Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Perfect Way To Fix A Broken Nail? Chomp It Til You Bleed!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Perfect Way To Fix A Broken Nail? Chomp It Til You Bleed!

An elderly gentleman with splitting, brittle nails came to my register and bought a few things. In the middle of the transaction, he got frustrated with his splitting thumbnail catching onto his credit card and began to chew at it, exposing the bleeding nail bed underneath.

Me:

He finally gave up after coating said nail with a thin layer of saliva, slid the card and all was well.

Bonus: Check Rage

Today was check day for me. I see one check a month, maybe two on a regular basis but today I had 4 of them nearly in a row!

Anyway, one woman could not understand why I couldn't print her check automatically instead of having her handwrite the check. I got a slight bitchfit until I told her "Look, this is the way it is. I can't."

Cue catbutt face and her tearing up the check after I processed it (because I handed the voided check back to her). Oh well.
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

I never understand check complainers. If they need to write one for some reason, fine. But if your system scans and voids it, it's an EFT. They may as well run a debit card if they don't want to write out a check. And if, for some reason, they can't get a debit, accept it and move on. Seriously.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
      I never understand check complainers. If they need to write one for some reason, fine. But if your system scans and voids it, it's an EFT. They may as well run a debit card if they don't want to write out a check. And if, for some reason, they can't get a debit, accept it and move on. Seriously.
      The problem with that is that not all places take debit, but they will take checks and run it that way. It's rare I know. The Hostess Thrift stores here are like that. They have EBT Debit, but they don't take regular debit (go figure that one), so I have to write a check when I buy my bread and other bakery goodies. They keep saying they'll get it soon, but they've been saying that for about 6 months now.
      Random conversation:
      Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
      DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

Maybe the Hostess bajery is like my Aid of Rite. We haven't had "Eastern Union" for 8 months because the managers are too lazy to call in to get the passwords and to be trained. Meanwhile, we lose the commission on the "Eastern Union" and pass it to the other Aid of Rites and supermarkets. Oh well, not my problem.
        Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
          I sometimes write checks, and here's why. I will have made a deposit to my bank account, but it won't clear until after 2pm. However, I'm in the store at 11am. Now I know that my check will be good, but I can't use debit because my deposit won't have cleared the bank yet. Rather than use debit and have it denied (because it's a few hours early) I will write a check, which will also clear after 2pm, at which time my deposit has posted. I know, it's technically writing a bad check, but sometimes you need to get stuff that can't wait that extra 3 hours .... medicine, maxipads (sorry guys ) etc.

I don't however, complain about how the store does my check. If I need to write the whole thing out, then so be it. It won't ruin my day

Comment

Ugh on the first story. This is why nail clippers were invented, people! (I'm still trying to explain that to my 4-year-old.)
            "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
            - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Back in the days before debit cards we used to get quite a few checks. Our store policy, pretty much standard everywhere at the time, was to require a valid ID before we would accept a check.

I had one woman who not only refused to show an ID but actually told me it was ILLEGAL for me to even ask for her ID. I basically told her that she didn't have to show me an ID...she could pay with cash or a credit card. IF she wants to pay with a check THEN she has to voluntarily give me her ID and that's the end of it period.

After arguing for a bit more and realizing I wasn't taking her check without an ID she left the store screaming, "I'M GOING TO THE POLICE STATION AND I'M COMING BACK HERE WITH AN OFFICER! HE IS GOING TO GO BEHIND THAT REGISTER AND PUT YOU IN HANDCUFFS AND TAKE YOU TO JAIL BECAUSE IT IS ILLEGAL FOR YOU TO ASK FOR MY ID!1!

The police station was a few blocks away. I often wonder if she actually went there (and if the cops managed to not burst out laughing at her if she did). Never saw her again.
              You'll find a slight squeeze on the hooter an excellent safety precaution, Miss Scrumptious.

Comment

I don't see checks too often where I work but... I don't think they're entirely dead.

i think some people are just use to them, but others don't like debit cards because of identity theft.

my bf uses both checks and debit/credit, although in his case the checks are specifically for paying bills and for expenses when he's doing a photo shoot. he prefers the ledger style to keep an eye on things.

Comment

Working...
                X