This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EWs, Asshats and Permabans, OH MY!

A few from tonight that really made my blood boil...

The Ultimate EW...

A guy comes in and orders $10.78 worth of food. He pulls out his wallet and pulls out all his bills; two $10's and a $20. He puts the $10 on the counter and searches for change. He manages to scrape together a grand total of 6 cents.

EW: I don't have enough change.
    Me: Ok. Did you want to use the other $10? Or the $20?
    EW: Well, here's the thing. I don't want to break any of my big bills over a bit of change. Can't you just let it slide?
    Me: Considering the change is almost a dollar, no. I can't do that. My drawer will be short.
    EW: *points to the coin game* I'll take the rest out of there.

Note: The coin game is always locked up and chained to the counter so no one can take it. All the money in the container goes to charity.

Me: No, you can't do that.
    EW: Why not? *snotty*
    Me: Because that money is for charity. You can't just take it.
    EW: I'm sure they won't miss 78 cents. No one will care.
    Me: The underprivelaged teens that can't graduate will care. I will care. My boss will care. My manager will care.
    EW: C'mon! It's 78 friggen pennies!
    Me: Either way, I don't have the key for it.
    EW: Get one then.
    Me: I can't. No one in this store has a key.
    EW: Well then, who does?!
    Me: Once a month, someone from the charity comes to collect the coins. He has a key. No one else. He comes, unlocks it, emptys it, locks it and leaves.
    EW: *grumblegrumble* Fiinnneee..... *gives me a $20*

Asshats Galore!! (language warning)

It was an hour to close when 4 teens walked in. Let me introduce them:

EW- thinks he is the most handsome man in existance and as such, deserves free things and the undying love of all women.
    DF- AKA, Dick Face; Absent minded, rude and irritating; Does things just to be an ass.
    F1- stupid friend #1; Not special, just irritating.
    F2- same as F1.

So thay all come up to order.

EW: *flirts and flexes his muscles*
    Me: *ignores*
    EW: *smiles and plays with his hair*
    Me: *ignores*
    EW: *wiggles his eyebrows and poses over the counter*
    Me: Here's your reciept, sir. *straight faced*
    EW: Hey baby, mind handing me a large cup?
    Me: Ok. That will be $1.79.
    EW: Ohnono. I just want to get water. You trust me, don't you? *flirty smile*
    Me: No. $1.79 please.
    EW: How 'bout a medium babe.
    Me: Ok. $1.59.
    EW: *grumblegrumble*bitch*grumble*

DF: *laughing with friends*
    Me: What can I get for you?
    DF: *yelling to friends across the room*
    Me: .....sir?
    DF: *laughing*
    Me: HEY!
    DF: Huh? What?
    Me: Order please.
    DF: Two 5 layer burritos.
    Me: Anything else?
    DF: *mouthing something to friends*
    Me: Hello?
    DF: *chuckles*
    Me: SIR!
    DF: What? Huh?
    Me: Is that it?
    DF: Oh, yeah.
    Me: $2.10.
    DF: *same as before*
    Me: $2.10 PLEASE!!
    DF: Huh? How much?
    Me: $2.10...
    DF: *pays*.
    Me: Here's your reciept.
    DF: *gives friends the finger*
    Me: HEY! RECIEPT!
    DF: Oh....*snatches*

The other 2 order normally and they all go eat in the corner while being loud and obnoxious talking about; bitches, fighting, kicking ass, gangsters, drinking, smoking, parties, sex, how tough they are, how good looking they are, who's the toughest/coolest/sexiest/best playa'. Then, they decide to keep bouncing up to the counter to get more and more food, causing me to have to stop cleaning to take their order yet again. I was trying to get ready to close down the dining room.

I was actually ahead of schedule. I had both restrooms cleaned up, everything stocked, the windows spotless, the tables wiped, trays cleaned, and 3/4 of the store swept. I emptied and scrubbed out one set of trash cans and turned them to the wall so no one would throw trash in them. So they wouldn't have any excuses, I walked over and told them not to throw trash in those cans. They said they wouldn't. Now, all I had to do was sweep 1/4 of the floor, clean their table and trays, empty the other cans and mop up.

