This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I cannot BELIEVE this asshole!!!

After all this, someone made a joking comment about how it, "must be a full moon or something"! Ironically, it was.... O.O

No Shoes, No Shirt, No Service

2 older teen girls and 2 older teen guys were hanging out in the corner of the dining room. The girls came up to order food and took it back to their boyfriends. Boss Man walked out into the dining room, glanced their way, did a double take and...

Boss Man: HEY! YOU! OUT!
    Punk: Why?

I see this shirtless guy approach Boss Man.

Boss Man: Either put a shirt on, or get out! Now!
    Punk: Man, fuck you!
    Boss Man: EXCUSE ME!!!
    Punk: Nothin...
    Boss Man: No, what did you say?!!
    Punk: Get your ears checked....*leaves, but not before slamming some doors and throwing a fit*

An SC/EW hybrid....a new level of suck has been reached

It all started when a group of seven or so kids rode into the parking lot after the dining room closed. They parked their bicycles at the rack and walked to the front door, pulled each handle. When he realised they were locked, he decided to plaster himself to the door and stare in at us like an abandoned puppy outside in the rain. I looked over and shook my head as if to say, "sorry, we're closed". The awesome Coworker S looked over and pointed towards the drive-thru as if to say, "inside is closed; Drive-thru only". They walked in the opposite direction we were pointing and tried the other door. Locked, naturally. They retured to the first door and resumed their positions. Yet again, we pointed to the drive-thru while shouting, "CLOSED; DRIVE-THRU ONLY", to them. We saw a car out front that we assumed belonged to them, but when we saw the kids bike towards the speaker we realised it wasn't.

For those who don't know, it is against policy to accept orders from bikes or pedestrians; Motorized vehicles only. We do this because:
    -cyclists and pedestrians don't have headlights and are at risk for being injured by a car
    -if a person on a bike or on foot gets hit on our property, we are liable
    -persons on foot or on a bicycle can more easily lean through the window and rob us
    -bicycles and people are not heavy enough to trigger the speaker and keep it on; it will either not turn on at all or stay on for a few seconds before shutting off

Breaking this policy can get you in trouble or even fired. So when the bikes turned on the speaker, Coworker S came on and said, "sorry guys, I can't take orders if you're on a bike; motorized vehicles only", before the speaker shut off. The kids returned to the door and banged on it until the cleaning lady went to see what they wanted. She came and asked us:

CL: These kids want to know if you can take their order!
    Me: As they were told, we can't take orders from people on bikes. It's a safety hazard.

CL went and told them no. The car that was parked out front came to the speaker and complained about the kids on bikes. We told him we would have a manager go and kick them off our property. We really were, because it's dangerous to have kids riding bikes in the same parking lot as my many drunk customers. We told Boss Man and he was going to go yell at them after he finished up an important call. The next customer was the fun one...

EW: Why won't you serve those kids?
    CW: I already told them, I cannot serve bikes through the drive-thru. It's against the law.
    EW: When I was a kid, I would do that ALL THE TIME and I NEVER had any problems!!
    CW: Well, no offense sir, but things were different back when you were a kid. This is 2011 and new laws and regulations exist.
    EW: Fine! Then I'm buying their food for them!
    CW: I'm sorry, but I can't do that. I can only take their order if they are in the car with you. Are they?
    EW: No.
    CW: Then I can't take their order.
    EW: This is rediculous! There's no such law! You're a liar! I did that all the time! There is no such law!
    CW: I can't take your order knowing you will give it to pedestrians in the parking lot. They are not allowed to be in the parking lot.
    EW: But I already told them I'd buy their food!!
    CW: Well, now you can tell them they aren't getting food and have to leave.
    EW: *rants about how CW is a liar, this is rediculous, etc, we're terrible, blablablah*
    M: CW, shut off your headset and let me talk to him.
    CW: I'm off. Go ahead.
    M: Sir, you have 2 options right now. You can order your food, pay and leave, or you can leave right now and get nothing.
    EW: Excuuussee meeee??!!!!
    M: You heard me. I gave you your options. Now go ahead and choose. It's all up to you.
    EW: FINE!! *orders his food*
    CW: *gives him his total*
    Me: I'm gonna get bitched out, aren't I...

