• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stories from the Kreskin the Great #125464376787

the Wendy's thread in the PFB forum reminded me to post this story

OD - other driver who attmpted to deliver this order
    BL - bitchy lying story changing cheating scammer lady

this will be told in an out of sequence manner

OD has been dispatched to deliver this order.

BL calls in and it is the GM who answers the phone. immediately BL starts yelling, screaming cursing and frothing at the mouth before the GM and even finish the required opening phone speil.

the GM can only hear yelling and screaming for the first 30 seconds of the call. finally BL seems to "calm" down a bit and the GM is able to determine what BLs complaint actually is about.

It seems BL tried to use $50 bill when paying for a $13 order. Now our safety and security policy does not allow us to carry more than $20 on our person nor are we allowed to go and get change or "bring change" from the store. OD states to BL our policy about money.

Now this is where the story gets "murky and cloudy" on BLs part. first BL claims to GM that OD kept saying "WELL you just have to give me a BIGger TIP then" (meaning that OD would give her the $20 he had on him and the "rest" would be a nice tip for OD).

BL keeps on claiming OD DEAMNDED BIG tip but the story is starting to change little by little. now it is OD was not really "demanding" a BIGger tip still would not give BL change. BL further stated (and this is one of the most COMMON things we get for an excuse) is that:

WELL no one told me this on the phone when I ordered!!!!!!!!!!

by this time OD has returned to the store with the order. ODs version is that BL just did not like the fact that delivery drivers are not banks with unlimited funds and could not pull large amounts of change out of his ass.

BUT what usually happens is that 99.99999999% of the time they DO NOT mention having a large bill when they place their order. they ASSUME the driver has unlimited amount of cash on them (why I still can not figure out). if they did mention the fact they have a large bill for a small order, all of the CSRs, cooks, servers, drivers, and managers would tell them straight up about our safety policy ie. that our drivers DO NOT carry and are not allowed to carry that amount of change.

I had one of these type of people last week who tried to tell me that <other pizza company> driver changed a $100 bill the previous night. (my thought: Yeah you are at a fleabag roach motel and all you have is $100 bills on you. HMMMMMMM and you keep ordering pizza???)

well if that companies safety policy allowes this (which I highly doubt) I feel real sorry for those drivers when they get robbed and/or assulted or killed.
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

About 12 years ago I worked for "Rolled Dice" pizza company and we would consider changing large bills if we knew about it in advance. But it was against company policy and completely up to the driver whether they wanted to risk it. It was a college town and wasn't as dangerous then, we never had any problems. Now older and wiser, I wouldn't even consider it.
    A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
      About 12 years ago I worked for "Rolled Dice" pizza company and we would consider changing large bills if we knew about it in advance. But it was against company policy and completely up to the driver whether they wanted to risk it. It was a college town and wasn't as dangerous then, we never had any problems. Now older and wiser, I wouldn't even consider it.
      They even state on their online page that the driver carries no more than $20 in change. Other pizza places that have their own vehicles usually have similar disclaimers printed on the vehicle itself. I would think that was common knowledge.
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
        I would think that was common knowledge.
        Well, I declare! One CANNOT expect these EW's to be COMMON, now can we?

That means:

No common knowledge...
        No common sense...
        No common courtesy...
        No common decency...
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
          They even state on their online page that the driver carries no more than $20 in change. Other pizza places that have their own vehicles usually have similar disclaimers printed on the vehicle itself. I would think that was common knowledge.
          Its printed on the website and on the coupons.

A few other places do deliveries in Ausland but there's no indication that they carry less than $20 in change.
          The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

I have actually never heard of this, and it isn't common in my area the drivers seem to roll around with all their tips and a significant amount of money. Guess that is why in the city a bunch of them have gotten robbed. Although, nothing dumber than robbing someone who has your address. Well there was one guy smart enough to send them to a vacant apartment/house. But when you pull that trick on 2 different drivers who report it and wouldn't you know the police alert pizza places to that address since, pizza place happy takes order sees address calls cops, they come pick up pizza borrow pizza drivers car, drop off pizza and get robbed then support units arrest robber.
            I'm sorry reading is not a new concept it has been widely taught in our nation for at least the past 100 years. Please, learn to do it CORRECTLY before you become contagious.

Comment

The thing is, most or all delivery places will have a "no more than $20 on hand" policy in place for their drivers, whether it's advertised or not. If the drivers choose to ignore it, the store absolves itself of responsibility by a> having that policy in place and b> having locked, individual drop-boxes to store excess cash/slips in.
              "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
              "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
              "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
              "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
              "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)

Comment

Quoth underemployeed View Post
                Although, nothing dumber than robbing someone who has your address.
                How about the "Rolled Dice" delivery driver who delivered the pizza and then sexually assaulted the woman. Guess he didn't realize that police could figure out which store she ordered from and which uniformed driver made the delivery. One of the reasons my store started doing background checks. What a terrible thing.
                A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

That's just disgusting.

Now I've been known to order pizzas and have them delivered to my house . . . with a check waiting or pre-paid over the phone with a credit card.
                  Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

I always loved it when I would bring a pizza and get to the door, only to hear the words, "Hey? Who knows where the checkbook is?!"...Ya know, when you TOLD us on the phone that you would pay by check, we kinda assumed that you would at least know where the damn thing was...

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                      I always loved it when I would bring a pizza and get to the door, only to hear the words, "Hey? Who knows where the checkbook is?!"...Ya know, when you TOLD us on the phone that you would pay by check, we kinda assumed that you would at least know where the damn thing was...
                      you assumed they would know where their checkbook was??????

that is as bad as when I arrive (SOMETIMES 30 - 40 minutes after they placed their order) and they are still searching the couch cushions for that last 50 cents (in pennies) they need (and no tip) for the $30 order they are paying for with a LARGE handfull (or large bag) of loose change.

there are nights where the managers "hate" me as I am the one who seems to get all of the orders where people pay with $10 in quarters nickels and dimes.

Comment

Awwww, you guys are making me all warm and fuzzy, remembering my pizza delivery days...

I am trying to remember if we made exceptions for people who said they only had a $50 or a $100...in other words if they told us ahead of time we could bring enough change. It's possible...I worked in a beach town and there was little violent crime there.
                        "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Quoth BeenThereDoneThat View Post
                          Awwww, you guys are making me all warm and fuzzy, remembering my pizza delivery days...

I am trying to remember if we made exceptions for people who said they only had a $50 or a $100...in other words if they told us ahead of time we could bring enough change. It's possible...I worked in a beach town and there was little violent crime there.
                          same here (not a beach/resort town) BUT there are enough robberies and robbery setups even in low crime areas or supposedly "safe" areas. it is never a good idea to have someone KNOW with absolute certainity you are carrying around that much cash.

Comment

Working...
                          X