This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• But We Get it Every Other Time!!

Busy, busy, BUSY night at the c-store tonight. I sold $274.00 in lottery scratchers, if that tells you anything. Anyway, a little background: our specialty pizzas are on sale for, basically $2 off the normal price this month. That special is, as clearly marked on our signage, not valid with any other offer, such as a coupon. Clear enough, right? Not to one SC! She sent her daughter (SCD), in to pick up & pay for the pizza. This is where the story starts.

ME: *general sort of warm greeting* Is this all for you tonight? *rings up order, scans coupon, etc, gives total, which is around $17.00*
    SCD: Oh...Um *looks at $15 in her hand* Isn't it supposed to be less? It is every other time we get it.
    ME: No, I'm sorry, but you'll have to pay full price for your large, since you're using a coupon for the medium.
    SCD: Oh...Um...I need to go get more money *leaves store*
    Minutes later, SC enters, and the real fun begins.
    SC: *snaps* What's this about?
    ME: Hi there *gives total* Please.
    SC: *points outside in general direction of the sign that is attached to our building* It says <sale price>!!
    ME: I'm sorry, but since you're using a coupon, you'll have to pay the regular price for your large.
    SC: It shouldn't be though! *rantrabblerant*
    ME: I'm sorry, ma'am, but that's how the computer rang it up when I scanned your coupon
    SC: *attempting to glare me into submission* But we get it for the sale price every other time!
    ME: Well, I'm sorry about that.
    SC: We've gotten it dozens of times before! *huffs* Fine. How much is it?

I tell her the price again, and guess what? She pays me with a $20!! Oh, and the amount she was squabbling over? Roughly $2.12. Yeah. I really hope she complains to my manager on this, because my manager will definitely have my back, since, you know, I was doing my job correctly and all. Yeah,,,that's just a sampling of my night. That doesn't include having to clean shit off of the toilets in both bathrooms, or finding, of all things, CORN on the men's room floor. I am SO glad I have tomorrow off!!
    "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Quoth BrenDAnn View Post
    SC: *attempting to glare me into submission* But we get it for _____ price every other time!
    I love it when people say this. I'm always tempted to reply with "Well then, could you please tell me who, exactly, has been giving you that price, so that I can speak with them and get them to ring you up for the correct price in the future? I don't want to get them in trouble with management, as they've obviously been doing it wrong up until now..."
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

EricKei, I SO thought about saying something like that. The woman was an outright bitch, and I could tell the people in line behind her agreed. I'm proud of myself for standing my ground!
      "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

I have said stuff like that, more than once. "Well, [store in other city] does it." "It's up to their management if they want to break policy there, but we follow it here." Strangely, no one's complained about that comment.
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Corn in the men's room. Was it an ear or a can? That is so weird.

Comment

Quoth newagespidey View Post
            Corn in the men's room. Was it an ear or a can? That is so weird.
            They should be so lucky...
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
            X