This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My EARS! Part 2

(original thread is in sightings somewhere).

I have a maltitol and chocolate sensitivity (on top of all the other various allergies and sensitivities to food I already have). I had eaten 2 pieces of sugar free chocolate that had maltitol in it and was feeling awful. I had a really horrible migraine-that-isn't-a-migraine: sensitivity to light and noise, a headache, exhaustion, but not enough to knock me flat as a "true" migraine does to those who suffer from them. (unless there are varying degrees of migraine that I'm not aware of. But you get the general gist.)

Anyway, windchimes are on sale for 75% off this week. This one woman was digging through them. These windchimes are near the battery section. I am at the register closest to the door. There is a good 20 feet between us.

DING CLING CRASH BRING DING.

*moan*

She finds one she likes and brings it up.

DING CLASH CRASH BRING DING TING A LING.

Ooops! She changes her mind, goes back and digs through the chimes again.

DING CLASH CRASH BRING DING TING A LING RING RING.

*moan louder*

She likes the one she originally brought. She walks back up.

DING CLASH CRASH BRING DING TING A LING RING RING CLINK.

Ooops, she changes her mind again. Now she's holding up two, moving them around, trying to pick between the star or the "faith" chime.

DING CLASH CRASH BRING DING TING A LING RING RING CLINK TINK! DING CLASH CRASH BRING DING TING A LING RING RING CLINK TINK!

By now the other customers in my line are worried about me because I have my eyes squeezed shut and am moaning "make it stop". Woman goes with a really awful, high pitched hummingbird chime that is the windchime equivalent of nails on a chalkboard. She gets in line and is swinging it from her hand and remarking how pretty it is.

DING CLASH CRASH BRING DING TING A LING RING RING CLINK TINK CLING RING BRING A DING A LING A LING CRASH CLASH TINGLE TINGLE TINGLE

When she comes to my line I quickly stuff the chime into a bag and hand it to her.

Blessed relief.
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

I hate it when we have obnoxiously noisy stuff and they won't stop playing with them, particularly if we have a headache or something-ugh, it drives me mad. I have very sensitive hearing, and it drives me absolutely bonkers when someone (usually a kid) has one of those singing toys or one of those things that makes loud squealing noises or whatever and won't stop messing with it. I want to grab it from them and smack them with it!

Comment

This reminds me of the time when my store made us put on display 2 of those dumb singing fishes, omg, you'd have thought that the sc's had discovered gold the way they would run to them and press the button over and over to get them to sing. Corporate told us we had keep them on no matter what, but we got over that by just letting the batteries run out on them, it was sooo nice not having to listen to them singing and flapping all over the place.

Comment

*winces*

One Christmas, my store had a load of weird singing and dancing turkeys near the checkouts. The bird (complete with Santa hat) stood on a kind of base with a button on it, and when the button was pressed - as it was, constantly - it would break into a kind of galloping dance, accompanied by a shrill rendition of 'The Whistler and His Dog'. http://youtu.be/mwrX-Skl4Bg

No, I don't know why either.
        Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Quoth ralerin View Post
          (original thread is in sightings somewhere).

I had a really horrible migraine-that-isn't-a-migraine: sensitivity to light and noise, a headache, exhaustion, but not enough to knock me flat as a "true" migraine does to those who suffer from them. (unless there are varying degrees of migraine that I'm not aware of. But you get the general gist.)
          There are certainly varying degrees of migraine. Some severe headaches are not migraine and some migraines are not all that severe.
          Women can do anything men can.
          But we don't because lots of it's disgusting.
          Maxine

Comment

Quoth ralerin View Post
            . I had a really horrible migraine-that-isn't-a-migraine: sensitivity to light and noise, a headache, exhaustion, but not enough to knock me flat as a "true" migraine does to those who suffer from them. (unless there are varying degrees of migraine that I'm not aware of.
            Quoth Sparky View Post
            There are certainly varying degrees of migraine. Some severe headaches are not migraine and some migraines are not all that severe.
            yup you can even get migraines WITHOUT a headache-I do get those from time to time, they are really freaky to experience....

types of migraines
            Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Try these,only 6db reduction but that's more than enough for your situation.It'll kill that sound but allow you to hear voices so you can still communicate.
              I'm a musician & have used 'em,been very happy.
              "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you.This is the principal difference between a man and a dog"

Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
              X