X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just another day in paradise.

Our cast of characters this evening:

Me:
    SC: The ones who make me forget that all of the un-S C's exist sometimes.
    FES: Front-end supervisor.

But ... what?

This customer wasn't so much "sucky" as she was "mind-bendingly, painfully stupid."

SC: -places two cans of refried beans on service desk- "I want to return these beans."

Me: -processes return- "All right, that'll be a $2.78 cash refund for you."

SC: "Oh ... well ... but I only have a dollar ... "

It's a good thing that I managed to look away before she saw my facial expression, because according the CW standing next to me, it was some combination or succession of , , and .

Me: "No, ma'am, you're getting $2.78 back ... " -hands over money and gratefully watches SC leave-

You already have that. Trust me.

The telephone rings.

Me: "Thank you for calling [insert name of store here], this is Phoenix, can I help you find something?"

SC: "Can I get your phone number please?"

Me: -chooses not to question the unfortunate confluence of genetics and miseducation that led to someone calling and asking for the phone number they just called- "That would be [store telephone number goes here]."

It's been an interesting week.
    Last edited by phoenixv07; 08-14-2011, 03:41 AM. Reason: Line ended up in the wrong place ...

For the second one I literally would've said "it's the number you just called!"

Comment

I have had customers ask what the phone number for a department within the store is. I have never encounter a retail store that had a different phone numbers for say, hardware and lawn and garden, grocery and deli, electronics and appliances etc.

It has always been call the main number listed and ask the person who answers for the dept or follow the auto-attendant instructions and press the appropriate number.

Comment

Quoth mattm04 View Post
        I have had customers ask what the phone number for a department within the store is. I have never encounter a retail store that had a different phone numbers for say, hardware and lawn and garden, grocery and deli, electronics and appliances etc.

It has always been call the main number listed and ask the person who answers for the dept or follow the auto-attendant instructions and press the appropriate number.
        Technically, our pharmacy and our optical center have their own separate lines, but the only number in the phone book is the main store line.

Comment

For the first one... She had a receipt, right? Are you sure she didn't mean to say purchase instead of return? lol

Comment

That's like asking "What's the number for 911?"

Comment

Second customer, could they have ment in the district? As in 'XYZ Grocer #78'?
              Shamus: Why hasn't anybody designs a cranium-anus extraction kit yet? It seems that so many people suffer from a improperly-stored head.

Comment

Apparently, 411 will give people the number to my pharmacy. So the customer will call, get really confused, and then wonder out loud why I can't just transfer them to the main store.

"....Because it's a completely different phone number, ma'am..."
                I have CDO. It's kinda like OCD, but the letters are where they should be!

After Tuesday, even the calendar goes W T F...

Comment

Quoth Bright_Star View Post
                  That's like asking "What's the number for 911?"
                  In some areas though, that's a legit question. Parts of SW PA weren't connected to the 911 system until a few years ago. Grandma's town was like that--you either called the police department in the nearest big town (Waynesburg, PA--3 miles away) or one of the state police barracks. Even when 911 service finally arrived in 1997, it was a joke--you had to dial "1-911" to get through
                  Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

I have called a place and, within the call, asked them for their number. Why? Because sometimes I have been directly connected to a number via 411, and did not actually know the number that I had been connected to. Of course, these days I am smart enough to take advantage of the option Sprint offers to send a text with the business's information. So, ya know, I don't sound like an idiot by asking someone I've just called for their number!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                    Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Draco View Post
                      For the first one... She had a receipt, right? Are you sure she didn't mean to say purchase instead of return? lol
                      She was right there with a receipt ... usually, we don't get anyone checking out at the service desk unless the lanes are backed up and the CSMs send someone over.

Quoth Nayeli_Sabia View Post
                      Second customer, could they have ment in the district? As in 'XYZ Grocer #78'?
                      No, she specifically asked for the phone number.

Quoth Jester View Post
                      I have called a place and, within the call, asked them for their number. Why? Because sometimes I have been directly connected to a number via 411, and did not actually know the number that I had been connected to.
                      That possibility occurred to me, especially since the woman sounded like she was at least 60. But still, just the sheer of the moment.

Comment

Working...
                      X