This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm not picking up your penny!

Ok had to share this one. this happened about 2 weeks ago at the library I do security at. We were in the process of closing and I was clearing the second floor of the library. On the 2nd floor we have Tv/dvd stations. They were originally meant to be used to quickly preview DVD/videos you wanted to rent but people would just use them to watch entire movies and the library just got fed up with telling people not to do this that they caved and set up 2 hour time slots for people sign up for to watch movies. Anyway there was older, crazy women who we have had issues with before watching video about the Beatles

OCW: old crazy woman
    MR.S: me,myself and I
    L: librarian

Mr.S: *4 mins to close* Miss we are closing now

OCW: yeah, ok *continues to stare at the video*

*2 mins later*

L; Miss we are about to close,please return the video at the desk when you leave

OCW : uh huh *continues to stare at the video which is now ending*

*closing announcement over the PA*

Mr. S : Miss were closed now, it's time to go

OCW: But i'm watching the subtitles

Mr.S :Miss those are just the credits, you have to leave

OCW: but but the subtitles

Mr. S: Miss it's time to go, *walks over and turns off the TV*

*OCW starts to count change and a penny falls to the ground beside her foot*

Mr. S: Come on miss it's time to go

OCW: But I dropped my money

Mr. S: It's just a penny, come let's go

OCW: But I need it

Mr. S: It's just a penny

OCW: But I need it, can you pick it up

Mr. S: I'm not picking it up

OCW: But I need it can you pick it up

Mr. S: I'm not picking your penny

OCW: but but but I need you to pick it up

Mr. S: No miss, i'm not picking it up, you can pick up yourself

OCW: but you have to pick it up, if you don't i'll have to, I can't pick it up

Mr. S: *getting frustrated* Miss i'm not picking up your penny!

OCW: Sorry i'm so slow

Mr. S Miss it's not that your slow, it's the fact we have been closed for over 5mins and you aren't leaving even after repeating been told were closed

OCW: but I need my penny can you pick it up

Mr.S No!

Mr.S No!!

Mr.S No!!!

OCW: but can you pick it up

Mr.S: Fine, here's your damn penny, now leave!

*finally starts getting up*

OCW: I need to use the bathroom

MR. S: No, we closed 10 minutes ago you should of went before we closed, use the bathroom in the mall next door

*OCW Heads down stairs and I radio down to let the guard know not to let her use the bathroom but he doesn't hear me OCW then proceeds to sprint to the 1st floor bathroom!*

*5 mins later*

Mr. S: Miss, hurry up!

OCW: Yeah, ok *finally leaves*

I wouldn't have gotten her stupid penny, I would have called the security guard and had him throw the moron out physically if necessary.

Comment

Quoth Clover View Post
      I wouldn't have gotten her stupid penny, I would have called the security guard and had him throw the moron out physically if necessary.
      I am security and as much as I wish I could do that we can't do anything physically unless attacked and we are defending ourselves. not to mention i'm 6'3 280 and it wouldn't look good for me to be dragging out this 60 yr old crazy woman

Comment

1. Take penny

2. Throw penny outside the door

3. Like a dog, watch customer chase precious penny outside the door.

4. Close up shop

5. Smile.

Comment

"I'm closing up shop. Leave now. When I leave for the night I'll hand you the penny on my way out."
          Fixing problems... one broken customer at a time.

Comment

Geeze. She's as bad five-year-old trying to delay bedtime.
            The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

I'm just wondering if she was homeless and trying to trick you into giving up and letting her stay

Comment

She needed the penny for her thoughts?....
                By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                  I'm just wondering if she was homeless and trying to trick you into giving up and letting her stay
                  No she was just a crazy old women

Comment

Quoth Seraph View Post
                    She needed the penny for her thoughts?....
                    I'm quite certain whatever flitting images passing through whatever she had for a brain wouldn't be worth a penny.

Comment

Quoth Clover View Post
                      I'm quite certain whatever flitting images passing through whatever she had for a brain wouldn't be worth a penny.
                      I'm reminded of a quote from Futurama:
                      "I'm having one of those things. Y'know, a headache with pictures." "You mean an idea?"
                      Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx

Comment

Quoth Dips View Post
                        Geeze. She's as bad five-year-old trying to delay bedtime.
                        Nah, try a 3-year old. Even my 5-year-old son can come up with more cunning delaying plans.
                        A theory states that if anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for, it will be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

Another theory states that this has already happened.

Comment

Penny for her thoughts?

You'd have change coming.
                          PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Working...
                          X