications, and yet it won't ring up on the variety I prefer (same brand). Having been a cashier, I do read the coupons carefully to make sure things are covered right, but the diaper/wipe coupons never seem to ring up right. Luckily I've yet to have a cashier or manager disagree with me when I point out that the coupon should be working on a particular product.
                          "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                          - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Working...
                          X