This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Complain about me, see if I care

One of my biggest pet peeves in one of the main buildings I work in is with the freight elevator. Absolutely nobody besides freight handlers and service personel are permitted to use the freight elevator. That is the buildings rule. That is the sign inside the elevator. But there is no enforcement of this rule whatsoever, so people will hop in the freight elevator whenever it happens to come first.

On to my story. There was a meeting the previous night and 8 chairs had to be removed and put down to storage. The world will end if these chairs (which never see use) aren't returned by 8:00. No big deal, we're in at 7:30, 2 guys, 4 chairs each, one fifteen minute trip and it's done. Of course the problem here is that guy #2 was Gord. He's only been late every day for the past year, so naturally he's the go to guy on a time sensitive job. So I've got 8 chairs to move by myself, 4 chairs per guy is do-able, 8 chairs is tough. I don't have time to make two trips so I make do. I get them to the elevator and they're stacked pretty good, but getting them over the lip and fighting with the elevator doors makes my stacks pretty unstable. But I'm in the elevator, it's early in the morning so I doubt there will be any dumbasses on the main floor looking to get into the freight. Cue the dumbass on the main floor.

Me: I'm sorry, I can't let you get on this elevator, you'll have to use one of the passenger elevators.
    Dumbass: I beg your pardon?!?
    Me: This is the freight elevator. For your own safety I am telling you that you will have to obey the building rules and stay off of it.
    Dumbass: Who do you think you are?!?
    Me: I know exactly who I am, I don't have to think about it.
    Dumbass: Who is your manager?
    Me: Julia on the third floor... and here's my boss's card, feel free to contact either or both.
    Dumbass: I'll be doing that.
    Me: Yes, please do, and make sure to tell them that out of concern for your safety, I politely requested that you obey the building rules. Now, you can either get off the freight elevator or we can stay here for the rest of the day, this elevator will not be moving while you are on it.
    Dumbass: Hmmmmmffff!
    Me: You have a nice day too ma'am.

Normally I'll just say fuck it and let the dumasses assume the risk, but I could see someone like this twit walking into one of the stacks, having it fall, and giving me a headache that I cannot live with right now, so I held my ground. I told Julia the story and she let me know that she'll read the riot act to any assclown calling and complaining about me in the freight.
    D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
    Quoth = Crossbow "EvilHomer, Irv, Gravekeeper, and Seraph: the Four Horsemen of the Dumbpocalypse."

I LOVE to hear about bosses who will back up their employees.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Nice, love it.
      There had to be DUMB in the water today. - Summerfly413

Comment

Working...
      X