45 minutes after they arrived, they walked over to the correct trash cans and began to empty their trays. F1 and F2 did so properly. EW didn't have anything when I saw him. DF pushed the door to the trash open, looked at me, smiled, then fucking sprinted asross the room, yanked the other cans away from the wall, dumped his trash in there, chucked his tray at a table then ran back to his friends laughing "HUHUHUH"!

F1: Dude! No!
    F2: Don't! Ah, shit!
    EW: HUHUHUHUH! You badass man!
    DF: Huh huh huh!
    Me: Are you fucking serious?!!

Yep...I dropped the F-bomb...at work. Probably not the best word choice, but I snapped and that was the first phrase my mind picked....oops....

DF took one look at me and sprinted out the door with his asshat friends close behind. Right away, I went back and told a manager what happened. Apparently, this isn't the first time they did this so my manager permabanned DF and EW and said she was going to alert all the other closing cashiers not to serve them. I went out to see what else they did. EW left his trash at the table like I'm his damn maid or something. There was trash, crumbs, food, sauce and pop all over that corner. The garbage cans I just scrubbed out now had globs of sauce and food all over the inside and dripping down the front. In the restroom, someone got shit all over the toilet seat and soap all over the sink. I was fuming. I gave my manager the update on the disaster they left me. Yep...they are so permabanned.

More EW's

Just before I left, the phone rang.

Me: (city) Taco Bell.
    EW: Is a manager there?
    Me: Yes.
    EW: Well, can I talk to them or not?!
    Me: Sure. One moment please. Here Tina, she sounds like she's pissed.
    Tina: Hello?
    Tina: Ok..... Yes, I remember that order.
    Tina: It's limit 2 per person, mam.
    Tina: The order taker didn't ask how many people were in the car.
    Tina: Well, after she said she could only have 2, the driver flipped out and sped off.
    Tina: If you come back tonight I will gladly fix this for you.
    Tina: Ok.
    Tina: Alright then.
    Tina: It's 1-800-TACO-BELL.
    Tina: Yes...yes....ok....bye.
    Me: What was that all about?
    Tina: Her daughter came through and wanted 8 of the 99cent nach supremes(they are on sale this week) and flipped out when CW said she could only have 2 for 99cents. She said we should give her daughter what she asked for because her daughter is poor and she can't afford the full price nacho supremes. I offered to give her 4 for 99cents if she came up tonight, but she flipped out and demanded the number fot headquarters.

If you are that poor, just get 2 nacho supremes and then 6 other 99cent items. It's not rocket science and you don't have to go all EW on us.
    *end rant*
    Answers: $1
    Correct Answers: $2
    Answers that require thought: $5
    Dumb looks are still free.

Quoth Kisa View Post
    EW: I'm sure they won't miss 78 cents. No one will care.
    Kisa: Then I know you won't care either. Like you said, it's just 78 cents.
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

If you are poor, eat ramen noodles like the rest of the world.
      "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

I'm kinda hoping you get the satisfaction of telling those asshats that they're permabanned.

Comment

Kisa, I do hope that not all of your customers are this obnoxious? Please tell me you have some who have manners and basic common sense? Otherwise, I'm seriously worried about both you and the part of the country you're living in...
          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
          My LiveJournal
          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth Kisa View Post
            If you are that poor, just get 2 nacho supremes and then 6 other 99cent items. It's not rocket science and you don't have to go all EW on us.
            *end rant*
            But but but obviously since they're poor they have to get nachos. They're poor after all. /sarcasm
            Last edited by Syriilord; 08-11-2011, 01:19 PM. Reason: Fixed typo
            Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx

Comment

Quoth Kisa View Post
              EW: C'mon! It's 78 friggen pennies!
              Kisa: And you have a $20. You can afford to pay your bill. Man up and pay up, cheapskate.

