Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I want this. and this. and this. and etc... (very long, some language)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want this. and this. and this. and etc... (very long, some language)

Hey there, long time no post. Yeah...not sure why, get SC's all the time, but I think I've actually just come to accept that 90% of the people I get are either a-holes or idiots. Time for another job. lol. Anyways, for those who don't remember I work at the big green coffee chain and my store in particular is both a drive thru and a lobby store.

Anyways, it's roughly 10 a.m, we're on the tail end of our morning rush which means that we don't have a constant river of customers, but we do still have 3 people in the drive thru and 2 in the lobby. Woman pulls up and my coworker S does the standard, "Welcome to Coffee Place, this is S, what can I get started for you?" Aaaaand.....nothing. Usually this means that the person:
    A: Has their window up
    B: Is taking orders from all the other people in their car and doesn't even have the decency to say, "one moment please" (or the more usual "one second!" as though we have a gun to their head...)
    or
    C: Is staring blankly at the board and AGAIN doesn't have the decency to say anything.

Turns out, as I looked out at our conveniently placed camera, it was option A. She was also on her phone. Keep in mind that we KNOW there's more people behind her and she refused to get off her phone for this entire process. We wait for a little bit, take care of the folks in the lobby, but it's been about...2 minutes or so and we REALLY don't want the people behind her bitching at us because she refuses to actually order. So I decide to take over since I've dealt with situations like this alot before.

"Hello, welcome to Coffee Place, this is MC, what can we get started for you!" A fair bit louder than my CW. At this point she rolls her window down. YAY! SUCCESS! And then....rolls it right back up. Um....wtf? So, this time I come back on, "HELLO?!" Yeah, said it much louder to the verge of yelling since she apparently was unsure if I said anything the first time. By this time the two people behind her had backed out, one came into the lobby and the other just drove off. 45 seconds later she finally rolls down her window:

The Players
    SC: ....let's just say it stands for Stupid Customer so as to avoid standards and practices...

Me: Your overworked, underpaid, coffee vet

(Bear in mind, I know in some places a big order may not seem like a big deal, but unless someone calls ahead the biggest order we usually get is 5 drinks. Also we're still getting a steady trickle of customers in the lobby)

SC: "Yeah, can I get a black coffee." (Oh HELL no, that better not be it!)
    Me: "Sure, what size?"
    SC: "Oh, all of these are going to be medium." (Wait....ALL of these?)
    Me: "Then I need a mocha."
    SC: "Okay, anything else?"
    Me: "Yeah..uhhh..............a hot chocolate."
    SC: "Okay..anything else?"
    Me: "4 caramel fraps." (....4?!)
    SC: "Alright, is that gonna be.."
    Me: "4 vanilla lattes. An Americano...."
    SC: "Wait, 4?"
    Me: "Yeeeeeah! and, oh! I guess I should get something for myself. So a soy vanilla mocha."
    SC: "..............Anything else?"
    Me: "/exasperated sigh. NO!"

So, not only did she eat up about...4-5 minutes of everyone's time sitting at the window and ignoring us, but she decides it totally appropriate to order 17 drinks off the cuff, through the drive thru, with people lining up behind her, and the snaps at ME for doing my job. So I decided it was time for a bit of a...ahem, professional bitch slap:
    "Alright that'll be (amount here) at the window, and for future reference, if you're going to have a HUGE order you REALLY need to call ahead first so as not to cause a huge delay for the other customers."
    "Oh, well, what's your number?"
    (...are you kidding me? Your phone is more advanced than my register, LOOK IT UP!) "We'll give you a card or something at the window."

So, by now everyone in the store is in freak out mode as we now have 3 MORE people in the lobby w/ 2-3 drinks each and 2 people lined up behind her. Both of them just wanted chai so I made sure to say in a voice loud enough that she would've heard me had she not had her iphone GLUED to her ear at the window: "Pull her around! We're gonna take care of these other people first since they only need 1 thing. She's gonna have to wait!"

Took us about 15 minutes to get all her drinks done considering we had 2 people on break. When the guys walk out with her 4 trays apparently she didn't like the way we had arrainged them (Yeah, sorry "lady" but if we have cold drinks AND hot drinks we put the cold drinks with cold drinks and hot drinks with hot drinks, they're not going in the trays in whatever arbitrary order you had set up in your mind.) She apparently just opened the back door and hopped back in the driver's seat, so the guys put the drinks on the floor and walked back inside. I guess she tried to snap to get their attention as they walked back in, but we'd ALL had enough of her at this point and we do NOT respond to snaps or whistles, so they just came back in. As the door closed I heard her trying to yell, "That's not where the goooooooo!" Oh well. Had to go back around the corner again but, thankfully, she was apparently too lazy to actually come inside to say anything or complain. I really, REAAAAALLY hope that her drink spilled in her car. Oh well, wishes and such, right? :-P
    "Some wounds grow worse beneath the surgeon's hand; better that they were not touched at all."

Title reminded me of:

The Jerk

Comment

I would never order that much anywhere without calling first, preferably a day ahead.
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Morningchaser View Post

SC: "Yeah, can I get a black coffee." (Oh HELL no, that better not be it!)
        Me: "Sure, what size?"
        SC: "Oh, all of these are going to be medium." (Wait....ALL of these?)

Me: "Then I need a mocha."
        SC: "Okay, anything else?"
        Me: "Yeah..uhhh..............a hot chocolate."
        SC: "Okay..anything else?"
        Me: "4 caramel fraps." (....4?!)
        SC: "Alright, is that gonna be.."
        Me: "4 vanilla lattes. An Americano...."
        SC: "Wait, 4?"
        Me: "Yeeeeeah! and, oh! I guess I should get something for myself. So a soy vanilla mocha."
        SC: "..............Anything else?"
        Me: "/exasperated sigh. NO!"

-snip-

I guess she tried to snap to get their attention as they walked back in, but we'd ALL had enough of her at this point and we do NOT respond to snaps or whistles, so they just came back in. As the door closed I heard her trying to yell, "That's not where they goooooooo!"

I think you switched the Me and SC's around in the bolded area right there.

Also, if someone snapped their fingers at me to get their attention, I would ignore them, and if they tried to get my attention any other way other than politely asking "Excuse me?" then they'd either get more ignoring or, if they chose to get my attention by grabbing me, poking me or yanking my hair (yes, that has happened) they'd be in biiiig trouble. I'm not the timid little newbie I used to be, I'm sufficiently jaded now to bite off someone's head if they push me too far.

As for that last bit-too bad, lady, you can put them in your own dang car! What a lazy bitch. Probably one of those self-entitlement idiots.

Comment

Working...
        X