This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sarcastic narcisstic

The one type of customer that really irks me, is the sarcastic narcisstic. The only other one worse than that is the Rager.
    Customers, we do NOT have 24 hour mainentenance service. God, I wish they would put that up in a big bold sign acroos the lobby and each room and have a wallpaper of it on our website. YOULL HAVE TO PAY HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS MORE FOR THAT SERVICE. Most understand this, like.....85%.
    The rest, well, think every place is a Ritz BECAUSE THEY'RE STAYING THERE.

Okay the proper way of complaining:

"The hot water is not working in my room." "The air conditioner is not working in my room." "The coffee pot is not working in my room." "The iron is not working IN MY ROOM."

You see what all of those have in common? "In my room." "In MY room."

The bad way of complaining:

"So, do you not have any hot water? Do you not have any working TVs? Do you not have any working, etc etc."

Obviously we do, otherwise the phones would be ringing off the hook and a line of angry people would at the desk. ITS YOUR ROOM ITS YOUR ROOM ITS YOUR ROOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(They of course, know this, hence the sarcasm. At least I'm 99.9% sure they know.)

Rude old fart: a.k.a sarcastic narcisstic
    Me: Having a good day until...

ROF: (in a whisper) So... it was a nice COLD shower...
    Me: Excuse me??
    ROF: (slowlllly but still very softly) I. Said. It. Was. A. Nice. COLD. Shower. Toddddaaaayyyyy.
    Me: Oh, you didn't have any hot water? (obvious) I'm sorry about that. I'll tell maintenance.
    ROF: (whisper) Do you NOT have any hot water today???
    Me: O_o Yes of course we have hot water. I guess it was just your room.
    ROF: (mutters under his breath and walks away with evil eye)

UGH! Not a WTF is his problem?! suck, more like sloooowly grinding on your nerves suck.
    Can't reason with the unreasonable.
    The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

Quoth HotelMinion View Post
    Or it was the ROF not understanding how to work the faucet. How can hot water not go to just one room, yet go to the rest of the hotel? Don't all the hotel rooms connect to the same plumbing that hooks up to the same hot water heaters?
    "Ignorance is no excuse for a law."
    .................................................. ..................- Alfred E. Newman

Comment

I was once at a hotel where there were valves under the sink that controlled the supply of water to the shower. If you didn't notice those, you were stuck at whatever temperature the shower was when you turned it on at the tap. Perhaps he didn't notice and took it out on you?

Comment

ROF: (slowlllly but still very softly) I. Said. It. Was. A. Nice. COLD. Shower. Toddddaaaayyyyy.
        And I'm sure you needed it after that Depends commercial.
        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Me: Excuse me??
          Me: Oh, you didn't have any hot water? (obvious) I'm sorry about that. I'll tell maintenance.
          ROF: (mutters under his breath and walks away with evil eye)
          Another variation of passive aggresiveness. I hate that crap. I wish these idiots would just flat-out state the problem, not circumnavigate it.
          Okay the proper way of complaining:

"The hot water is not working in my room."
          Precisely. State the problem, clearly, and the person in charge is more likely to get it fixed quickly. Hem and haw, make snide remarks, and it's more likely that nothing will get done because the employees just think you're grumbling for no reason.
          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
          My LiveJournal
          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

:
            Me: "I'm very glad you enjoyed it. I prefer a hot shower myself, but my Mom likes it so cold it's almost ice. I hope you were able to get it cold enough for your preference'

(and Yeah, my Mom does like cold showers)

Comment

Quoth Teskeria View Post
              Me: "I'm very glad you enjoyed it. I prefer a hot shower myself, but my Mom likes it so cold it's almost ice. I hope you were able to get it cold enough for your preference'

(and Yeah, my Mom does like cold showers)
              Oh, I like that

I used to have a very good friend who was passive-agressive in the extreme. She would never simply state what was bothering her or what she wanted straight out, she'd hem and haw and make little comments. Sometimes I picked up on them and things got settled, other times they'd go over my head for one reason or another, and she'd stop talking to me (with no explanation of course) for a while. I finally just dropped all contact after a while, I really liked her, but didn't have enough esp for that friendship to work.

Madness takes it's toll....
              Please have exact change ready.

Comment

My favorite method for dealing with the passive-agressive is to take them literally.
                I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth Teskeria View Post
                  Quoth taxguykarl View Post
                  My favorite method for dealing with the passive-agressive is to take them literally.

Mine too. That's why I like Teskeria's answer so much - the customer either is "forced" to be an adult or they don't get their problem fixed.
                  Be a winner today: Pick a fight with a 4 year old.

Comment

In person I could read body language and would realize what the customer meant. Because in writing the conversation sounded a little awkward and uncomfortable. Was I the only one who thought that?
                    A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

No. We have hot water. You can't have any. Not yours.
                      Fixing problems... one broken customer at a time.

Comment

Sorry, we uninstalled the "hot" button because everyone who used it ended up with third degree burns. However, we'd be glad to re-install it just for you.

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
                          In person I could read body language and would realize what the customer meant. Because in writing the conversation sounded a little awkward and uncomfortable. Was I the only one who thought that?
                          I can't always read body language or tone of voice, even in person. That's one of the reasons I loathe passive aggressiveness. It's pointless, easy to misinterpret, childish and a time-waster.
                          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                          My LiveJournal
                          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Working...
                          X