Sure enough...

Me: Hello. That's-
    EW: Who is she?!!!
    Me: $x.xx.
    EW: Who does she think she is talking to me like that?!!!
    Me: .....
    EW: I'm a CUSTOMER!! What the hell ever happened to customer service?!!! Is that customer service?! Huh?! Is that what you think proper customer service is?!!
    Me: Sir, I'm staying out of this. $x.xx please.
    EW: Who does she think she is telling me to tell the kids to leave?!! That's not my job!!
    Me: We're sendng a male manager out to get them off the property.
    EW: Who the hell does she think she is smartmouthing me like that?!!
    Me: $x.xx please. *biting tongue, because I was pissed to the point where, if I lost it, I would really lose it. Like lose my temper and my job lose it*
    EW: I demand an apology!
    Me: Pardon?
    EW: That smart-mouth bitch! Get her for me! She's going to apologise for mouthing off to me like that! I'm a customer!
    Me: Ok. Let me get her for you! *smiling big*

Tina is a tough black lady who doesn't take shit from anyone, so I was amused by the thought of this ass trying to make her apologise. I knew he was going to ger something, but it sure as hell won't be an apology

Me: Oh, Tina! He wants to talk to you!
    M: What for?
    Me: He "demands and apology" from you.
    M: Oh really now?! *opens window* Can I help you?
    EW: You can apologise for smartin' off to me!
    M: You ain't gettin no apology from me!
    EW: I'm a customer! The customer is always right!
    M: I have nothing to apologise for. *slams the wondow* I'm not taking to him anymore, k?
    Me: Gotcha... *opens window* $x.xx please.
    EW: *hands me a card* I'm reporting her to corporate! You know what? I come here alll the time! I spend money here! I can easily take my business down the road!
    Me: I'm not stopping you, sir.
    EW: I am a regular customer that you just lost! I will not be treated like this! I'm important!!
    Me: Ok...
    EW: *shoves his American Express card in my FACE* See this?! See this?! I am important!! I'm worth a million dollars and that bitch manager is worth $10!!!
    Me: Good for you.
    EW: What is her name?!! You will tell me her name!!
    Me: Tina.
    EW: Tina WHAT?!!
    Me: I don't know.
    EW: Well why the hell not?!!
    Me: Because it's not my job to know the full name of every Taco Bell employee. There's your food. Have a nice day.
    EW: Hey! I-
    CW: Call 1-800-TACO-BELL. Have a nice day. *slams window*

The next car had a couple of women who rocked!

Awesome Customer: What the hell was his problem?!!
    Me: *tells them the jist of it*
    AC: What an ass!
    Me: *tells them about how the credid card*
    AC: Omg...are you serious?!!
    Me: Apparently, having an American Express card makes you God or something.
    AC: An American Express card? Well Lah Dee Dah!! Guess what?! I have an American Express card and I'm CANADIAN!
    Me: Hey! My bf's Canadian!
    Us:
    AC: I work in customer service and I've delt with people like him who think they're special. Hope you're day gets better hun!
    Me:

Teh Eyeroll

Coworker S has a broken ankle and has to sit down for the majority of the day. One bitchy customer kept looking at her in the chair and rolling her eyes. Over and over and over. Eventually, she made a comment to me about, "don't you hate having to pick up the slack because of some people". I informed her that my coworker had a cast on and can't stand up all day like I can. She scoffed and rolled her eyes some more...

We aren't stupid, nor deaf

CW: Is that it?
    SC: Make SURE I get extra sour cream on that chalupa!!
    CW: Actually, the nacho cheese chalupas don't come with sour cream. I added sour cream to it as you requested, but I would have to charge you 30 more cents if you want extra.
    SC: Well them make sure it has sour cream on it!!!!
    CW: Sir, there's no need to talk to me that way. I'm just doing my job. Now is that it?
    SC: *speeds off*

He pays, huffily, and then starts barking at me.