Quoth Kisa View Post
              Asshats Galore!! (language warning)

EW: *flirts and flexes his muscles*
              Me: *ignores* *yawns*
              EW: *smiles and plays with his hair*
              Me: *ignores* Yawns
              EW: *wiggles his eyebrows and poses over the counter*
              Me: Here's your reciept, sir. *straight faced* *yawns wider*
              EW: Hey baby, mind handing me a large cup?
              Me: Ok. That will be $1.79.
              Me: Ok. $1.59. And I'm not your babe.

DF: *gives friends the fingerafter wasting a considerable amount of Kisa's time*
              Me: HEY! RECIEPT! Wake up and pay attention!
              DF: Oh....*snatches*

Yep...they are so permabanned.
              As well they should be. Flirting is one thing, but after the fail, asking for freebies? Get a clue, moron.

DF needs a kick in the ass to make him realize he does not actually have a sense of humor.

Quoth Kisa View Post
              More EW's

Tina: Her scamming daughter came through and wanted 8 of the 99cent nach supremes(they are on sale this week) and flipped out when CW said she could only have 2 for 99cents. She said we should give her daughter what she asked for because her daughter is poor and she can't afford the full price nacho supremes. I offered to give her 4 for 99cents if she came up tonight, but she flipped out and demanded the number fot headquarters.

*end rant*
              She wasn't that poor. She was trying to score some free food.
              They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Thank god I have never had someone try to bum that much change off of me. They always give me the "oh I'm 20 cents short" without saying anything else. Then they pause, waiting for me to magically say "oh that's fine, I give everyone a 20 cent discount today!" Then when they realize I do not reply they go "ohh guess I'll use the card for the rest". Yes I get it, the card for 20 cents is costing my company money, but I don't care.

How old were these teens, like 13 or 17? Not that it makes much difference, I just hate the ones who can't even drive that cause the trouble.
                Midori = Green and DelSol= My beloved Honda

Comment

As was reading that, I saw pop as poop for a second. But what they did sounds bad enough. It is too bad that a store can't make assholes like that clean up after themselves.

And for $0.78 boy, where do people get the idea that this is okay?

Comment

Quoth Panacea View Post
                    DF needs a kick in the nads to make him realize he does not actually have a sense of humor.
                    Fixed that for ya. None of us would ever do that IRL, of course...not to say he wouldn't deserve it

Quoth Kisa View Post
                    You kept a straight face during this? I find that ROFL'ing in response to this can be quite effective in knocking them down a few notches.
                    Me: Ok. $1.59.
                    No no, the term you are looking for is "person who wants to keep their job".
                    Yep...they are so permabanned.
                    Awesome! May you get the chance to tell them this to their faces, preferably in front of most of your fellow workers!
                    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

The first and last SCs were just plain cheapskates. He didn't give a shit about robbing a charity's money but he definitely would give a shit and go off if somebody shorted him over a few cents. I love the ones that cry poor mouth, it's fun to see how full of shit they are.
                      I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                      Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                      Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth Panacea View Post
                        DF needs a kick in the ass to make him realize he does not actually have a sense of humor.
                        I've noticed that an awful lot of teenage boys (not all of them, of course, but a rather large number) are severely lacking in the "sense of humor" department. I have yet to figure out why, but they seem to think that stupid or assholish=funny.
                        Quoth EricKei View Post
                        You kept a straight face during this? I find that ROFL'ing in response to this can be quite effective in knocking them down a few notches.
                        I have tried that before, and the SC usually just looks at me like I'm insane. Maybe it's a gender thing; perhaps the mocking laughter works better from men and the stony expression and deadpan voice works better from women.
                        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                        My LiveJournal
                        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

PLEASE let us know if you get to tell them they're banned!

Comment

Since that day, they haven't returned. Mebbe I scared them off with my death glare??
                            Answers: $1
                            Correct Answers: $2
                            Answers that require thought: $5
                            Dumb looks are still free.

Comment

Offtopic. Death Glares are awesome. Please return to your regularly scheduled thread.
                              Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Working...
                              X