This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Not To Order Pizza

A lesson for all to learn here, folks. The night was going along perfectly, until, late into it, the phone rang. Oh joy. A pizza order. How was it a fail? Well, let me liste the reasons.

1) He called the front phone instead of the kitchen phone
    2) He called 15 minutes before the kitchen closed
    3) He sounded completely drunk out of his mind
    4) There was a lot of noise and talking in the background
    5) He didn't know what the fuck he wanted, or what the people with him wanted!!!
    6) He kept going back and forth asking me questions then hollering at whoever was behind him to see what they wanted
    7) He kept pretty much talking in circles, to the point where I finally had to say "Okay you want X and X, right?" and hope it was right.
    8) It took him a good ten or fifteen minutes to order two large pizzas. Yeah, you read that right.
    9) By the end of the call, I wanted to slam my head repeatedly against the nearest wall or counter.

Thankfully, co-worker J was kind enough to make the man his pizzas, but good lord...know what you want to order before you call, and don't be a drunken idiot when you do! I swear he was like some bad combination of Kisa and GK's customers! Gah...And I have to be back to work at 9 AM. Joy.
    "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

...I hope he didn't drive to pick up the pizzas....
    Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Sounds like it's a hotel, what with there being a front phone and a kitchen phone... Though I'd be afraid of him walking with pizzas too.

Comment

No I mean he called the front phone at the c-store. We have two phones there. One up front, and one in the kitchen which people are SUPPOSED to call to order pizzas. Also, no, he did not drive. He didn't even show up. He sent his wife or whatever she was to get the pizzas. I was gearing myself up for his arrival too. Oh well.
        "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

Quoth BrenDAnn View Post
          I swear he was like some bad combination of Kisa and GK's customers!
          You mean he wanted pants in his tacos?
          Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx

Comment

Quoth Syriilord View Post
            You mean he wanted pants in his tacos?
            ...I'd like to get the taco out of somebody's pants...
            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

I work in hotels, and you wouldn't believe how often that happens to me. Why would you call a hotel not knowing what dates you want, what room type you want, and how many people will be in your room? Its idiotically stupid.

Comment

Working...
              X