SC: There'd better be sour cream on here!!!
    Me: There is.
    SC: How do you know?!!! Did you check?!!
    Me: I watched them make the food. (lie)
    SC: You had better not have forgotten the nacho cheese!!!
    Me: The cooks didn't.
    SC: You people are incompetant! I don't know why I bother coming here!!
    Me: Have a nice day. Hey Tina, I hope you didn't forget the sour cream and nacho cheese.
    Tina: Oh I didn't. The nacho cheese is definetly there. (translation: I friggen drown the thing in nacho cheese)

A lesson to SC's, don't be rude to the people making your food

Luckily, the next customer overheard this and was amazing.

Awesome Customer: YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME!!! I can't BELIEVE how fast you are!!
    Me: Awweee thank you!
    AC: What's your name? I'm calling about all of you to tell corporate how awesome you all are!!!
    Me:

Yet Another EW...

A guy comes to the speaker and has one of those loud diesel engines that sound like a bus and are impossible to hear over unless the driver has a loud voice. Most of the time, the person shuts off their vehicle or talks loudly. However, some people decide to talk quietly and get irritated when we don't hear them.

CW: I'm sorry sir, but I can't hear you. You're gonna have to speak up.

Instead of talking louder, he gives up and pulls to the window

Me: Sir, I cannot take your order here. It's against policy to take orders at the window.
    EW: Why?!!
    Me: Because it's unfair to all the customers who followed the rules and now have to wait longer. If you want me to take your order, you have to pull back around to the speaker and talk louder.

After some amount of huffing and bitching, he follows orders and pulls to the speaker, now ordering with a louder voice. He get's his total and pulls up.

Me: Hello. That will be $x.xx.
    EW: *takes extra long finding his money and intentionally gives me a fistful of pennies...ass*

We go through the transaction with me being polite, as usual, and him avoiding eye contact in complete silence. I hand him his bag.

Me: Here's your food. Have a nice day.
    EW: You never asked me for sauce!
    Me: Yes, I'm well aware.
    EW: Well? Do your job!
    Me: I am, sir. I'm not allowed to ask for sauce.
    EW: Well why not?!!
    Me: It's policy.
    EW: That's rediculous! I am NEVER coming to this Taco Bell EVER AGAIN!!!
    Me: Ok, have fun.
    CW: Did you tell him that all the Taco Bells in the area have the same policy?
    Me: Oh, I forgot to mention it

WTF...?

3 minutes to close, this happens...

*speaker turns on*
    Me: Hi, how are you?
    SC: SHUT THE F*CK UP YOU STUPID MOTHER F*CKER!! STUPID BITCH!!!
    Me: *thinking* Ok. I'm not taking her order.
    SC: *screams bloody murder and drives off*

3 minutes later, she drives to the window. I shake my head and point to the "Hours" sticker on the window. She slaps the shit out of her steering wheel, yanks on her hair wildly, then lunges out her window and flips me the bird. I bust out laughing.

Tina: What?
    Me: That nut job just flipped out and gave me the finger.
    Tina: You shoulda done it right back!
    Last edited by Kisa; 08-13-2011, 10:47 AM.
    Answers: $1
    Correct Answers: $2
    Answers that require thought: $5
    Dumb looks are still free.

Geeze. Some people think they know our jobs better than we do. Had some nut start throwing canned food at a coworker of mine because she wasn't "doing it right". I'm not sure how the hell he thought he knew better than a trained employee, but alright.

I think hugs and muffins and sympathy is all I can offer you, Kisa. I've read several of your threads, and I don't think I could have handled your work.

Comment

Kisa, you must take Valium by the handful. It's the only way I can imagine anybody could remain sane putting up with all the shit you have to deal with.

I'm pretty sure they'd have taken me away by now, either in cuffs or a strait jacket.

Comment

For the love of God, where do you live?! The 7th circle of Hell?! Where do these people even come from?

