This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth EricKei View Post
    I still cannot comprehend people not washing after using the facilities, especially my fellow guys...I mean, do you REALLY want to transfer whatever happens to be on the surface of your willy to your face/hair (everybody seems to fix their damn hair while they're in there), computer, desk, steering wheel...or worst of all, the FOOD that you're about to eat?

Geez... >_< le barf
    This. So much. People need to wash their dang hands-not washing is how a lot of diseases and such easily get spread, and it's just plain gross!

Comment

Quoth Clover View Post
      Still, at least scrub up once, it's disgusting not to wash your hands after you've used the restroom!
      Quoth Seshat View Post
      ...and from a general hygiene point of view, any excuse to wash your hands is a good one.
      There are a lot of everyday things people do all the time that leave more disgusting things on their hands than a typical trip to the restroom. Which is why I, like Seshat, always wash my hands when I have the opportunity.

^-.-^
      Last edited by Andara Bledin; 08-19-2011, 04:37 PM.
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
        There are a lot of everyday things people do all the time that leave more disgusting things on their hands than a typical trip to the restroom.
        Aye. Unfortunately for all of us, handling money is one of them...
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post

Maybe Donita Sparks had been there buying gas earlier.
          "I'm just so psycho, I'd do anything, just challenge me!"

This may have to be my new motto.
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
            I still cannot comprehend people not washing after using the facilities, especially my fellow guys...I mean, do you REALLY want to transfer whatever happens to be on the surface of your willy to your face/hair (everybody seems to fix their damn hair while they're in there), computer, desk, steering wheel...or worst of all, the FOOD that you're about to eat?

Geez... >_< le barf
            Personally, I like to wash my dirty hands before handling my clean willy. I don't want it to get all dirty. I wash afterwards too.
            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

I always wash my hands after using the ladies room, but I also use a paper towel to open the door to leave. I"m not touching that handle knowing there are some nasty women out there who think they will shrink up and die if water goes anywhere near their hands.

At the call center I worked at, a memo went out that one of the ladies room had nearly every inch of it covered in feces and the cleaning crew quit rather than clean that up so if the person who did it was ever caught they would have the money used to clean up the mess withheld from their last paycheck and it would be their last paycheck since they would also be fired on the spot. I don't know if they ever caught the walking waste of space and oxygen.

Don't even get me started on those people who leave their nasty kid's dirty diaper in places no normal person would think to leave such a thing and/or smear the contents of said diaper on every surface in arms reach.
              Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

Quoth Misanthropical View Post
                but I also use a paper towel to open the door to leave.
                I do that all the time. When I think to do so, I use paper towels to turn the faucets on/off, as well. After all, when people DO wash their hands, what's the first thing they touch before they've actually washed them...?

Come to think of it, my former boss at the accounting place was a non-hand washer (I've been in the stall and heard him come in, and leave with no water ever flowing). All the more reason I did my best to avoid shaking his hand whenever possible. To me, this told me more about his personality than just about any of the ethically questionably things he ever did. (nb: not washing your hands has nothing to do with ethics. It's just a lack of class/hygiene)

... if the person who did it was ever caught they would have the money used to clean up the mess withheld from their last paycheck and it would be their last paycheck since they would also be fired on the spot.
                I love how they assume that workers did this, when it's more common -- and more likely -- that it would be done by someone who would never return >>
                Last edited by EricKei; 08-25-2011, 10:59 PM.
                "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)

Comment

EricKei I never thought about the faucets. I am going to use paper towels on them from now on.

The mess had to be caused by one of the workers, since I worked in a call center that customers never stepped foot in.
                  Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

Our call center has hand sanitzer machines right near the restroom doors...I always use them. Not that I'm not going to just tough everything else in the place afterward, but...
                    "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

EricKei I never thought about the faucets. I am going to use paper towels on them from now on.
                      I get my paper towels prepped before I turn on the water.. then wash my hands, dry them, and then turn off the faucet with the paper towel. Thus, the only thing I touch after washing is the paper towel itself.

^-.-^
                      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I like to use paper towels on the faucet handles and doors and all myself as well, and even after I get out of the bathroom, even though I have not touched anything, I will still use hand sanitizer (I keep a small bottle in my bag at all times) because I just don't trust a lot of surfaces. Did you guys know that computer keyboards and mice are among some of the filthiest surfaces in a home or office?

Comment

The mess had to be caused by one of the workers, since I worked in a call center that customers never stepped foot in.
                          Double squick. I wonder what the mystery messer does in their own home, then? >_> Maybe this person was trying to get fired and wanted to leave with a bang (why is it that that sort of thing always hurts people OTHER than their intended target?)

Also, I really hope that the poor guy who had to clean it up had HAZMAT certification and gear; if not, I really have to wonder about the legality of making him do it...

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                            Double squick. I wonder what the mystery messer does in their own home, then? >_> Maybe this person was trying to get fired and wanted to leave with a bang (why is it that that sort of thing always hurts people OTHER than their intended target?)

Also, I really hope that the poor guy who had to clean it up had HAZMAT certification and gear; if not, I really have to wonder about the legality of making him do it...
                            Agreed. Anyone who does something harmful to their former co-workers just so they can leave an impression is just juvenile, immature and needs to be smacked over the head with a 2x4 that has nails in it.

Comment

Working...
                            X