Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Requesting further action on £1.50 for an internal matter? Really?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Requesting further action on £1.50 for an internal matter? Really?

(Note: I do accounts and have only been with the company a few months)

I am normally the most pedantic person I ever meet. For example I've agreed a low £XX.XX write off level on customer deductions and anything over that I try to sort out. If its too difficult I might ask if I can get it written off but generally I stick to principles and try to get it back.

I was feeling bad about sending a second email to someone asking them to pay back around £50. And then I got this customer:

1. Customer issued a deduction note to us in Early 2010. Value under £2

2. Mid 2010 - Accounts issue a credit note for about £0.50. (This surprises me but hey, not my time taken to do it - I would have just written it off as an adjustment.)

3. Today - Customer asks me for copy credit note along with a couple of other invoices and credits. I send it over.

4. Customer comes back to me saying that she thinks we under credited by a whopping £1.50 and could I take another look at the credit note.

5. I say to Customer that the paperwork is in archive and I can't access the paperwork right now, can she just make the deduction from the next payment if they haven't already.

6. Customer says "Oh, we did already, i just need the extra £1.50 to tie up on our internal system.

/facepalm.

I know its nice to have everything to the penny but as long as I'm not chasing for that £1.50 to be paid back I really don't see the problem. Currently I'm working on issues that make this about 0.001% of the outstanding issues to be sorted - it won't be a high priority.
    I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Doesn't it make you want to tell these people, "For pete's sake, just journal it out already. You've wasted more than that on this phone call."

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Absolutely. I was fighting myself not to say exactly that!
      I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

Working...
      X