Comment

Quoth Kisa View Post
          Tina: What?
          Me: That nut job just flipped out and gave me the finger.
          Tina: You shoulda done it right back!
          I like your SM. Love the way she takes no crap from SC's.
          Quoth Amina516 View Post
          For the love of God, where do you live?! The 7th circle of Hell?! Where do these people even come from?
          From under a rock somewhere.
          I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
          -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth Kisa View Post
            Awesome Customer: What the hell was his problem?!!
            Me: *tells them the jist of it*
            AC: What an ass!
            Me: *tells them about how the credid card*
            AC: Omg...are you serious?!!
            Me: Apparently, having an American Express card makes you God or something.
            AC: An American Express card? Well Lah Dee Dah!! Guess what?! I have an American Express card and I'm CANADIAN!
            Me: Hey! My bf's Canadian!
            Us:
            AC: I work in customer service and I've delt with people like him who think they're special. Hope you're day gets better hun!
            Me:

[snip]

Awesome Customer: YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME!!! I can't BELIEVE how fast you are!!
            Me: Awweee thank you!
            AC: What's your name? I'm calling about all of you to tell corporate how awesome you all are!!!
            Me:
            I must say, it's nice to see that you do get good customers. It does ease the pain somewhat to have a super-nice customer after a jackass.

The rest of them...yikes. Can we just bundle them into a big rocket and shoot it towards the nearest black hole?
            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
            My LiveJournal
            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Stupid question, but why can't people order food for someone else?? What would it matter..is it because it would still create a liability keeping the kids in the parking lot?

Comment

You know, I've always referred to Taco Bell as Taco Hell, but I never had any idea just how infernal that place really is for the people who work there.

Good lord. I've worked fast food, and I've never seen anything like this!
                They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

I'm thinking there should be a sign posted somewhere near both the doors and drive-thru window. Something to the effect of "Warning: employees of this establishment hereby reserve the right to flip out and go postal on any customers deemed hazardous to their mental state. Test this policy at your own risk!"

Comment

Lol. The only American Express card that would impress me (barely) is the Centurion (black card made of Titanium). And that's only because I know how hard it is to get. You CAN'T apply. It has to be offered. (That's why you will sometimes see other cards that are black now out there. They are trying to imply it is as hard to get, but when someone has a black v/mc card with a $500 limit, that isn't impressive at all. It's the same with a v/mc platinum card. They just aren't hard to get.)

Comment

Quoth Teskeria View Post
                      Lol. The only American Express card that would impress me (barely) is the Centurion (black card made of Titanium). And that's only because I know how hard it is to get. You CAN'T apply. It has to be offered. (That's why you will sometimes see other cards that are black now out there. They are trying to imply it is as hard to get, but when someone has a black v/mc card with a $500 limit, that isn't impressive at all. It's the same with a v/mc platinum card. They just aren't hard to get.)
                      I have seen exactly one of those titanium cards. I thought they were kind of cool.
                      To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

They do look kind of cool, but they wouldn't impress me. Not positively any way. It's basically just saying "I like to give banks a shitload more of my money than you do"!

The annual fee alone is $2500.00.

Comment

Quoth Panacea View Post
                          You know, I've always referred to Taco Bell as Taco Hell, but I never had any idea just how infernal that place really is for the people who work there. Good lord. I've worked fast food, and I've never seen anything like this!
                          Me, too! And I've worked a LOT of food.
                          "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

God, I hate those self-entitlement morons who start waving things in your face-"I make xxx a month!" "I have a Gold card!" "I drive a Ferrari!" Well la tee freakin' da. I actually got very irritated with one customer who kept complaining that I wasn't treating him the way he deserved (I.E. Waiting on him hand and foot and ignoring all my other customers to bring him everything he wanted right that second), particularly after he yanked my ponytail really hard to get my attention when I'd had my back to him, and he wouldn't shut up about how much money he had and his stupid car. When he started making demands (I forgot exactly what it was) and I told him it was against company policy, he replied with "Well I drive a ferrari!" I finally got fed up, looked at him, and flat out told him that if he wasn't going to give me the car, I really couldn't care less what he drove.

Almost got in trouble over that one. XD

Comment

Almost got in trouble for this:

I finally got fed up, looked at him, and flat out told him that if he wasn't going to give me the car, I really couldn't care less what he drove.
                              after this:

particularly after he yanked my ponytail really hard to get my attention when I'd had my back to him
                              ?

Oh, HELLS no.

(And yeah, I know it says "almost"..but still, there shouldn't have even been an "almost")

Comment

Working...
                              X